Financial responsibility vs. Money to burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial responsibility vs. Money to burn

I was just thinking... there are a lot of people with a full plate on here. There are also a lot of young tuners that are working on their first car.

I'm just curious where people stand. Who has money to burn? Who has bills out the wazoo, with the occasional dollar to spend (usually thanks to a strict diet of Ramen and Kool Aid)?

I personally own my own home. In addition to my normal mortgage payments, I also have a second mortgage to pay for my upcoming wedding. I also have my utility bills, credit card bills (not so much car stuff on it as home repair and medical charges), insurance, etc...

My job sucks ass, so I rarely have money to spend on my car. At the moment, I'm really feeling the crunch (and it hurts! ) I'm getting by, but my car-modding cash is nil...

I talk to so many of the younger crowd on here... those who live with their parents and MAYBE pay for their own insurance and cell phone... nothing else. I'm curious to see where everyone stands.

And to that young, financially free crowd I have one piece of advice! Live it up! Do what you want now with your money, because soon you'll have other places to put it! You can build that 11 second car at 17 more easily than you can at 23! Once you hit that "responsible" stage of your life, you'll have to wait till your career is going strong before you can justifiably dump a buttload of cash into your ride!
    If your job sucks, go apply at a restaurant. Be a waiter. The job sucks, the people are annoying as hell... but the money is there for the taking. At 17 or 18, if you have nobody claiming your money you'll be able to do whatever you want (I know there are those that are young parents, or have to help pay for the family expenses... I don't assume that ALL 17 year olds are financially free)

There's my rant

Just got a better job about 250 to spend or save a week rest goes to gas food and ocasianally paying cell phone bill or insurance

about 1200 2 mod with a mouth

Comment

bills out the wazoo but manageable...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

I'm saving up to move out. I have some things to pay off...then hopefully I'll save about 6-8k, buy my next car and move out by July. *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by 91ACCORDSIR
          Just got a better job about 250 to spend or save a week rest goes to gas food and ocasianally paying cell phone bill or insurance

about 1200 2 mod with a mouth
          Wow... now THAT is what I wish I had when I was younger! I wasn't into my car then (hell, I didn't drive till a month before I turned 19). I also just worked minimum wage jobs... usually enough to take my girl out to eat every now and then. If only I knew where I would be at now... If I was into my car then, and knew where to make the money, I would have one hell of a car! Even now, when I have the extra money, it's hard to justify spending it on the car... my house could use some upgrading (my dining room wallpaper is gray and pink... ick!)

Comment

I'm 29 with a mortgage, truck and car payment, child care, credit cards and utilities..... The normal middle american lifestyle. I have a little money every month to put towards the Accord, but once I return to work I should have more.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the younger crowd. I'm in the military make just over 2k a month and have zero bills except for the usual (insurance, phone...). So about 1k a month goes to my car. Maybe thats why I drive the crap out of it and have a long list of mods to do.
              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
              registration is free

Comment

my civic getting totalled was kind of a blessing in disguise...no more $200 a month pmt and the lovely insurance to cover it...so that kinda helps with the car upgrades...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by chile
                  my civic getting totalled was kind of a blessing in disguise...no more $200 a month pmt and the lovely insurance to cover it...so that kinda helps with the car upgrades...
                  I almost feel that way about my DX being wrecked. As soon as I can start ripping parts out of it and selling them (looks like Craigs List isn't going to help me...) I'll have some money to play with. Of course, that'll probably go to my credit card! This year will NOT be the year of the built H22!

Comment

Ill be 21 on monday and i feel it's useless getting a apt. It's just more cash youll need sure but theres always hotel rooms that at cheap that you could stay if you need a place to get away.

I go to school but took a trimester off. Been working almost everyday. Getting shit hrs now so i work like 26 hrs a week and get payed every other week. which means i can spend one paycheck on whatever

Inshurance 165.00
                    cell phone 70.00
                    Credit carda. 40
                    CCb 40.00
                    CCc. 40.00
                    Gas/food 80.00

Then mods. etc. Its been slow... but cant wait till summer

Comment

Nice thread, I started working when I turned 16, I saved like a mad man and managed to by my CB7, then I got a better job at Circuit City which pretty much doubled what I was making at the movie theatre I was working at, I worked between school and was dead beat. And I finally have the $2,000 for my h22.(It better be worth it.)
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

I only have 1 job and I pay for everything I own. I do own 3 accord's which I earned myself and I'm very proud of it.
                        Each month I have credit card bills to pay for, school, gas, food, clothes, part of insurance, cell phone, going out with friends, and parts for my cars.
                        It sucks only having one job because I barely have money to burn.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                        91 accord lx (5spd)
                        92 accord lx (5spd)
                        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          I almost feel that way about my DX being wrecked. As soon as I can start ripping parts out of it and selling them (looks like Craigs List isn't going to help me...) I'll have some money to play with. Of course, that'll probably go to my credit card! This year will NOT be the year of the built H22!
                          it's funny how we do that, thinking we'll have the extra $$$...my allowance is slowly but surely dwindling every time my wife sees something new in the garage but i told her it's coming to a temporary end soon...at least til summer. i don't think i'll be building the other F22 i have lined up, either...oh well.

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Well lets see I make $7.90 an hour as a part time job. I don't work much cause of being slow right now. I get paid 200 or 380 every 2 weeks, but that goes to bills. So my progresion with the cb is kinda slow right now.

-$1,700.00 bill it was for a good reason.
                            -$100.00 bill for insurance
                            -$50.00 bill for dsl
                            -$60.00 bill for cell phone.
                            -$0.00 funds for cb
                            -being broke priceless.

Yes I still live with my parents so I pay for the bills and stuff. Thats why my cb comes slowly.
                            "form follows function."
                            Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                              Nice thread, I started working when I turned 16, I saved like a mad man and managed to by my CB7, then I got a better job at Circuit City which pretty much doubled what I was making at the movie theatre I was working at, I worked between school and was dead beat. And I finally have the $2,000 for my h22.(It better be worth it.)
                              You'll love it trust me.
                              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                              registration is free

Comment

Working...
                              X