Accord Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Love

I know that the Off-Topic section is for everything but our CB7s, but since this topic will not fit in the other sections, I will go ahead and post it here. Please move the topic if need-be moderators. Thank you.

Ok. Let me start with my first love, the A20A3 1989 Accord LXi 4 door. I bought her the summer before my senior year in highschool. As far as she was concerned, I bought her simply to have a ride to school and nothing else. Incase you were wondering why I label my cars "her", it is quite simple. Treat your car like you would treat a lady. With dignity, care and respect. You do that, and she will take care of you. Simply put.

When I bought my A20A3, I had no desire whatsoever to make her into something greater than herself. Long story short, I started hanging out with the mini-truckin' crowd and thought that I could make my LXi into a shaved wonder. Holy shit was I wrong lmfao. To end this sad story, lets just say that I ended up killing my first love. I'll leave it at that.

Now comes the story of my current beauty. I looked and looked and looked at every Honda dealership in my local area. Damn, it was hard to find a car. But, good things come to those with patience. I was browsing the internet dealership sites one day when what did I come across? An Arcadia Green 1993 Accord EX Coupe 2 door (thats right, the F22A6 ) sitting right on my screen. I read the information on her as I always did with cars, and it looked like a decent deal. Little did I know that upon arriving at the dealership in question, that sweet little ride was on an extra special discount that was not posted on the website. As always, I pushed and pushed to get the price as low as possible. I ended walking away with this sweet little ride (which had 1 original owner and 83,587 original miles as of September 2004) for $6,366. Even though she had no warranty (as is), I talked the dealership into fixing her broken antenna mask assembly.

Fast forward to the present time.

Only recently (actually, around the time I signed up here at CB7tuner.com lol) have I had a desire to make my daily driver into something greater than herself. That story short, here I am.

Just today (read on, its stupid), I found out that the F22A6 has 140hp and 142ft.lb torque. This whole time, I thought that I was running the F22A1 (125hp and 137ft.lb torque). I thought to myself, "holy shit. 20 more hp and I'll be running with the Civic Si lol). Now, I never rough up my baby. In the almost 2 years I have had her, I might have pushed her into the red-limit 2 or 3 times. I baby the shit out my CB7 lol. Once I figured out that I was running the F22A6, I decided tonight to open her up and see what she could do. Holy shit is all I can say. For a bone stock 4 cyl. CB7, my baby could move! This brings me to typing this post.

I now realize that I have fallen in love with my '93 CB7. The only problem I have ever had with her was some leaky coolant (fixed with a new hose hehe). I have always treated her with respect, and in return, she has rewarded me with alot of good times (damn that sounds ***, but I swear it isn't. true CB7 fans will understand where I am coming from). I just realized tonight (right before I typed this) that I have fallen in love with my CB7. I am willing to work my ass off and spend every extra penny I have to making her greater than I ever thought she could be. It is almost as if I have a human bond with her (damn I'm sick lmfao). I clean her daily and I could care less what people think about her (to an extent of course) as she is my sweet cinderella.

I could type some more, but I'll leave my post at that. I am sure you can get the jist of my strong feelings for my car. She is a beautiful machine that I respect like a person. I can't wait to see what the many more years have in store for us. It is going to be one hell of a ride!

Whew, that was crazy. Just typing as I think. Thanks for listening! I hope that every last one of you feels the same way. If not, you are doing your CB7 an injustice!

Last edited by '93EX; 07-04-2006, 10:27 PM.

generic short-ram
    generic strut tower bar
    hid bulbs all around
    amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Me and my CB have rough sex on 56% of my 1-2 upshifts...she's cool with just chillin or painting the asphalt black and dancing through the streets, and she looks so good after a car wash and a full tank of gas. As much as I try to deny it and get clowned by people for driving a 13 year old car, and as much as I've denied and tried to get rid of her, honestly me and my baby are like THIS SON!!! *crosses fingers tightly* And she's all mine...there's nothing too distinct about what I've done but I have yet to see a CB done in my color like mine. And it's only gonna get better with time. I'm CB smitten.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Uh....Put a spoiler on FTW
      (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
      Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
      My (old) Ride

Comment

wheres that from bc i thought they were all 142 ft lbs

Comment

^ From Honda itself.

generic short-ram
          generic strut tower bar
          hid bulbs all around
          amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

I've said this many many times before on this board. I love my cb7 and I don't think I could ever part with her.

In September we will have been together for 7 years! Can you freakin believe that?
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

the a6 is not all its cracked up to be.
              When i had my EX it felt slow.
              Even the heavier CD5 EX we had felt faster.

But to quote Tito92E_X's sig: "140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!"
              LOL

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                the a6 is not all its cracked up to be.
                When i had my EX it felt slow.
                Even the heavier CD5 EX we had felt faster.

But to quote Tito92E_X's sig: "140hp Aint Shit on A Heavy Ass Car!"
                LOL
                www.Li3s.com

I ditched my system, and while my car is no rocket, when h22sparkle says "this car has some pep to it" it's gotta have some kind of pull. Was your A6 strapped to an automatic tranny perhaps???

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                  www.Li3s.com

I ditched my system, and while my car is no rocket, when h22sparkle says "this car has some pep to it" it's gotta have some kind of pull. Was your A6 strapped to an automatic tranny perhaps???
                  Nope 5spd.

Comment

That extra power is still a far cry from those lightweight Civic shitboxes with similar power...

Still, the CB7 is a little of everything. Sporty, luxurious, attractive... perhaps not to everyone (perhaps BMW has it beat on all 3 categories) but it's still a great car.

I've put so much into my car, and I plan on putting so much more into it. I don't expect to outrun modified V8s or high boost AWD imports... But I do expect to have a car that's a blast to drive on the street, and will turn some heads on the track! I wouldn't give my car up for the world.

Comment

eh, i have love for my cb7 but it slowly is dying.

not sure why but after driving other cars, wanting other newer cars (aka CL-s and IS300)
                      the cb7 is good for modifying because i can tear it apart and put it together really easily
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        eh, i have love for my cb7 but it slowly is dying.

not sure why but after driving other cars, wanting other newer cars (aka CL-s and IS300)
                        the cb7 is good for modifying because i can tear it apart and put it together really easily
                        The only time I couldn't put something back together on the CB was when my axle popped out of the socket...easy fix.

These cars are great for a beginner mechanic. I'm not scared to do anything on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          The only time I couldn't put something back together on the CB was when my axle popped out of the socket...easy fix.

These cars are great for a beginner mechanic. I'm not scared to do anything on my car.
                          werd, but after the ITB's thats it...

ill still keep the extra block in my garage to keep manufacturing them if there are any intrests.
                          because i want to get into metal fabrication as well as keep going on my civil engineering degree.

only thing holding me back is welding, got to get that shit going

so yea, itb's, this head swap, interior and thats it...
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

aahhh your in love with your honda....thats so cute......just make sure you wipe any drip drops near the gas door ........lol.........j/k......

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              werd, but after the ITB's thats it...

ill still keep the extra block in my garage to keep manufacturing them if there are any intrests.
                              because i want to get into metal fabrication as well as keep going on my civil engineering degree.

only thing holding me back is welding, got to get that shit going

so yea, itb's, this head swap, interior and thats it...
                              Dood...switch to mechanical...that's who all the ladies flock to

Comment

Working...
                              X