H22 bored and stroked to 2.7 liter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 bored and stroked to 2.7 liter

Hope this isn't a repost but.....http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...0f016b414c.htm
    Anyone have any more info on this car? Would be interesting to see some dyno sheets.
    Here's their site with some more clips, http://www.pocketrocketsracing.com/videoclips.html

No that actually a H27.That a car built by Pocketrocketsracing.com. 92 mm bore x 100 mm stroke Block uses Custom Darton ductile iron sleeves done by ERL Performance and further modified by us, for this unique application. Thanks to Jeff and Sean and Crew@ ERL 12.8:1 static compression Importpowerhouse/RMF Custom 4 into 1 header with 2 1/4" collector TWM 52mm modified Independent Throttle bodies with full enclosed custom PRR airbox, IAC, CAI, K&N air filter, TWM FPR. 525cc @ 43.5 psi Delphi injectors running at 52 psi fuel pressure External Peterson fluid systems oil pump, wet sump, run from in behind the OEM Honda crank Damper, inline oil filter. Crane/Ferrea 272 degree @ 0.050" lift roller camshafts Crower adjustable cam gears Crower 100mm custom billet crankshaft ....Thanks Brian and crew @ Crower's. Crower Endurance pro-billet steel rods Rod/Stroke ratio is 1.58 : 1 Wiseco custom 92mm pistons and rings, lateral gas porting...Thanks Brian and crew@ WIseco. Ferrea roller rocker arms, valves, springs and titanium retainers Custom P13 cylinder head with all Porting/headwork done here inhouse Full 3 inch Thermal Research and Development stainless exhaust system with muffler, rear exit. Denso IK24 spark plugs with magnecor wires AEM Engine management System using OEM distributor Aluminum flywheel.
    Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
    Project 240SX
    Originally posted by chillin943
    anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
    Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

wait, did he just hit vtec and spin them or punch them and spin them...thats some mad vtec y0
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yep.. its bad... not positive if its a repost on here or not..

SOLD!

Comment

I've read about that somewhere...not on this site though. That's pretty badass if you ask me...sigh, if only it were possible to make a f27...lol.
        Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Why is it not possible to make an F27? It could be done... just, who in their right mind would put that money into an F22 (*cough* Cisco *cough*)

2point6 has his name for a reason... he was once running a 2.6L H22 built by R&D I believe. He had two of them. He blew them both up. He has since come to firmly believe that 2.44L is the safest maximum displacement for an H22 (he takes long-term reliability into consideration as well).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Why is it not possible to make an F27? It could be done... just, who in their right mind would put that money into an F22 (*cough* Cisco *cough*)

2point6 has his name for a reason... he was once running a 2.6L H22 built by R&D I believe. He had two of them. He blew them both up. He has since come to firmly believe that 2.44L is the safest maximum displacement for an H22 (he takes long-term reliability into consideration as well).

right now on h-t were discussing the h24 using the f23 crank... some dude wants to do it but can't find rods to match.... so anyway.... h24= f22/h23 crank with oversided pistons

SOLD!

Comment

I had wondered about that myself... I know 2poin6 uses a modified F22 crank in his setup...

I still want to get the most possible displacement out of a K24 with a K20 head. Imagine K28 with a free flowing worked Type R head

Comment

wow, his windshield wipers went up after he hit vtec.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

VTEC shouldn't hit hard. That's just a sales gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                    right now on h-t were discussing the h24 using the f23 crank... some dude wants to do it but can't find rods to match.... so anyway.... h24= f22/h23 crank with oversided pistons

The F22/H23 cranks have a shorter stroke than the F23 I do believe.

Also, while the prospect of a stroked K24 is cool, running a stock one to 7500 is really pushing the bearings. If you stroked it more, the effective safe redline would come down considerably.

Regretably, this is due to the fact that the rod bearings chosen are significantly smaller than an H series. I don't know if anyone reads SCC still, but awhile back they made a 10K K24 and they had to use a machined crank that replaced K bearings with H bearings so that it wouldn't spin the bearings. Not easy work.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                      whos the dude?

Comment

Wow my pee pee got hard watching that lol.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Looks like an EG.
                          To-Do List for Today
                          Be Awesome

Comment

Blah...while cool, IMO for N/A a complete resleeving+bore+stroke is beyond the point of diminishing returns. Perhaps if all OEM parts or no resleeving is necessary, then yeah. But to basically gut and recreate a motor to your own specs kind of defeats the purpose. It's not really an "H22" in any sense of the word anymore...

Then again I guess throwing high comp slugs in a motor would be outside of my philosophy as well...but I dunno...I just can't see how completely gutting a block to basically the casing and putting it back together with all custom parts is much of an accomplishment outside of the financial aspect.

That said though I think it did break traction entering VTEC, which is cool...but like the Deevermeister said, not at all necessary. I wonder if with a smooth crossover the audible difference is still there.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

y r u such an h series hater?^

Comment

Working...
                              X