Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New job doing Car Inspections @ local Garage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New job doing Car Inspections @ local Garage..

So yeah there is this mobil station in the center of my town that's kinda busy and they just got all the equipment to do inspections. I guess some girl there was going to do it but shes not and the guy who owns the garage part well i hear he is super nice. My moms bf get's all his work done on his rav 4 and talks to the guy and tells him about me everytime he goes there how I love cars etc.

I guess my moms bf went there today and asked if the girl was doing it and he said no he's looking for someone so he got me an application to work there!

How sweet would that be? Doing state inspections maybe 40+ hrs a week making 9.50 i think it was an hr for the first month then after id make 1150 if i was good etc

And if im good and he likes me maybe I can use his garage @ night to work on my car etc.. and Id learn how to do everything on my car etc.

Im just excited! Possibly and Awesome job for the summer

I think a few people do this on here or work at a shop. How easy is it?

sounds like a good summer job, do you have any exp at a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by sublime
      sounds like a good summer job, do you have any exp at a shop?

None, but I guess this guy is VERY nice, and young and knows what he's doing.He would show me everything to do. Of course im not going to be doing everything right away. just basic things like checking blinkershe, replacing lightbulbs etc.

Sounds like a fun job 2 me. Maybe even learn how to do timming belt job's and I could even show him some things with headspwas

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
        None, but I guess this guy is VERY nice, and young and knows what he's doing.He would show me everything to do. Of course im not going to be doing everything right away. just basic things like checking blinkershe, replacing lightbulbs etc.

Sounds like a fun job 2 me. Maybe even learn how to do timming belt job's and I could even show him some things with headspwas
        yeah so you can get yourself out of debt and lead a good life.

Comment

hed probably just fuck up
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well if its like most serious jobs they drug test also.
            Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              hed probably just fuck up
              because it is so hard to test fuctionality and dyno or plug a obd 2 reader in

Comment

Congrats Maple. Glad to see things are starting to look up....
                Keep it movin!
                Bean Town Crew Member #3
                Lovin' the 6MT w/ Nav TL!
                "They Aint the REAL McCOY!"

Comment

At least here in VA, you have to be certified before being hired as an inspector. Gotta have an interview with the state police and the shop you want to work for has to be in good standing. Hope you get it, but if you were in VA, you'd just get laughed at

My Accord History:
                  91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by PHENOM
                    Congrats Maple. Glad to see things are starting to look up....
                    Keep it movin!

thanks! When we gonna meet up so i can see your whip?

yeah this would be a sweet job to have! Maybe hell pay for some classes etc for me to take etc. ahh can't wait till i go home to fill out application and meet the guy

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                      At least here in VA, you have to be certified before being hired as an inspector. Gotta have an interview with the state police and the shop you want to work for has to be in good standing. Hope you get it, but if you were in VA, you'd just get laughed at
                      Yeah. Same story here in Cali. Gotta take quite a few classs and tests to become a certified smog tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175

And if im good and he likes me maybe I can use his garage @ night to work on my car etc.. and Id learn how to do everything on my car etc.

Im just excited! Possibly and Awesome job for the summer

I think a few people do this on here or work at a shop. How easy is it?
                        yeah man.. working at a small local garage is kool if you can get a decent hourly wage... and thats like the best perk of the job is that usually you'll be able to work on your own $hit after hours! good luck man.

Comment

Working...
                        X