for you street racers . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for you street racers . . .

My buddy had a corvette convertible with some mods on it (just as quick as a Z06 stock) and was going probably 100+ on an off road that is rather smooth. He jumped some tracks and came back down. Saw the tracks, look as if he was breaking pretty hard, but it seemed as if he had it under control. and then it looked like as if a tie-rod snapped or something and made the car stear right and he rolled it a few times. The car is totaled and he has been in the hospital since the accident (on thurs). I haven't gotten to see the car cuz its on lock cuz I guess he could die. I've heard it looks horrible and luckly he had his seatbelt on cuz the top was down. He woulda died on impact and thrown out if he didn't. I'll try and get some pics if I can.

For you street racers : I don't understand it, save all that shit for the track, thats what they are there for. Look at my buddy, he has a possibility to die, a $50,000+ car gone and if he lives, he will never be the same again.

Is it all worth that?

R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

HOPE YOUR BOY PULLS THROUGH OK.

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
    If God is for Me
    Who Dares be aganist Me!
    BX Crew
    HSHO # 6
    Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

hope your buddy makes it man that sucks.

street racing is one of the stupidest things you can possibly do. not only do you put your life at risk, but you put the lives of everybody else on or near that road at risk as well.
      Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

leave the thread to wishin his boy luck...dont turn this into a fucking debate.my sympathy goes out you man.
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I AGREE. EVERBODY HAS AN OPINION ABOUT STREET RACING, BUT I THINK THIS IS NOT THE POST FOR OPINIONS. LETS JUST HOPE HIS BOY PULLS THROUGH OK.

LEAVE NO DOUBT!
          If God is for Me
          Who Dares be aganist Me!
          BX Crew
          HSHO # 6
          Lexotic Concepts 019

Comment

it just dissapoints me that someone would rather preach against street racing than worry about a friend. maybe you just dont want to see it happen to someone else, idk. but in any case i still hope you buddy comes out ok.
            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

shat happens.

^sold

Comment

Sounds like that Volvo commercial. Why was he on an "off road" section anyway?

Hope he get's better.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
                Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
                Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
                Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

I know it was my boys fault, he was one of those crazy drivers. We've told him a million of times. My boy know hows to drive (he has a 7 second malibu) but he just did stupid stuff like that. We knew something like this would happen if he kept it up. What could we do though?

Plus fizzbob (not ripping on you) you can be the best driver in the world, but you can always make one little mistake, going 45 or going 100 and that one little mistake can cost you your life or someone elses. I know people have there own opinion on stuff, but I just don't want more and more people to end up like this.

I actually got to see the car today. it was pretty messed up, the entire passengers side was ripped to shreads and the windshield smashed and bent in, hood was bent in too and the tires on the passegers side were at a 45 degree angle.

Found out too, he will make it, but I dunno how bad he is.

thanks all!

R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    like it or not, you have a better chance of dying because granny hit you
                    exactly...... whether you race or not, you never know when something is gona go wrong... you might have control over what you do, but you dont over what other people do, or the forces of nature...
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                      exactly...... whether you race or not, you never know when something is gona go wrong... you might have control over what you do, but you dont over what other people do, or the forces of nature...

well spoken phatdoughnut. I agree with you 100%

I know what you mean fizzbob. You need the fundamentals for stuff. I've played sports all my life so i know where you are coming from. I hope this will teach my boy that he doesn't need the speed on the road since he already has a 7 sec malibu for the strip.

Last edited by 92cord; 04-12-2004, 08:26 PM.

Comment

i blame poorly manufactured domestics
                        1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
                          thats a good one right thur....
                          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
                            Thats all you can blame? I blame the driver...its stupidty man.
                            I feel for the kids friend and all but you know..its the drivers fault.
                            A Cars like a computer, it only does what you tell it or in this case treat it the way you do.
                            Poorly manufactured domestics isn't the issue here.

My friend hit a telephone pole 2 months ago and almost died..we made a joke about it but after I saw the car and I saw him. All he had was a limp because he banged his knee on the steering wheel the car itself was a total loss. It was a real nice Gran Prix

He wanted his Mustang so bad but after his parents saw his car that was a def no no. 100% of the time accidents occur its because of the driver or operator of the vehicle..as fizzbob stated not the car JUST THE DRIVER.

I feel bad one of our members friends is in the hospital fighting for his life but I hope this opens up everyones eyes....Dont street race Illegally do it Legally.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                              100% of the time accidents occur its because of the driver or operator of the vehicle..
                              100%

Comment

Working...
                              X