future plans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

future plans...

I've been thinking for a while about getting another accord shell because I've got a bunch of dents and rust and other problems. I would swap over parts and could change some things at the same time. first I was thinking another ex (love my moon roof) but, at the moment (my ideas always change) Im thinking get a dx sedan for the weight (and also would be cheaper and help fund this plan), I want strip it down even more without changing the appearance and I still want a pretty much complete interior. then I will be swapping over most of my parts, including some new parts from japan while the engine is out it will get type s pistons, some cams (undecided), and some head work and better bolt ons. a euro-r or type r tranny with lsd would be nice too. so yea my new goal is a semi light weight but still comfortable, good looking car with at least 200whp. let me know what you think. also feel free to talk about your future plans in here.

also a couple questions. does the dx have a/c? I think I read it was an option somewhere. doesn't matter cause I don't plan on keeping it just curious. also does the dx come in black? I don't see why it wouldn't, but the more I think about it I don't really recall ever seeing any.
    HSHO #3

i believe the Dx does have A/C .. anyway.. it can be a Dx but it doesnt have to look like one hehe..

get the front and rear bumpers painted to match the color.. remove the Dx emblem.. hehe..
    removing weight with full interior hmm all i can think of is..
    remove sound deadening and tar
    a/c
    punch out the tire well if u dont have a system
    besides that im out of lost of cheap cost things..
    u could get a cf hood which would reduce some weight
    um.. fiberglass fenders if u wanted to go that far
    racing seats also. i hear are lighter than stock ones..

good luck man.. i know ur shit will be killer.

P.S u should think about getting those ITRs back.. man they looked hawt..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

what in the world are you having imported from japan now? lol.

sounds like a good plan though with the whole DX shell idea. any ideas as to what color you're thinkin of goin with? are you gonna repaint it or search for a particular good lookin' stock color?

Comment

prolly not much price difference in accord models...as far as most peeps see it...they note year & model...not really the trim for pricing....but it seems ur set on weight reduction anyways.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

there should be a price difference, even if only a few hundred dollars, and we all know a few hundred dollars can go a long way.

i like the idea, though i guess you might have to change your sn.

since we're supposed to kick around future plan ideas, mine are:
          1. get this paint fixed
          2. suspension, suspension, suspension (rear upper strut, maybe lower & sway bars).
          3. new speakers
          4. stainless steel brake lines
          5. graduate med school and get into residency to actually have some money to complete all of these ideas (may '05).

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

yes another dx person. i love my dx its great even tough it doesnt have power anthing. you wont be disapointed since its already lighter then the other models. also mine cam with ac
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Damn Jason! Moving on to your second CB7 already!
              Try looking for one from the Midwest or something... Anything from the coastal states is bound to have more rust. You could probably get one with a blown engine (or no engine) for cheap, and truck it out for $200-$300. Or get one with a working F in it, and swap that back into your old one. Then you could sell that off as a running car and make some money back.

As for my plans:

1) Suspension. I plan on dripping it like 1.75" this summer.
              2) 9005 headlight conversion... whenever I can get my hands on some Silverstars!
              3) Chipped P28
              4) Forbidden short shifter (especially now after trying out Jay's)
              5) Stainless steel brake lines are also a possibility for me...
              throwin the idea around. Stopping on the track was kinda scary!
              6) Get some bronze Rota Subzeros (16")
              7) Graduate college (finally) and either get a job or start my own business... Either way, I'll be making a minimum of 3 times what I make now!

There are a bunch of little things thrown in there. Mot of them are stupid little mods that I'll jsut do on a whim. There is no type of schedule regarding those!

I hope to have my car pretty much completed by 2008. By then, it'll only be little things I'll have to do to it. I'll be done all my major upgrades (interior, paint, turbo). I'm in no hurry!

Comment

Ahhhh, future plans. For this summer, I plan on:

1.) Get my car re-sprayed
                2.) Fit 92-93 Amber turn signals in my front bumper
                3.) Amber corners
                4.) Black mesh grill in front bumper
                5.) Obtain another front upper grill and paint it black
                6.) Black out headlights
                7.) 94-95 Greddy front lip

As for my "soon-to-be" plans:

1.) Powerslot rotors
                2.) Goodridge stainless steel brake lines
                3.) EBC green stuff brake pads
                4.) Cusco front strut bar
                5.) Suspension Techniques rear sway bar
                6.) DC Sports rear strut bar

Of course a H22 swap is in my plans but that wont happen for another year or two. All the things I posted should be done in the next year. Never ending project I tell ya.
                "I'm out for presidents to represent me"

Comment

hmm

1. get a job
                  2. get rust welded
                  3. do some of the body mods (mild shaving)
                  4. repaint the entire thing
                  5. drop
                  6. rota slipstreams

everything else is little stuff that can come in between, like silverstars, yada yada.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Im kinda getting a second cb7 too, my girl is sick of her hyundi elantra and want a fast low insurance car, so shes gona get a DX 5spd 4dr with a good body and swap a h22in it, and ill be driving it instead of my automatic, hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X