Lets see where this goes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see where this goes!

You know, after reading some of the posts and replies, I have begun to get really irritated by how some people, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!, put down others when they are excited about some things and have a question about something.

I know the whole deal about, "You need to search!", and blah, blah, blah. So I have a question for you! If certain questions are such a pain in the ass to answer because you've done it sooooo many times, why put your unappreciated two cents in? If someone is excited about something, why put them down? Does it make you feel like a big man or something or does hiding behind a keyboard put a backbone in for you?!

One more thing, if CB7tuner is turning into a place for "NOOBS" and the wrencheads don't like it, take a fucking walk, bitch!
    Last edited by 93EX; 07-13-2006, 04:29 PM.

you go girl!!! lol all true tho. some people it seems sit on this site all day waiting for "noobs" to ask "stupid" questions. then they flame them and tell them to search. and yea it can't be more of a pain in the ass reading the new post than it is bitching about how wrong and dumb it is. do the math, you spend probably 10-15 seconds reading the post. then you spend about 60 seconds thinking of what to say and then posting a bullshit wise-ass comment about how stupid the person is and how searching needs to be done. if it bothers you so much then ignore it.

Comment

I understand, but what I don't understand is when the members who have been here for a while leave dickhead remarks.

Comment

as long as you are happy where you are, there is not anything to worry about daddy.

Comment

by the way, I'm a guy and I am happy here, just not with some of the members, but I guess that's anywhere you go
          Last edited by 93EX; 07-13-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I find myself often times sitting in disbelief after reading an OP. If I don't have something constructive to say, I won't post unless I feel an absolute need, or th OP s being a complete asshat.

If you need to flame someone, go to H-T. it hasn't earned its name of hater-tech for nothing.
            members/ride | the/website
            180 hp/145 ft-lb

Comment

Originally posted by 93EX
              by the way, I'm a guy and I am happy here, just not with some of the members, but I guess that's anywhere you go
              I think he was being sarcastic

Comment

You know, after reading some of the posts and replies, I have begun to get really irritated by how some people, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!, put down others when they are excited about some things and have a question about something.

I know the whole deal about, "You need to search!", and blah, blah, blah. So I have a question for you! If certain questions are such a pain in the ass to answer because you've done it sooooo many times, why put your unappreciated two cents in? If someone is excited about something, why put them down? Does it make you feel like a big man or something or does hiding behind a keyboard put a backbone in for you?!

One more thing, if CB7tuner is turning into a place for "NOOBS" and the wrencheads don't like it, take a fucking walk, bitch!
                yeah, I agree. It takes just as long to respond correctly to a post then bash someone because they didn't spend time to search. It does seem like sometimes senior members bash for searching and noobness to "re-establish" their seniority. I always skip over those posts because most of the time there's nothing in them about the topic.

Comment

1) when someone is spoonfed ONCE, they expect to be spoonfed again, and then again, and the fact is inevitable: they must be told to search or they will eventually just get a respirator to forego the trouble of breathing on their own.......perpetuate laziness and it will grow like a fucking weed

2) people group "humorless" posts with "dickheaded" posts......if you're straight to the point and tell someone "the answer is here and you should search" then you're NOT being an ass or dickhead or whatever.....you're being honest......i've steered clear for a while now, and when i come back, i see about 2 threads a day about how to swap an h22a.......this fucking information has been here longer than about 6000 of these members so it's very reasonable to ask these people to do their own digging.....people are getting lazier and some of us think it's insane to coddle them and say "it's ok, i'll wipe your ass"

3) how much CASH have you sent to the past or current administrator's way? how much have YOU helped cb7tuner.com? how much pertinent info have YOU contributed to cb7tuner.com?

i mentioned this last year, but i'll do it again:

when it becomes ok to ask old questions over and over, then the board gets stale, gets redundant, and becomes an OT haven instead of a serious tech board......if people realize they're capable of doing shit on their own, they'll eventually come up with something of value to share with the community.....if they're given things, they're definitely NOT gonna do anything of note.....they'll redo what's been done and then we're all doomed....it becomes an endless cycle of the same shit and for those who've been here since 2003, it's annoying.......new shit gets us all excited.....not the same old shit over and over
                  ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    1) when someone is spoonfed ONCE, they expect to be spoonfed again, and then again, and the fact is inevitable: they must be told to search or they will eventually just get a respirator to forego the trouble of breathing on their own.......perpetuate laziness and it will grow like a fucking weed

2) people group "humorless" posts with "dickheaded" posts......if you're straight to the point and tell someone "the answer is here and you should search" then you're NOT being an ass or dickhead or whatever.....you're being honest......i've steered clear for a while now, and when i come back, i see about 2 threads a day about how to swap an h22a.......this fucking information has been here longer than about 6000 of these members so it's very reasonable to ask these people to do their own digging.....people are getting lazier and some of us think it's insane to coddle them and say "it's ok, i'll wipe your ass"

3) how much CASH have you sent to the past or current administrator's way? how much have YOU helped cb7tuner.com? how much pertinent info have YOU contributed to cb7tuner.com?

i mentioned this last year, but i'll do it again:

when it becomes ok to ask old questions over and over, then the board gets stale, gets redundant, and becomes an OT haven instead of a serious tech board......if people realize they're capable of doing shit on their own, they'll eventually come up with something of value to share with the community.....if they're given things, they're definitely NOT gonna do anything of note.....they'll redo what's been done and then we're all doomed....it becomes an endless cycle of the same shit and for those who've been here since 2003, it's annoying.......new shit gets us all excited.....not the same old shit over and over
                    A-fuckin'-plus post Ricky, as usual.

WAAAAAAHHHHHH

cha-ching

Comment

woah since this seems to be a thread to post your problems here goes

1. ppl who answer questions they have on idea about
                      2. hateful ppl in general
                      3. having to deal with bullshit just to find out how to fix a car i just bought and want to save money on by fixing myself

me personally i have no problems but i will say this
                      if you cant be nice to new ppl dont post everyone has n00b questions isnt that what the forum is for after all
                      Well since i dont have a pic of my REAL CAR this will have to do

Comment

People who give false information, or simply regurgitate something that they themselves don't even understand is my #1 problem.

New members are allowed to cut their teeth in the Beginner Forums. 30 legitimate non-OT posts is enough for many people to get their newbie questions out. And they're safe in there. If a regular member feels the need to ask a noob question, they have a place to safely do it. If someone asks a question that has a readily availible answer, proving that they didn't even TRY to search, they will... and should... get a somewhat rude reply. Ricky's (fizzbob7) comment about spoonfeeding is spot on.
                        If you notice, a number of the people you're referring to often leave some very helpful posts along with their rude comments. I've never seen those people simply say "search". Yes, I agree, they can be a little harsh here in the Off Topic forum on occasion... But when you need an answer, they're always right there with the info you need. Unless they don't know the answer... in which case they won't give you misleading guesses.

Comment

NOOB questions belong in the NOOB forums.

When you ask a question on the other forums and dont do your part as in research and whatnot, you will get flamed.

Just dont take it personal.

Take it as a kick in the butt, and just try harder next time.

Comment

Fizzbob said it best. Confusing common sense with being a dickhead happens all too often. There are questions that are asked one after the other that have the same answers. There's no excuse for this. You can't expect others to always fulfull your every damn need. However, there are others that actually do post "search" 24/7 and ARE dickheads. IMO, these search nazi's are just people who think they know everything and think they can order people (mostly newbies) around. They have assumed the position of know-it-alls and just contribute negatively to this board.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Something like "what motor can I put in my car?" in the normal section deserves a fair amount of heat. Excessive flaming will still result in banning, however. If you know where to draw the line, and even better, offer an answer along with your flamage, you'll be ok.

If you just say "search" you're a moron. If you search, find a relevant thread, post the link, and say something not-so-nice, then it's cool. I think it's fair to expect people to at least do a little of the work themselves... just as much as it is to expect people to be civil to one another.

Comment

Working...
                              X