Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I could use some vBulletin help. I need an automatic usergroup change at 100 posts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could use some vBulletin help. I need an automatic usergroup change at 100 posts.

Not just a name change, but a full usergroup change. I'm setting up the new "Beginner Forum", and I want to limit every Newcomer to that forum in terms of posting. I've figured out how to change that group, but I want them to change into normal Registered useres after they have 100 posts!

Does anyone have experience doing something like this? The vbulletin.com forum got me nothing, and even though I registered, they still won't let me post there...

I don't know about VBB but with Invision boards you can easily make it so certain groups can only view/post on certain boards of the administration's choice. I'm sure there's a way to do it with VBB. Just keep digging.

Comment

the only forum that i know of that uses such a thing is accordinglydone.com. you have to have 25 posts before posting in the classifieds... hoping that chris will get online sometime, searched google with no answers.

Comment

I can make the group... I have it made already, actually... but the automatic changeover at the desired post count is what I can't figure out.

I might need to use the Promotions feature... make EVERYONE a noob... and allow people with over 100 posts to access the rest of the site.

You guys are gonna be pissed at me for a bit if things go wrong doing that!

Comment

Here's a screenshot of what I meant. I'm posting the link because it's the full-view screenshot so I don't slow the thread down for dialup users.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../untitled1.jpg

EDIT: Crap! Photobucket downsized the picture. Oh, well....
          Last edited by According2Aaron; 03-21-2006, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I can make the group... I have it made already, actually... but the automatic changeover at the desired post count is what I can't figure out.

I might need to use the Promotions feature... make EVERYONE a noob... and allow people with over 100 posts to access the rest of the site.

You guys are gonna be pissed at me for a bit if things go wrong doing that!
            Wait, you mean you'd only do that to n00bs, right? Not us? lol

About the automatic changeover, I dunno. I'd have to be an administrator and see what I have to work with as far as the board tools, but that won't happen. lol. I hope you can get it like you want.

Comment

I think I have it set... lemme play with it and see...

Comment

Sweet, something to promote post whoring in the new "Beginner's" forum.

This isn't a bad idea, but I hope you enjoy deleting posts alot.

Comment

Hey, Deev, what about the Members' Rides board? Will n00bs be able to post their cars there?

Comment

Eh, whoring will be dealt with... anyone who has something like "hey, I have 45 posts! 5 more to go!" will find themselves a few posts short

Rules are coming soon... I'm just messing with it right now.

So, if I did everything right, anyone with over 50 posts should be able to respond to this... if not... well... then I'll bet you're all pretty pissed at me

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                      Hey, Deev, what about the Members' Rides board? Will n00bs be able to post their cars there?
                      Not until after 50. Ask uncle_el... noobs are a nightmare in there People who post their profiles incorrectly are very common, and very irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Not until after 50. Ask uncle_el... noobs are a nightmare in there People who post their profiles incorrectly are very common, and very irritating.
                        Very true. I try to be nice to the n00bs in the MR section but they do get annoying when they don't read the rules. haha

Comment

I got it to work! Yay!

I'm going to have to clean up that noob section once all the hubbub dies down. People are having a ball in there

Comment

lol. Congrats on your success! w00t!

Comment

Success in a way... I think I messed things up a bit... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X