Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotorTrend Car of the Year - 2006 Civic

http://motortrend.com/features/news...ar_of_the_year/

Motor Trend magazine, the world's automotive authority and part of the PRIMEDIA Consumer Automotive Group, today announced the selection of the Honda Civic as the 2006 Motor Trend Car of the Year. The Honda Civic has an impressive 2006 lineup that includes four new models - all winning the Car of the Year award. Now in its 57th year, the Motor Trend Car of the Year Award is the most coveted and most recognized honor in the automotive industry.

"Honda deserves a standing ovation for not playing it safe again," said Angus MacKenzie, editor-in-chief of Motor Trend. "With the sizzling Si, a sleek coupe, an elegant sedan, and a Hybrid that averages 50 miles per gallon, each model shines through with what Motor Trend looks for when crowning Car of the Year. The engineering passion that Honda Motor Company was founded on radiates from these new Civics."

After two full weeks of intense scrutiny, track testing, performance drives, and walk-around appraisals, Motor Trend editors found each of the 2006 Honda Civic models to be fun to drive and terrific value. With their bold, contemporary styling and innovative technology the new Civics are primed for success in one of the most competitive market segments in the country. For the past nine years the Honda Civic has been the best-selling retail compact car in the U.S., with Honda expecting sales for these new models to be even stronger.

This year, the editorial staff of Motor Trend conducted testing on 28 new models, searching for the automobile that best represents exceptional value, superiority in its class, and the most significant development on the new-car scene for 2006. This year's field, the largest to date, included a diverse offering from sports cars to minivans, and a price range from just over $14,000 to almost $75,000. Only truly new or substantially revised cars were considered with the condition that they be available for public sale by January 1, 2006.

The 2006 Motor Trend Car of the Year competition included the following models: Audi A3, BMW 3 Series, Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS, Chevrolet Cobalt, Chevrolet HHR, Chevrolet Impala, Dodge Charger, Ford Fusion, Honda Civic, Hyundai Accent, Hyundai Azera, Hyundai Sonata, Infiniti M35/M45, Kia Rio, Lexus GS, Lexus IS, Lincoln Zephyr, Mazda 5, Mazda MX-5, Mercedes-Benz CLS, Mercedes-Benz R-Class, Mercury Milan, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Pontiac Solstice, Toyota Avalon, Volkswagen Jetta, and Volkswagen Passat.

"This year's field was the largest ever in the history of the Car of the Year award, reflecting the amazing diversity of the U.S. automotive market," said MacKenzie. "Motor Trend is dedicated to finding one worthy winner each year. We recognize the importance and value our readers and the automotive industry place on these awards and that is why we remain committed to delivering the most impartial and thorough vehicle evaluation available. It is about a grueling testing process and suspending judgment until the results are in."

The Motor Trend Evaluation Process
    Each year, the editorial staff of Motor Trend evaluates eligible vehicles based on three key categories: Significance, Superiority, and Value. Significance refers to impact on the market and looks for mastery and innovation in engineering, technology, design, safety and packaging. Superiority levels the playing field and looks for class-leading levels of performance, style and functionality within its specific competitive set--not among all new vehicles. Finally, the all-important Value question asks, "What does this vehicle deliver in relation to what the consumer has to pay to purchase and own it?"

In making the selection, vehicles are taken to task through thousands of miles of on-track and on-street driving, in a wide variety of weather and road conditions to evaluate many factors, including styling and design; fit, finish and materials; engineering and technology; interior; safety; performance; and value. Additional aspects evaluated included handling balance, response, predictability, and power delivery.

The complete report on the 2006 Motor Trend Car of the Year testing and selection will be published in the January 2006 issue of Motor Trend (on newsstands December 6, 2005). Multimedia coverage of the testing and selection process will be broadcast on Motor Trend Radio, hosted by Bob Long.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

I want one.
    97 Yamaha YZF600R

Vouches: wagalude/sleepycb7/accordexr33/yeamans17/heylookitsdylan/tommi/JDMH22ACB7/smokeeey420/sackingz123/
    IDriveALude/Losiracer2/626cb7

Comment

holy crap another clone of my car ^^^^
      this is weird

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
        this is weird
        it's fuckin sexy though

Comment

this is weird
          Your car is not that hard to copy. Just pick up some amber corners and some CD5 EX rims and paint them gold...Not to mention the blackhoused headlights and black 92-93 CB7. I can go buy another CB7 and do that in a week...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
            Your car is not that hard to copy. Just pick up some amber corners and some CD5 EX rims and paint them gold...Not to mention the blackhoused headlights and black 92-93 CB7. I can go buy another CB7 and do that in a week...
            OUCH!! Right where it hurts
            You guys can copy my car too, its soo plain

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
              OUCH!! Right where it hurts
              You guys can copy my car too, its soo plain
              No I noticed it too...There are just too many of those floating around on here...Copies. It makes me like my rice mobile even more. Jak, if I buy a white 4dr CB7 i have effectively copied your car... . Ah, let me stop before a war is started against me...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                ...It makes me like my rice mobile even more. Jak, if I buy a white 4dr CB7 i have effectively copied your car... .
                LMFAO

Comment

lol it was just a joke

JaK FRoSTWhiTE - your white cb7 is squeaky clean
                  And it wasn't meant to insult c mak, his ride is very nice
                  Last edited by 97Lude; 11-24-2005, 02:38 AM.

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Nobody's CB is like mine...but that's probably out of everyone else's good taste.

*has been rocking electrical tape over the taillights since July*

As far as the stupid Civic being the COTY, gimme a break. Outside of the Si, it seems pretty underwhelming and unattractive. Most of the newcomers (namely the Mazda3, and I guess the Impreza, Corolla) hand its ass to it in class, looks and performance. It will do nothing but reaffirm that Honda's designers have lost their way...it really seems like a publicity stunt to me.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Count me in as a fan of the '06. First Civic design that's caught my interest since the wonderful 88-91 series. Ya'll can keep yer ugly chick-car EGs and whatnot.

And as for Motor Trend and their gimmicky "Car of the Year" award ... nevermind ...
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

lol it was just a joke

JaK FRoSTWhiTE - your white cb7 is squeaky clean
                        And it wasn't meant to insult c mak, his ride is very nice
                        It reminds me of why I hate Civics...you cannot be different. Unless you make it fugly. If its tasteful, there are like 200 more out there that looks like yours...I mean exactly like yours...

Oh, I was just joking...I know you did much more than that anyhow...its prolly why people are copying your car... . I am so glad mine takes too much effort to copy...especially since I modded up my body kit...pixors coming when I feel like it.

Comment

who gives a flying rats ass if there are hundreds of cars out there like yours. civics are freaking great. the new civic's well i wish i had the si. they look good, perform well (for those not racing for a living), and last forever. O and did i mention the aftermarket is fucking insane when it comes to civics. i wouldn't care if there was 1billion civics out there. with all the different parts available for it, it would be soo easy to be "different". for those hating on the civic, i'd like to know why!!!! it a great car. if u want a race car go buy a porsche or lamborgini or some oher $100k car. if u want a normal daily driver that u want to mod up a bit if u so choose to civic is the car for u. civic not meant to be super fast. it is meant to be economical. marginal cost of making it super fast outdoes marginal benefit 1000x fold. yey honda for another well done job.
                          grrrr i sick of people hating on civics for no apparent reason. i like civics but i wouldn't want to buy one.
                          now if u want to go attacking honda, the only thing i didn't like was the passport!
                          My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                          X