What is Rice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Rice?

Ok, before I say anything, where I live body kits are nearly nonexsistent. Most people have exhaust, a lot have intakes, and pretty much everybody has rims but that's it. The BEST looking cars around here has basically every bell and whistle at Auto Zone plus a body kit that matches the rest of the car.

Around here, "rice" is actually cool. Please note that "rice" to my peers means a body kit basically. Anything more than the above mentioned upgrades around here is total RRIIICCCEE!

Let me know your opinion.
    91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
    intake
    exhaust

2 me rice is when some 1 goes 2 auto zone and buys all the stuff that does nothing but make ur car look like crap they put the stilver strips on ever edge they can.

stickers every where on the car APC on the front or rear window.

the coffee can they have sounds like crap and it not even put on correct on the car and hangs like the car is about 2 shit the can out. having the FLAMES on the side of ur car when its slower then who knows wat. (u got 2 love it when they put it on the VANS and 4 RUNNERS)

body kits r not rice 2 me but it depends on how it flows with the car.

Comment

rice boy page
      this website is two words....FUCKIN HILARIOUS. and it gives you a good explanation of what 'rice' is

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
        2 me rice is when some 1 goes 2 auto zone and buys all the stuff that does nothing but make ur car look like crap they put the stilver strips on ever edge they can.

stickers every where on the car APC on the front or rear window.

the coffee can they have sounds like crap and it not even put on correct on the car and hangs like the car is about 2 shit the can out. having the FLAMES on the side of ur car when its slower then who knows wat. (u got 2 love it when they put it on the VANS and 4 RUNNERS)

body kits r not rice 2 me but it depends on how it flows with the car.
        In my opinion your front bumper is rice but thats just my opinion. I think rice is mostly just cheap crap your put on your car. Some examples would be decals, $80 pep boys mufflers, $100 ebay header. Just mostly stuff that dosen't do you car any good.

Bodykit's in general arent rice. Just bodykits that are way to agressive I think are rice. I mean your front bumer shouldn't look like a great blue whale opening it's mouth.

So in general I think just adding cheap stuff to your car makes it rice.

And I almost forgot not painting and properly installing the kit. Thats rice!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra

In my opinion your front bumper is rice but thats just my opinion. I think rice is mostly just cheap crap your put on your car. Some examples would be decals, $80 pep boys mufflers, $100 ebay header. Just mostly stuff that dosen't do you car any good.

Bodykit's in general arent rice. Just bodykits that are way to agressive I think are rice. I mean your front bumer shouldn't look like a great blue whale opening it's mouth.

So in general I think just adding cheap stuff to your car makes it rice.

And I almost forgot not painting and properly installing the kit. Thats rice!
          thats how i feel...there are a shitload of cars on here that are rice but im nice and keep to myself. but yeah, my car has alot of exterior mods and few performance mods, but i dont consider my car 'rice' because my modifications add to the look, not detract from it like 'im gonna eat you' body kits, huge wings, lots of colors, etc. etc.

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

yea believe me i think my own front is rice. this front i got like a year after i got my car and well i was young and stupid so wat can i say. hopefully sooner or later i will just end up getting a simpler front. or just keep it as a back up like i did before my other 1 got stolen

Comment

^Thats cool. Just glad I didn't offend you.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

its all good man i know every is goin 2 have there 2 cents in there. every 1 has there own taste. i don't expect every one 2 love my car

Comment

Ok, basically the best way to describe my feelings and everything is that I want my car to have the POTENTIAL to go fast. Two weeks after I got my license, I basically wrapped a car around a tree trying to take a corner too fast. Nowadays, I get to the speed limit as fast as possible and then just cruise.

I'll end by saying that if I was ever called a "ricer" it would only be because that is what my budget requires. The times that I actually have money to spend on a car are very few and far between. Since a car to me is a constant work in progress, I upgrade the things that I have the money for. Now true, the only stickers that I would even think about putting on my car would be from the products that I have installed but since name brand parts cost more, all of my upgrades will most likely be no name brands.
                  91 Accord LX

MotoraZ Chrome 4-2-1 headers
                  intake
                  exhaust

Comment

Rice is ignorance.

Do whatever you want to do with your car. I have no problems with altezzas, body kits or anything; but if you tell me that your APR wing makes your car faster... that's rice.

Honestly, 'rice' is one of those words that is overused, overrated and misunderstood. I don't even like to use that word. I either like it or I don't; plain and simple. Everyone has a different opinions; that's what makes the import scene so interesting.

We'll keep this thread going as long as discussion does not lead to flaming/bashing.

Comment

Rice is...

- something like this:

- crazy paint jobs, and oversized wings:

- crazy body kits and overkill exterior modifications:

- bad negative camber is rice.

- ignorance of mods.

- adding mass amounts of decals (esp. for products you don't even own).

- heated springs, cut springs, etc.

- ANYTHING painted a different color because "SOON, the whole part of that will be that color" (body kits, interior pieces)

- leaning back wayyyy to far in your seat... well, this just annoys me... lol.

the list goes on and on... check out this page for more:

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_...a_ricer_if.html

here's some examples of modded cars that i would not consider rice:

but as mike (black92accord) said, it's all opinionated.

Comment

hate the use of the word.

black92accord and accordtunerx i think put it very nicely. i agree with you guys 100%.

an ugly ride does not rice make; however, rice does make an ugly ride. you can quote me on that

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Now this car is rice!!!!! j/k. Thats he best looking silver teg I have ever seen!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

there was this crx on ebay that had a wooden body kit...now thats just *** rice...iono where it is but it was hella funnie.
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yea i remember that crx they guy who put it all together did it just for the hell of it. he said it was done as a joke but it was funny

Comment

Working...
                              X