New phone, the chocolate. review 4.5 out of 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New phone, the chocolate. review 4.5 out of 5

Just got a the lg chocolate phone from verizon. First off it looks very good, both on the outside and software wise. The menus are flash based, supposedly a relatively new thing and it looks pretty cool. I read some reviews on people complaining about the touch pad, I think its very well done compared to some touch pad mp3 players ive used, Its very easy to get used to and you can zip through the various phone features in no time at all. (plus you can change the sensitivity on the touch pad if you have a lead finger, heh much like my foot ). I got the music pack with a 1 gig micro sd card (regular sd cards look like there from the 70's compared to the micro card, its about 1/6th the size).
    The only thing I had a problem with was "syncing" the music to the phone. I had windows media player 11 beta on my pc and it wouldnt allow the vcast music software to install because it would try to install it with media player 10 and since I had a newer version it wouldnt install. So I tried just installing the drivers for usb to phone adapter,( one plug on the phone to charge, exchange files, and hook up headphones), the drivers for the cord/phone (Not sure if there was phone drivers) came together in one very crappy installer, so you couldnt manually install the drivers. To put a long story short windows ended up installing generic drivers screwing up everything. I think most of it was my fault no biggie you can fix it if you know how to play around with the driver files. I just ended up doing a fresh install on another pc and everything worked peachy until i tried to put music onto the micro sd card while it was in the phone, I got overheating errors :/. I could access the regular phone memory fine though. I went out and bought a SD card reader and everything is gooooood.

4.5 out 5 I think its sweet even though i had to purchase the additional card reader, -.5 for the music problems. Overall if you dont want a razr because its everyone has one get one of these, its $50 if you renew/signup for a family plan, at least it was for me.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

everyone will have one soon dont worry. I heard that phone sucks because keylock is on time delay.. ***
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Its like a auto-hold function, and it only locks when its closed(if you were listening to music). You just need to press the music button on the side twice to unlock it, the voice command button, or just slide out the keypad. Its no different if you had to flip open your flip phone.
      ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

I got this phone on wednesday to replace my old school samsung flip phone. So far I like it, at first the touch pad drove me nuts but I got used to it and I like it now. I got the bluetooth headset and the music transfer kit and am gonna go get the biggest microsd card they have (2gb I think...). How much did your microsd card cost you myk? I despise ipods but like the phone's looks and features ironically lol. The key lockout thing isn't bad at all really....
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
          I am gonna go get the biggest microsd card they have (2gb I think...). How much did your microsd card cost you myk? ....
          wich may be a waste. idk about that phone but all the others ones ive used cant read the2gb or only recognizes 1gb of it

Comment

I think I spent $50 on a 1 gig microSD card it was part of the music package for 90, they had a music package for 130 with a 30 dollar mail-in rebate with the 2 gig card. This was at a verizon store, maybe they have the same deal in your area? It should read the 2 gig card if they sell it with a music package for the phone.

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

Originally posted by myk
              Just got a the lg chocolate phone from verizon. First off it looks very good, both on the outside and software wise. The menus are flash based, supposedly a relatively new thing and it looks pretty cool. I read some reviews on people complaining about the touch pad, I think its very well done compared to some touch pad mp3 players ive used, Its very easy to get used to and you can zip through the various phone features in no time at all. (plus you can change the sensitivity on the touch pad if you have a lead finger, heh much like my foot ). I got the music pack with a 1 gig micro sd card (regular sd cards look like there from the 70's compared to the micro card, its about 1/6th the size).
              The only thing I had a problem with was "syncing" the music to the phone. I had windows media player 11 beta on my pc and it wouldnt allow the vcast music software to install because it would try to install it with media player 10 and since I had a newer version it wouldnt install. So I tried just installing the drivers for usb to phone adapter,( one plug on the phone to charge, exchange files, and hook up headphones), the drivers for the cord/phone (Not sure if there was phone drivers) came together in one very crappy installer, so you couldnt manually install the drivers. To put a long story short windows ended up installing generic drivers screwing up everything. I think most of it was my fault no biggie you can fix it if you know how to play around with the driver files. I just ended up doing a fresh install on another pc and everything worked peachy until i tried to put music onto the micro sd card while it was in the phone, I got overheating errors :/. I could access the regular phone memory fine though. I went out and bought a SD card reader and everything is gooooood.

4.5 out 5 I think its sweet even though i had to purchase the additional card reader, -.5 for the music problems. Overall if you dont want a razr because its everyone has one get one of these, its $50 if you renew/signup for a family plan, at least it was for me.

yes its a cool phone, but your getting ass raped. Verizon for the fucking lose. My family is very, very unhappy with their shitty service

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
              Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
              NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

cingular + slvr = FTW

I don't have the SLVR now, but I'll probably have it in a few months
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                  cingular + slvr = FTW

i have an unlocked L6 (identical to the SLVR, but no MP3 playback) and I freaking love it. My service is with T-Mobile. Great plans and prices

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

the only thing i like about the chocolate would be the slide and the size. maybe cuz i'm more exposed to the grey market cell phone market where all the cell phones are imported from other countries and not avaliable to the us markets. currently i am using a nokia n80 and i like the feature it has but not the size. i think the chocolate would just be another mainstream phone (which i don't like cuz i value originality) just like the razr which seems like everyone and everyone's mom seems to have

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                      cingular + slvr = FTW

In the 4th quarter of this year Sprint is rolling out with the SLVR and RAZR. I'll be switching to them from nextel (owned by sprint) and getting that.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                        yes its a cool phone, but your getting ass raped. Verizon for the fucking lose. My family is very, very unhappy with their shitty service
                        Hm, very opposite situations as my family loves Verizon's service. It may be that we're in the DFW metroplex which offers very good service all over. I bought the chocolate on sunday and I love it! I plan to snatch a 1gb card off ebay for $20 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by d2privat11
                          Hm, very opposite situations as my family loves Verizon's service. It may be that we're in the DFW metroplex which offers very good service all over. I bought the chocolate on sunday and I love it! I plan to snatch a 1gb card off ebay for $20 or so.

i suppose it all has to do with experience, they re-newed our contract without our permission and wouldnt let us off without paying 200 dollars per phone, four phones, do the math, my parents were fuckin pissed.

i love ym slvr!

Comment

i work for verizon and i have yet to hear of any big defect with the chocalate. all the major phones: vx8300, razr, the Q, and every smartphone have had problems when they first came up. none with the choclatethere is also a software upgrade in the works that will allow the chocolate to have speaker phone. i just bought it for my brother and he loves it.. i myself am waiting for the upgrade to the vx9800 (the V) the 9900.. slim as the razr but still has a flip open QWERTY keypad..

Comment

Just flashed my chocolate last night with version4. Speakerphone is great, battery usage seems much reduced too as far as playing music and games. The phone also seems to take pictures faster now.
                              Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
                              Project 240SX
                              Originally posted by chillin943
                              anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
                              Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Working...
                              X