Playstation 2 softmodding....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 2 softmodding....

Hey guys.. I was looking for some info about softmodding the PS2. I thought someone on here had the Swap Magic cd for it but I searched and found nothing..

Anyway, has anyone on here modded thier PS2? I dont want to get a modchip for it, I rather softmod it. Ive heard of Swap Magic & the use of some "slide tool" or some other thing... YouTube has people showing how to use it but I wanted to know if anyone on here has it.... any info is appreciated.. thanks.
    Last edited by Coco; 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM.
    My Members Ride page!

putting the chip in is a very reliable, easy way to mod it... if you do end up wanting one, i know how to put them in, and im sure mauri could figure it out, its easy...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I have swap magic its not bad at all and its quite reliable it comes with 2 cd's a blue and white one and an all white one.
      modmonster.com I recommend that you get the swapmagic3.6 plus the slide card it does wonders. But you still have to pay i think just to download the games it goes on megabits

Comment

True... Im not sure which route I want to go with in terms as modding... but If I go the modchip way, this enables me to play imported games/burnt games right? There are games that I want but are only available in Japan.. so they wont play in US PS2s.
        My Members Ride page!

Comment

So this being said if you use the magic swap, can you play imported games as well?

Comment

Working...
          X