Might be getting 92 accorx ex!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be getting 92 accorx ex!

okay listen to this! I just found a 92 accord Ex. The bad thing about it is that it has 258,000 miles. THe car is white and the interior is blue, It has a new clutch, new brakes, tires, muffler. Its a one owner car. It was this guys wife and then it was his daughters car for college. Now from that i know the car has not been beaten. he also said that there is rust around the wheel well. He wants $1,100 Or B.O See im like shit thats awsome just like my car i belive

He also said that theres some minor engine work. I asked what it was and he said that when the car is idling or in park the Rpms jump from like 3,000 to like 1 or something like that. He wants really sure but thats what he told me.

I havnt seen a pic of it but i may go take a look and buy it.

What do you think? I know it has alot of miles but hey dont they last forever? I want to do an h22 swap also

Please let me know!!!!!!!

A 5 speed in "park" You okay ?

Comment

hey, as long as it has a clean body....go for it.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

"park"

But yeah, wheel well rust is common on CB7s. Cost me $620 for a new paint job and my wheel well repair at Maaco. If the rest of the car is cool, and it runs, then it's a steal. You can always swap in an H22 later on, and then you won't have a 250k mile car anymore (just ask cpmike)

I say jump on it. Plus, you still have your old car for parts if anything breaks

Comment

yeah what about the rpms? That i said above. I have a feeling there might be alot of rust. Im gonna try and fix it myself

Comment

rpm=FIV...fast idle valve...check that.

what u mean rust is common for cb7's? i never seen any
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I've heard strange stories about RPM jumping like that before... I even had my H22 pulse from 1000 to 2000 up and down a few times... I'm really not sure what it is. It could just be a sensor... Maybe you should ask about it in the Tech forums... I'm sure someone there would know.

Comment

Or maybe 'ztech would know

And living on the Northern East Coast, rust is common as hell on CB7s... especially for those of us who got used cars from people who weren't quite as anal about keeping them perfect

Comment

im not anal, im just gifted =)
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

hes not anal, he just likes anal.. owned zteccccckkk

Comment

hahahahhaa:owned:

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
                        hes not anal, he just likes anal.. owned zteccccckkk
                        when u avalible again man?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

aww sheit. i bought a white 93 LX with 243k miles for $2200... BUY THAT CAR, IMO for that price you should also order an h22. but if it runs fine, you probly would even be fine w/ the stock engine in there... i got mine up to 247k and it was running fine, my friends acura is at 308k...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Maple get the car! I've already been inspired by Cpmike to do a swap in a year or two. We gotta setup a lounge for people who only own white cb7s on here...finding a white one is pretty rare in these parts.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

go for it,sounds like a deal to me.as long as the body aint to bad you could always drop another engine in.and that idle problem could be the fast idle valve or a simple vacume leak.

Comment

Working...
                              X