CB7 asking price at dealer: head scratcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 asking price at dealer: head scratcher

There's a Honda dealer near me, so about every other week on my way home I cruise through their used lot after hours ... just to see.

The other day: '92 LX sedan 5-sp, lo-miles and nice Well, take a look for yourself: http://www.diamondlot.com/cgi/info.e...ealer=HENNHOND

I ran the VIN through CARFAX --- zero issues and a local car for many years (orig. Calif.)

The ad currently says $7000. Yesterday it was $8000. OK, we know it isn't worth that. Looked at another way, spending $5K for a car that will easily go 100K+ more miles and still sell for $1.5K when washed up isn't a bad deal. Nevermind.

But if it gets in an accident and totaled soon, ain't no insurance co. going to pay more than about book value on it and the owner will be screwed. Surely the dealer knows this?
    Last edited by deckeda; 05-18-2006, 05:40 PM.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

i would pay 3k for it 3500 tops
    FA1

Comment

it's probably worth about half of what they're asking.

Comment

Its a dealer. Do you expect any different?
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

deckeda, where have you been?

and $8k for an lx? typo? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Yeah, I know, TypeG. Been incognito.
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

hahah @type g's sig

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
              ----
              02 Pontiac Firebird W68
              92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

ROTF @ type G's sig thats to funny,and damn i paid like 3800Cdn for my se, thats expensive for dat car

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Walk in there with Bluebook/NADA and offer 3k. You'll probably get it for close to that amount. Dealers have their heads up their asses sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
                    Walk in there with Bluebook/NADA and offer 3k. You'll probably get it for close to that amount. Dealers have their heads up their asses sometimes.

blue book price for a dealer is higher than it is for a regular person.....a $3500 car between you and me could book for $4200 from a dealer
                    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Gas prices anyone?

Why buy an reletively unattractive economy vehicle(civic) when you can roll around in a reletively attractive sedan, that gets pretty bomb ass gas mileage while still giving you a ton of other kickass shit

example:armrest

luxury baby , yeah yeah yeah
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Kelly Blue Book value from a dealership for that car in that zip code is $4,905.
                        Print out the page from KBB.com and take that into the dealership, then try to get a discount off of the Blue Book price for them trying to charge more than the car is worth.

Comment

Nice...almost a mirror image of mine. Maybe their charging extra for the tweeters in the front doors?
                          '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                          EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

I say you find the guy that made up that price and give him 2 black eyes, and take a picture with,

Cb7tuner.com for life

Comment

OR
                              this is good for you if they do sell it at that price. other peoples CBs will be worth more.

Comment

Working...
                              X