got screwed shipping to canada again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got screwed shipping to canada again.

well i got screwed shipping shit to canada again,must be a lil game somepeople like to play up there first time i sent a bunch of stuff cost me a fortune and then he said it cost him a bunch to get the stuff so he never sent my stuff out.now its happened again with a member on here sent him strut tower bars he told me how he wanted it shipped and everything did it all like he said and then tells me today that its gonna cost him 30.00 more dollars to get them and he wants his money back which i had to have him resend a money order.which i havent received yet.or hes shipping them back to me and ill have to pay the shipping and the 60.00 so i told him to just f*****g keep them and cancel the money order so he got some strut bars for free good deal huh and i had to pay the shipping great scam i will never ship a god d**n thing to canada again.
    im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
    93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
    92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
    93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
    92 ex accord coupe auto

I hope you didn't ship using a courier like UPS or Fedex.

Why on Earth would you refund him his money, if you didn't make an error?

He won't get the item released until he pays the duty/taxes/brokerage-fees, so he won't get it free unless you send him money.

Why did you send him money? Because of *his* inability to understand cross border shopping?
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

yea youre an idiot for giving him money back. his fault he has to pay extra, thats what you get for livin in canada

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
        yea youre an idiot for giving him money back. his fault he has to pay extra, thats what you get for livin in canada

Comment

Todd gots American Pride

on another note, shipping anything to outside the US can a lot of times get pricy and dicey. I hate to say it, but i hate when people from outside the U.S buy my ebay stuff, cause its always a pain to ship to outside the US, and even bigger the issue of actually recieving the stuff, and blah.

its a shame ray, that you gave him stuff for free, but i guess if thats what it takes to get people of your shoulder then, hey maybe it was for the best.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa! No need for comments from the peanut gallery. There were exactly two constructive replies on this thread not counting mine.

I just got off the phone with UPS. It gets interesting, so stand-by.

There was a $30.00 duty assigned to the package for tariffs, duties, and brokerage fees. He would have had to pay that in order to get the strut tower bars. He apparently did not, so the package is not going to be delivered. I imagine at this point it will sit in some warehouse somewhere until someone decides to take it home.

Apparently UPS does not add all of those fees into the freight charge when you send it international ground (they do when you ship it via Air). We usually ship air to Canada, so I was not aware of this. We also do not pay the brokerage fees on that end because the companies we ship to are responsible for paying those fees, and have arrangements to do so, without our involvement.

Yes the package was shipped via UPS, because it was shipped from a commercial location. That is who we deal with, so that is how we shipped it.

Sorry, Ray I didn't know there were going to be duties and tariffs on that end, since we usually ship to other commercial businesses, I figured it would be included. Apparently not. I don't know what the buyer is going to do, and I don't know what you are going to do, I just figured you may want to know that. I guess don't ship to CA unless you call the shipping company first to make sure everything is covered.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Ahh...Golden Rule for Canadians.

"Never Use UPS for Cross Border. Ever."

Brokerage and "dispensing" fees kill any decent deal.
              I buy stuff from the US all the time....and just get it shipped USPS.

You just found an idiot buyer, who didn't do his homework.
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.

Comment

Well, no, that's what he gets by shipping UPS.
                http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

Anything over about $35 USD (40Cdn) gets hit with $19.45 in brokerage fees, and 2.7% (min $5.35) disbursement fees.

About $25 NOT including shipping, taxes and duty!

Boo UPS.

Comment

its not your fault owequitit and guess what im not an idiot,kid.i just felt id be the better person and just say hey you know what keep the strut bars and your cash and shove them both up your a**. i dont need no bullshit from the kids im too old for that shit and 60.00 isnt going to break me so oh well no more shipping to canada just beware when you do ship there it may cost more and let the buyer know.
                  90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                  93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                  92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

well it looks like we might get it worked out but yeah i just hate shipping up there id love to help them out but man i always get these bad deals it sucks im just not going to ship to canada anymore lesson's learned.but oh well.
                    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

im confused, ray ray is in AZ, owequitit sais he is from AZ? why are we shipping to canada?
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

yeah i always get RAPED when im buying graffiti supplies from canada, like 40 bucks for shipping for like 50 cans..wtf?

Comment

im an asshole. but im honest. rays gonna get all his money. im the one whos out.

Comment

I shipped the product for Ray because we ship hundreds of packages a day at work, many to Canada. Like I said before, we ship mostly air freight and we ship only to commercial customers (businesses). I didn't buy the stuff. I shipped it.

Steve B, I understand what you are saying, but again, we haven't had any issues in the past. Our Canadian customers obviously know how to do business with US companies, so I took it foregranted that the buyer may not know about duties and tariffs.

Also, I pretty much refuse to ship anything USPS. They don't guarantee anything (even if they say they do), and if you have ever had them lose a package of yours, you would understand why. UPS and FEDEX have lost multiple packages, but if you buy the insurance, you get your money back.

Besides, UPS doesn't have anything to do with duties, tariffs, or brokerage fees. Those are all associated with getting it through Customs. Just like transit times. They vary due to customs, not due to the freight company usually.

USPS isn't the butt of jokes because it is convenient.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 01-11-2006, 09:16 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              Besides, UPS doesn't have anything to do with duties, tariffs, or brokerage fees. Those are all associated with getting it through Customs.
                              Nope.
                              The inflated brokerage and disbursement fees are UPS's alone. Duty's and tariffs obviously not.

The brokerage fees are for filling out *one* piece of paper. Somehow that must alter dramatically due to the value of the shipment.

I drove a set of rims through customs a month ago. No duty, no tariff, no brokerage fee, no disbursement fee. 17 bones for tax, which I knew about ahead of time, no biggie.

UPS would have me pay 40 bucks to fill out the paperwork to pay the 17 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                              X