Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started doing some work on my car...

**UPDATED PICS PG. 2**

Well the time has come that I get my ass moving on all the work that I need to do before winter...

So basically I started cutting out the passenger side quarter panel rust, put a replacement peice in there, and bondo'd it. Tomorrow i will spray undercoating behing the usual rust spot and inside the trunk area, then sand the bondo, glaze it, then sand that, then prime it. I have a lot more work to do to the body of the car including removing all of the dents and imperfections, sanding the entire thing down, and then repainting it (and yes i plan on wetsanding and buffing the WHOLE thing, it's going to be beautiful) and also repairing the rust on the drivers side quarter.

Here's some pics I took today because...I know everyone loves pictures, and these are really the only ones of my car on this site. As you can see the car is in my backyard being worked on.

In my backyard

All the shit I'm using including my shitty welder...

This is how I've been riding around for the past few days...minus the bondo.

My new oem spoiler with led, gotta sand it down and repaint it. Also my drivers side patch panel which i got at shop discount for $25.

And lastly, where I do all my work when it rains, notice peices of my trunk interior scattered along the wall.

That's it for now, I have the oem wing, new sportlines to put on, and on the way are Tokico Illuminas, and red/clear tails. They're already ordered and in the mail so I'll have a decent looking car once I get all this done, just need some rims, I want either black with polished lip, maybe the "mesh" type, or bronze, probably the black ones tho.
    Last edited by Bongo; 11-22-2006, 11:22 PM.

AHhh yes .. winter is such an incentive .. Nice pics, great plans and good work!
    You have a trampoline !!!!!

Keep Up the Good Stuff !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

ah no winter prep for florida cars

Comment

Originally posted by 93EXaesthetic
        ah no winter prep for florida cars
        Nope ..

But he's got a nice big empty garage .. dressed right, and uhh, you could work all day.
        Prolly work up a nice sweat doin all that sanding and coating .. lol

Meanwhile I Worry about Hurricanes !!!
        Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

luckly rust isn't a problem on my car, I just have to sand the whole thing down and repaint though XD
          Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo
            luckly rust isn't a problem on my car, I just have to sand the whole thing down and repaint though XD
            Hopefully it won't be a problem when I'm done with it. I made the inside so it slants down sorta and then I'm gunna put a shitload of undercoat on it so hopefully the water will just run off of it....probably won't happen that way because seems a little too good to be true but hey it will last me at least a few years. I was thinking, and i think i might put a fresh coat of undercoat in all my wheel wells while i have my suspension out. I'm pretty excited to get this all done, I'll be all set for winter....or at least until something goes wrong.

Comment

I worked on my car for about 2 hours today. The more I work on the bodypanels, the more I am finding that there has been a lot of very, very bad bodywork done in the past. Basically the entire rear passenger quarter panel is bondo because there were dents all over it and instead of fixing the dents properly, whoever did the work just loaded it up with bondo(as so it seems most other shops do these days) I swear, from the cars I've worked on that have had previous bodywork...we're the only shop that actually welds in new metal to fix rust and bangs out dents instead of filling them up.

So anyways, I have been spending most of this time working on re-doing bodywork from the past but the right side quarter is almost done then onto the left side.

Also, I beleive that I have fixed the infamous trunk leak. I followed the water back to where the window is sealed in and there is a crack in the sealing so i cleaned it all out, scuffed it, then put new seam sealer on it. I will find out later tonight if it actually worked when it rains.

Anyways, I'll get some more pics up as I make a little more progression.

Comment

25 bucks? thats nice

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                  25 bucks? thats nice
                  yea, lol. The benefits of working at a bodyshop lol. It is very helpful considering that if not for the shop discount they would be about 50-60 each lol.

Comment

Nice plan. BTW what color are you going with? sounds like you know what you're doing, so Good Luck.
                    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                    My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                      Nice plan. BTW what color are you going with? sounds like you know what you're doing, so Good Luck.
                      The same color as it is, I love it. I'm sanding it all down though and putting fresh paint on. Then going with the red/black look. Unless I decide to get bronze rims but I'm pretty certain I will be getting black ones.

Comment

So I've been slacking on the bodywork on my car because i've got a lot of other stuff goin on at the time but i should get goin on that pretty soon. The right side is pretty much done and primed and still have the left. I did start my suspension (eibach sportlines and tokico illuminas) I only have the front on now because while trying to take off the back ones the bolts broke so I'm waiting on parts from Honda to get all that set. I must say though, I am very impressed with the way the front handles and feels. I have the illuminas set at the stiffest setting and still feels amazing. Also on the list of things to get done before winter, I am getting new axles, driveshafts, whatever you wanna call them. Mine are getting pretty bad so I'll be getting them within the next two weeks them they're goin on. Well anyways, just bored so i figured I'd update. Later.

Comment

in for pics
                          Members Ride

Comment

Nice. It looks almost exactly like my car. I'm always excited when I see people getting their red coupes restored because it gives me ideas on what looks good.

Are those eBay blackhoused bumper lights?

BTW, I think bronze rims look good on that color car. I've been running some bronze 17s and they really make the car look better.
                            - Ghosty
                            WTB: MAP sensor (2+bar), IAT sensor, ECU & dizzy harness plugs... PM me!
                            FS: coupe window rain guards, f22a6 intake & ex mani, cams, PT6 ECU, valve cover, dizzy caps, OEM fogs... PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostyman
                              Nice. It looks almost exactly like my car. I'm always excited when I see people getting their red coupes restored because it gives me ideas on what looks good.

Are those eBay blackhoused bumper lights?

BTW, I think bronze rims look good on that color car. I've been running some bronze 17s and they really make the car look better.
                              Yea they're ebay bumper lights. I got them for I think $15. Do you have any pics of your car with the bronze rims?

Comment

Working...
                              X