Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best choice? A full part out,or selling the cb7 as a whole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best choice? A full part out,or selling the cb7 as a whole?

Before everyones like AHHHH traitor hypocrite etc...its not that im moving on..im jus moving on from my car...jus so much shit happened to it...cracked windshield..various cosmetic blemishes..its a clean car but has its problems you kno? and when sparkle did my swap he cut the ac lines..so theres no ac...no power steering(which i dont need and have gotten used to)..so selling this car as a whole probably wouldnt sell unless it was to a member on the board...i kno i can get about 1-2 g's out of the h22,5 speed swap parts,and the various random parts people ask for..but i dunno within a year i want to be in a nice clean 5 speed cb7 with ac...or end up leasing a lexus or TL..financially as an incoming college student im not sure which is the wisest choice...im really at a point where i want to have a nice..luxurious..but afordable ride..something classy ya kno..i love the cb7..and id probably keep it as a project car..matter fact i kno if i get rid of ine somehow id find a shell of some sort and just do some crazy shit to the motor..i was never one for looks..thus me spending loot on a 5 spd and h22 swap and other things..but my cb7 is starting to piss me off..with the failing window regulators..rust starting to come through..various blemishes...so what would you do in my position?

sigh any helps appreciated yalll

o and im basically figuring out which is the best way to make money for another cb7 or for another car..mind you i really want to purchase a clean 5 speed cb7 in the near future..but idk the best way to make the money with my current car

Comment

I say worth with your cb7. In the end its worth it after you get all the little gremlins out. Stack your chips then go all out in gettin it fixed yourself get down and take the time to go over shit when your not doing anything. Like the window regulators remember its a 91 shit goes sometimes yaknow. Its how you go about bouncing back after that. As for the blemeshies stack ya chips on that and bring that bitch into the body shop and get that all buffed out painted whatever and keep it.

You wont get that much money out of it sure but atleast you can say hey i have a reliable cb7 i know what it can do lemme leave it alone and have fun with it . And im least likely to get in trouble with it and insurance is cheaper allowing me to save my dough and it gets me back and forth with no problems. I cut the a/c you didnt need it in the first place and the powersteering . You have to go all out on this one bring the car back to me and ill get you into racing spec N/A style just for one day youll see.

Comment

I say part it out and start over...CBs are dumb cheap and you can find a decent one pretty quickly in our area.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thats because you get annoyed because yall dont deal with it right away and another problems gets in the way and yall just sit and expect for it to go away and it doesnt it stares you right back in the face. And besides you get another cb then that one has some hidden problems or problems jsut pop up after you drive what you gonna do then dump that one and get another one. Just fix it and get it over with lol really.

Comment

If you wanted to sell it as a whole, put a PS pump on it and fix the windshield, and any other little thing i guess. Just have to make it appeal to the right people. Hell, Id probably buy it if I was closer. Good luck man.

Comment

any car 10+ years old will have issues.

if you sell your car and buy a clean one, itll have the same problems youre dealing with now.

i see my cb7 as a great opportunity... its reliable enough that i dont need to throw hundreds of dollars at just repairing stuff that breaks, its cheap enough that i can afford to work on it, its simple enough that things are easy to fix, but complicated enough that its a good opportunity to learn how to work on a car.

ive never worked on cars before owning a cb7. all of the "flaws" youre talking about are opportunities to learn... learn bodywork, engine work, etc etc etc.

do you know how to replace a window regulator? no? me neither. but yours is broken, and you have an opportunity to learn how to fix something for cheap, and itll give you experience that will come in handy for the rest of your life. dings and dents? learn how to fix them, learn how to paint the car.

thats just how i see it. being old, little things always pop up, and its a neverending project... but ive learned SO much about working on cars just from owning this old worthless POS honda, and i love the car that much more for it. you get to a point where youre comfortable doing anything, even things youve never done before... not many people would feel comfortable cutting sections out of the side of their car, but i do. because its going to teach me how to fix it.

i love my car and everything about it... you should do the same

btw: all of the "so fresh and clean" cb7s you see on this site arent. you can thank cameras for that. pick the cleanest one on here, look at it in person, and youll find plenty of dings, scrapes, scratches, marks.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

^ Amen to that. i like learning, its just that engine work and wireing bug me. body work is awesome though, and simple diys are fun to learn too. dhn from my understanding you have a pretty good base for a car, its just needing a little tlc to push it back on the road to happiness. haha. keep at er man. id almost kill to have an h22 and a 5 speed in and working right now.

Comment

cpmike has the best point in the thread..its not like..i wanna give up on cb7's..its just idk if itd be worth it to dump moiney into repairs etc..but i have learned alot with it...

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    any car 10+ years old will have issues.

if you sell your car and buy a clean one, itll have the same problems youre dealing with now.

i see my cb7 as a great opportunity... its reliable enough that i dont need to throw hundreds of dollars at just repairing stuff that breaks, its cheap enough that i can afford to work on it, its simple enough that things are easy to fix, but complicated enough that its a good opportunity to learn how to work on a car.

ive never worked on cars before owning a cb7. all of the "flaws" youre talking about are opportunities to learn... learn bodywork, engine work, etc etc etc.

do you know how to replace a window regulator? no? me neither. but yours is broken, and you have an opportunity to learn how to fix something for cheap, and itll give you experience that will come in handy for the rest of your life. dings and dents? learn how to fix them, learn how to paint the car.

thats just how i see it. being old, little things always pop up, and its a neverending project... but ive learned SO much about working on cars just from owning this old worthless POS honda, and i love the car that much more for it. you get to a point where youre comfortable doing anything, even things youve never done before... not many people would feel comfortable cutting sections out of the side of their car, but i do. because its going to teach me how to fix it.

i love my car and everything about it... you should do the same

btw: all of the "so fresh and clean" cb7s you see on this site arent. you can thank cameras for that. pick the cleanest one on here, look at it in person, and youll find plenty of dings, scrapes, scratches, marks.
                    mike exactly the same shit i was trying to explain to these guys. Im telling them experience in the learner we both been there so we dont have a problem . But they are still learning yaknow so theres only so much we can do if anything show them how to fuck with it. If they only knew that the cb7 may not be the best but they do get the job done and you take care of it and itll take care of you plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      Nah Mike, my old frostwhite one was mint.
                      Only had a little ding on the passenger front door oh and the paint on the rear lower bumper wasnt the best

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                        Before everyones like AHHHH traitor hypocrite etc...its not that im moving on..im jus moving on from my car...jus so much shit happened to it...cracked windshield..various cosmetic blemishes..its a clean car but has its problems you kno? and when sparkle did my swap he cut the ac lines..so theres no ac...no power steering(which i dont need and have gotten used to)..so selling this car as a whole probably wouldnt sell unless it was to a member on the board...i kno i can get about 1-2 g's out of the h22,5 speed swap parts,and the various random parts people ask for..but i dunno within a year i want to be in a nice clean 5 speed cb7 with ac...or end up leasing a lexus or TL..financially as an incoming college student im not sure which is the wisest choice...im really at a point where i want to have a nice..luxurious..but afordable ride..something classy ya kno..i love the cb7..and id probably keep it as a project car..matter fact i kno if i get rid of ine somehow id find a shell of some sort and just do some crazy shit to the motor..i was never one for looks..thus me spending loot on a 5 spd and h22 swap and other things..but my cb7 is starting to piss me off..with the failing window regulators..rust starting to come through..various blemishes...so what would you do in my position?

sigh any helps appreciated yalll
                        il trade you this ..................
                        ice cold air, still 90% stock.
                        Attached Files

Comment

i feel the SAME way you do man

i wanted to get rid of my cb and get an a4 before winter, i need a bumper,hood,fenders,door locks need work, header,downpipe,camber kit,struts etc etc etc for my cb....but with school i think my car will handle another 20K just fine, so IM going to wait until im working full time again

but try to stay away form more mods and un-needed things

and save up for maintence shit, then next spring-summer part it out and get something else
                          believe me i feel EXCATLY how you feel, soak up the experience of your car and just take advantage of what you have, be patient enough to where you wont regret things too much

but all cars suck anyways lol

thanks to phempa for teh sig!

Comment

yeh man.,.i love my cb7..but i was drivin my boys home from brooklyn today in his bmw..330 something series...05..a new car feels so smooth...feels so great driving..windows rolled all the way down without pausing..and went back in..PERFECTLY...had ice cold ac,,decent hp..idk..i feel like my h22 is stronger than alot of cars ive driven,..not saying faster really..but i have the potential to be a fucking beast..and thats what makes me keep this thing...ima save up for a paint job...go junkyarding for window regulators..and a 92/93 front bumper..
                            Last edited by DhN; 07-28-2006, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                              ... its just idk if itd be worth it to dump moiney into repairs etc ...
                              That's a valid concern. It's easy to lose sight of long term costs if just sticking to one car. Sometimes (eventually, at some point actually) it makes better financial sense to punt and start on another one. But only you will know if it's worth keeping what you have or not.

For example I'm constantly on the fence about mine. Highish miles but everything is whole and works ... for now. But at some point expensive shit is going to break (ABS is huge $$ for the '91 model) or wear out, and then there's my impending rust. If I keep it and fix/update it all, I'll never get that $$ back.

Easily a few thousand to spend coming up if I keep it long term. I could get $1500 easy right now, walk away and "be ahead" in one sense. I just bought a nice CD5 for $3500 --- not cheap, but I could spend that much on my CB7 and not have a car that's as sound. I know it. But my CB7 is "the devil I know" which helps explain my choice.

For a modded car, ya gotta part it out if you can, to get anything from it. The "upgrades" actually devalue the car to everyone else, pretty much.

But [cp]mike's post is the relevant discussion to consider --- keeping any of them gains you experience you can't put a price on, and you'll end up with a nice car anyway.
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Working...
                              X