You guys wave to fellow Accord owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys wave to fellow Accord owners?

Just curious if you see a fellow cb7 or 5th gen owner if you wave or give a meep or anything?
    Well around here, all the cb7's are on 19 bling bling rims, got the altezzas and the pep boy exhaust, so most of them don't notice mine, or just plan dont like the look since its not pimpin..
    But when i see them i give the "gun shot" yo hand or the meep if i need to get there attention lol
    Most of them don't do anything back, but you get the ocasional wave or meep back..
    yep, whenever i see one
    13.04%
    Nope, we're not united owners
    32.61%
    yes and no, depends if the guy looks like a prick
    43.48%
    other?
    10.87%

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

i glare at them... the stare down... heheh

Comment

im always too busy staring at the car, seeing whats been done to it, to even notice whos in it.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

it all depends i do look at them and if its a old person or some 1 that just drive the car and don't care wat kind of car they got i don't but if its some 1 that has it hooked up or some wat a little stuff done 2 get my eye i just stare at them.

Comment

like cpmike said, i check out their cbSEV and see what they've done to it....

i don't usually look at the driver and wave though... UNLESS they wave or flash their high beams at me or something....

but i don't usually initiate the greetings though.

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
            im always too busy staring at the car, seeing whats been done to it, to even notice whos in it.
            thats what im always doin...i like to see what is done to the car without acting like im in love with it

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

We have some Gen4's running around here.... Sad to say, some of them are high school kids who think they're the sh*t and start to "eyeball" my ryde out... I just nod my head in an upward motion (as in "wassup") and move along my merry way... Other peeps I meet up are very cool (older folks) who do actual work on their Gen4s... We sometimes meet up at a Starbucks location and talk shop while customers look at the cars in amazement...

L8z-
              Jay
              "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

I'm usually going 80+ mph on the highway (since it's where all my mileage comes from) in the left lane, too fast to notice sh*t, weaving in & out only when I get bored or someone wants to play....but any tricked out car grabs my attention & if you're good enough I might slow down.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by Mauiboy056
                  We sometimes meet up at a Starbucks location and talk shop while customers look at the cars in amazement...

L8z-
                  Jay
                  lol thats how it was when we had our meeting in MD at the checkers just bout every car that went by looked in amazement it was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 92Jr
                    lol thats how it was when we had our meeting in MD at the checkers just bout every car that went by looked in amazement it was funny.
                    except for that *** in the corvette... what a dildo.

Comment

Originally posted by Black92accord
                      except for that *** in the corvette... what a dildo.
                      o i know he was a dick

Comment

lol... i was thinking about this thread while driving down the road today... and i saw a stock version of my accord.... EVERYTHING the same as mine when mine was stock... white coupe w/ 5 spoke alloys, sunroof, spoiler... i've seen few stock versions that are exactly as mine was. well... i was looking at the driver... hoping that it was someone who was younger or would at least understand cb7 tuning (and i could give the nod or something to), but it was an older guy in his late 70's probably... lol.

but surprisingly, he was staring at my accord as i passed him on the main road...

on another related note: further down the road, a modified 5th gen. accord was driving in the other lane towards me - and he stuck his hand out the window and pointed to acknowledge me... which i didn't expect... so, i went to stick my hand out the window also... but smacked it against the glass, because the window was rolled up (b/c the weatherstripping is bad and the window always sticks down... so i keep it up now). lol... he probably thought i was a prick or something for not waving back.

i seriously didn't expect it though. not a lot of fellow honda owners will initiate a greeting towards me, but lately the Accord owners have been especially.

Comment

I usually give a respectful rev at a nicely modded car, regardless of what it is. If the driver makes some motion to acknowledge it, I'll wave.

I don't usually wave at other CB7 drivers, since there are TONS of em in my area. Half of the people driving them probably couldn't tell you if it's a DX, LX, or EX unless they looked...

My mom is marrying the owner of a Chrysler dealership, and she gets a brand new PT Cruiser every 5000 miles. She loves that car, and waves at other PT Cruiser drivers. They used to wave back, but not so much anymore. (I keep telling her to get the 5 speed turbo model!)

Comment

all the cb7's in my area dont know much about what they have and if you asked them what a cb7 was they would glare at you ina confused state, a kid im my town used to have the tealish color cb7 92-93 ..BAAHH but he sold out for a f'ing INTEGRA!!! ohwell its stilla honda

Comment

I see them so often, that I don't make the effort to wave at them all. Most are stock, but if I see one, I do check it out and see if it's modded at all.
                              RIP:
                              1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                              1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                              Currently daily:
                              1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

Working...
                              X