Need computer help ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need computer help ASAP

Well I bought an external HD for my computer to hold my music, games, and other files. Well it required a usb 2.0 not the 1.1. So i go to fry's and buy one. Well i put it in and my computer does not start up correctly. It says boot failed boot aborted or somthing like that. Well i kept restarting it and pushed F2 while it booted. I got a screen up and just put return to default and got out. Well now the computer starts and everything is cool but I can't use my cd and dvd drive. It does not even see it in the my comptuer area it shows the floppy drive that is all. I need help please. I want to burn dvd's and music ....... How do i get the computer to see them??

thanks for the quick response. How do i go to the BIOS and check all drives?

Comment

well i know a little and can usually figure things out. Well the screen that came up when i pressed DEL is the same screen i got when i first messed things up. I can't find anything to just search for drives?? any other ideas??

BTW: The lights turn on when the computer starts up but shut off and the cd and dvd drives don't work

Comment

Originally posted by optimusprime
        well i know a little and can usually figure things out. Well the screen that came up when i pressed DEL is the same screen i got when i first messed things up. I can't find anything to just search for drives?? any other ideas??

BTW: The lights turn on when the computer starts up but shut off and the cd and dvd drives don't work

my computer did the same exact shit when it gets hot

try leaving it off for ten minutes and start it back up maybe?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

danny i need help dude...Know of anything to get this going. It shows nothing of my dvd and cd drive's in my computer. they open now but they don't read anything help

Comment

Originally posted by optimusprime
            danny i need help dude...Know of anything to get this going. It shows nothing of my dvd and cd drive's in my computer. they open now but they don't read anything help
            damn dude, what'd you do?!

have you tried booting the computer with the external hard drive disconnected?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Working...
            X