The $20 challenge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The $20 challenge.

Ok, here's something I came up with... I don't know if the idea was inspired by something else or not, but as far as I know it's original

Basically. What can you make in one month's time, starting with just $20?

Here's the game:

You have to invest $20. You don't have to give it to anybody. This isn't a pyramid scheme or anything. It's your $20, for your own use.

With that $20, you need to do SOMETHING to make it grow. Invest in the stock market, create and sell a product, buy and resell items, something...

The rules:
    1) It has to be LEGAL! No scamming, stealing, cheating, pyramid scheming, etc... anything that is illegal or bordering on illegal is out of the question.

2) You MUST give a detailed account of exactly what you did. You can't just magically say "I have $1000!" at the end of the month! How did you do it? What did you do? If you can't account for money spent or earned, it doesn't count. Be meticulous with your records!

3) Be honest. There is no way to prove your claims, so for the sake of the game, just be honest!

4) Everything that isn't a part of you (limbs, skills, etc... ) must be purchased with the initial $20. Selling parts you have lying around the house doesn't count.

5) You MAY sell items on this forum, however, in order for it to count for the game, you must list what YOU paid for the item! Buy some bumper lights for $5 and sell them for $10... fine. But you must say they were purchased for $5. Any classified threads created on this forum for this contest must be noted as such, and linked to in the final "how you did it" post.

6) Selling to friends and family is allowed. If you get your friends to buy stuff from you at an inflated price, fine. Shows you have generous (or stupid) friends! Everyone is assumed to have friends, so that's not an unfair advantage to anybody.

7) Keep it mature. If people get childish and start fighting over this, it's over. This is meant to be fun and (hopefully) educational!

I reserve the right to end this game at any time, if I deem things to be getting out of hand.

And finally... the prize! What do you get if you earn the most out of everybody competing?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHINHG! Yeah, this is a prizeless contest. If you win, you get the satisfaction of winning... and whatever you earned. Everyone is basically a winner, since the "how I did it" posts required to participate might have some really useful information!

So, have fun with it! Any questions can be posted here. This game officially starts on April 8th (tomorrow) and ends at midnight on Sunday, May 7th.

Originally posted by deevergote
    1) It has to be LEGAL! ... anything that is illegal or bordering on illegal is out of the question.

damn.... I coulda won too.....

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

There was just a MAJOR marijuana bust in Philly... I work with enough potheads with their own sources that I could make a killing from that void in the market. (strange, I never smoked or sold it... never will...)

It has to be legal, so that's out! Not that I would anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        There was just a MAJOR marijuana bust in Philly... I work with enough potheads with their own sources that I could make a killing from that void in the market. (strange, I never smoked or sold it... never will...)

It has to be legal, so that's out! Not that I would anyway!
        who said anything about mary-j? what are you trying to say huh? lol.

actually, I was thinking more along the lines of cock fighting. My uncle has tons of roosters, and fights a few and makes big bucks from it.

Comment

Damn deev...everything I keep thinking of the I KNOW would bring some good money and IS LEGAL infringes on some morals/beliefs so I couldn't do it.

My Accord History:
          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Don't share with these immoral bastards!

The rules DO make it a little tough. And revealing all your secrets really makes you think about your methods... you don't want to say "I sold empty boxes for video game systems on ebay!" ... your fine print may say that the boxes are empty (making it legal) but you're going to look like a total schmuck when you reveal that!

Comment

I have an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                I have an idea
                God help us all

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

gambling allowed?
                  HSHO #3

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                    I have an idea
                    wayne, you wanna borrow 20 bucks at 5% each week?
                    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      who said anything about mary-j? what are you trying to say huh? lol.

actually, I was thinking more along the lines of cock fighting. My uncle has tons of roosters, and fights a few and makes big bucks from it.

pssh... watch me turn a 20 bag of coke into a g or so of crack... 20 bucks could go a long while... but i don't fuck with white...

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                        pssh... watch me turn a 20 bag of coke into a g or so of crack... 20 bucks could go a long while... but i don't fuck with white...
                        yea, I'm in seattle, I can make some HUGE bucks in that business, but I just dont wana get involved with that shit.

Comment

i got some ideas ... let me look into them ... nope microsoft wont sale for 20$ damn lol j/k ill think of something

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                            gambling allowed?
                            As long as you're over 21, and it's a legal venue, sure

Comment

heh...i could buy a p05 for that much and turn it into a chipped p72 in minutes lmao...i could win this pretty easy
                              Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Working...
                              X