Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone work for T-Mobile? gotta question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone work for T-Mobile? gotta question...

a friend of mine works for them... i called him today but he was sleeping, so i havent had a chance to ask him. basically, i signed a contract with them to test out a phone i like, since if i dont, i can always cancel the service within 30days with no charge.

bottomline, i like the phone, but the service sucks in my area. since i paid for the phone, eventhough it was discounted because of the contract... is there a way i can keep the phone, since technically i did buy it, but cancel the service since its well within the 30days? im sure its not something you would do... but is there any way rules could be bent if you have an inside hookup?

in the end i want to unlock the phone and use it with cingular.

Contact Rebels I think he works for tmobile.

Comment

It depends on the location you purchased it from. You can technically keep the phone, yes.. but there normally is a secondary agreement that states if you cancel your service within the first four months, they'll charge you a $250 fee.

This is just a security option so people don't join for a few weeks, then cancel for the promotional phone price. More than likely you'll have to pay a fee if you cancel, not an early termination fee, but the fee from T-Mobile's dealer secondary agreement.

Which phone do you have?
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Pretty much you can only keep the phone if you paid full price for it. IF you keep it and cancel it, they will charge you for it.

Just like adam said.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

thats what i figured. i definetly wont be paying full price for it... i can get it on ebay for alot cheaper and unlock it myself. the phone i want is the samsung t809. i checked out the samsung 807 through cingular, but it sucks. supposedly the same phone, but it has a shitty screen and doesnt have the stereo speakers that the 809 has.

anyone got a deal on one? i dont care if its locked or not, gonna take care of that myself.

for you lazy folks, here is what it looks like...

and actually, there isnt a fee if i cancel right now. ive only had the service for 2days. i can cancel within 30days without penalty... but i still want the phone, just not bad enough to pay $300 for it. i can get a newish one locally on craigslist for $120-150.
          Last edited by DrLove'sKuDang; 08-13-2006, 06:50 PM.

Comment

T809 is a very good phone. I used to have it before I got the newer ones I have right now, but it was a very awesome phone.

The MP3 player on it sounds really good for being on a phone.

But as I stated above, I am almost positive the company your boy works for has a secondard agreement that will charge you a $250ish fine if you cancel your service within the first 4 months. Most people think they can do a seasonal / temporary suspenion on the account (no charges) and get away with it, but you'll still get hit with the fee.

Your best bet is to either 1) pay full price, 2) keep your service on, or 3) find the phone elsewhere for cheaper.

Comment

BTW, how much did you pay for the phone?

Comment

Originally posted by rebels
                BTW, how much did you pay for the phone?
                with the contract and after a $50 rebate, it was FREE!!!!

i wish i could keep the service, but the only thing that bothers me is that the service in my neighborhood sucks. i get 1bar at most... a few times ive even lost the network completely.

i probably wont be able to keep the phone. but i know for a fact that if i cancel within 30days, im not charged anything. im gonna give the phone back tomorrow... and itll be like nothing ever happened.

btw, do you still have your t809? if so, wanna sell it?

Comment

Nah, I don't have it anymore. I basically used my login code at work to return it as credit towards my new phone.

Comment

Working...
                  X