I have a confession!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a confession!

I have been lurking on www.bimmerfest.com forums for the past couple days because I still considering buying a 5 series or possibly E38 740il but I was shocked with some of the info I read. I've always been BMW lover since i was kid and told myslef that I would get one by the time i'm 25(5/21/06) so I have been checking local delalerships on deals. The 5 series (30/40/M5) do have alot of problems even on fairly new ones(99-upwards) which scared the fuck out of me. I never knew that these cars are so problematic. I thought they were bulit alot better, I still want a bimmer but Iso scared of buying one and then have to come out of pocket and fix all these little stupid expensive shit. Even to get a OEM bwm 5 series battery is a pain in the ass. I was gonna keep my CB but just get a loan for a 528 or 530 but know I have a shit load of research to do before making this HUGE decision. Its always good to research before making impulsive decisions.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Yeah dude, you did not know German cars are VERY problematic? All German makes. And then it costs an assload to fix because they are over-engineered.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

keep up with maintenence or say bye bye german car.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

I knew they had some problems like all cars but damn bro, they have tranny problems at 50,000 miles?? The pixel in there digital dash ans radios get bad real quick?? Their cupholders on all 5 and 7 series are garbage?? And all this shit cost a bunch to fix replace. The 740 needs a new radiator every 50-60,000 miles, if you use a aftermarket tranny fluid filter your tranny makes a whining strnage sound. All this shit is just scratching the surface but they are pricely repairs. My damn Cb is13 yrs old and I barely had any probs, shit, I might as well settled for a Tl or something!
        1993 Accord LX - Sold
        93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Ya, my boss recently got a 2001 Audi A6 4.2 V8. He's had it for a couple of months, and it's already been to the dealer 3 times for service issues. The last visit was $1800! The majority of that was labor just to get to the parts that needed replacing. The car only has about 50k on the odometer. Stick with Japanese cars......
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

....there goes my dream car.....this shit sux...why cant they build a good car, theyre charging a grip for their cars new but cant make them right!!
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
              ....there goes my dream car.....this shit sux...why cant they build a good car, theyre charging a grip for their cars new but cant make them right!!
              Thats becasue they dont give a shit and they can afford it. Its nothing but serious big baller hype. You see them in rap videos people sporting them even old people but they have the gwat to back it up. So they figure hell we engineered it why not hae em pay for it to you want this and that no bread= no soup for you ....plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                Thats becasue they dont give a shit and they can afford it. Its nothing but serious big baller hype. You see them in rap videos people sporting them even old people but they have the gwat to back it up. So they figure hell we engineered it why not hae em pay for it to you want this and that no bread= no soup for you ....plain and simple.
                guess so cause I aint got that kinda bread to be repairing no wak sauze german car!!
                1993 Accord LX - Sold
                93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

bimmers are bomb and very nice, but be prepared for maintence repairs, insurance rates, and expensive parts.
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                    bimmers are bomb and very nice, but be prepared for maintence repairs, insurance rates, and expensive parts.

trust me, i know

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                      trust me, i know
                      hey, how's your 740 holding up? I have the chance to get a 99 with about 80,000 for about 11 gs but I'm scared because of all the costly repairs.
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD

Comment

dont be ashamed....cb7 will always be in your heart tho.

Comment

my dads 325i has never had any serious problems, i think its just rich assholes that dont know how to do routine matinence on them, thats when they crap out so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerZZ
                            hey, how's your 740 holding up? I have the chance to get a 99 with about 80,000 for about 11 gs but I'm scared because of all the costly repairs.
                            damn, 7 series would drink gas....not that i should talk, since i might be getting an 8-series.
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

i was at a repair shop in town where i live and the owner was replacing the climate control on a pimp ass bimmer (i don't know what model). it was 400 bones for the little computer! that sounds kinda cheap actually compared to replacing the wiring under the dash for everything 5000gs man! the amounts of money thrown around on this guys kids toy. shit.
                              hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X