Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

database errors...

cb7tuners,

obviously many of you have probably noticed that over the past couple of days, the site has been flickering on and off. i was very pissed and confused as to why we have still been experiencing these problems (even after the version upgrade), so i contacted the vbulletin support team (the guys who created and know everything about the software that runs this forum).

a few weeks ago, most of the database errors were forums-related. i was running an old version of vbulletin with a lot of bugs in it. however, i have since upgraded to the newest version. these guys told me, that, according to my error message... these recent database erros are server related. this basically means that the problems i've been having with my forums have been being caused by my web host (not something related to the forums version). so, i contacted my web hosting company and asked them what the deal was. they informed me that they had a bug in their system over the last few days, and it's been shutting down the software that helps the forums run. they told me last night, however, that they installed many filters and have been closely monitoring their systems for any re-entries of the bug.

i just wanted to let you guys know that these very recent database errors have not been occuring because of something i have done, or because of a bad version/copy of the forum software, however, it's because of a problem with my web host.

hopefully they have resolved this problem for good, and these forums can continue to grow again.

i just wanted to let everyone know that i hate these errors as much as everyone else does. especially when i come home and see my inbox flooded with these errors that get sent to my e-mail address everytime someone tries to enter the forums.

i will continue to do all that i can to prevent these errors, and repair them. sometimes it may take me a while (especially if the error occurs while i'm at work or college), but i will always get them fixed ASAP. i will also continue to make day to day backups of the forums, so that if anything real problematic ever occurs... i will always have everything backed up.

don't ever get the impression that cb7tuner.com is a non-reliable website/forum. these errors shouldn't occur like this anymore (unless something goes wrong w/ my host again... which shouldn't happen often), but if they do occur - please simply be paitient and bear with me while i try my absolute best to fix them quicker than the h22a reaches redline in 1st gear

- Steve

lolz..u know how many times in an hour i re-logged on and it was down...lol i bet half those emails are from mine hahaha.

thanks for keeping up on the forum though mang. takes alot of work. ill see ya
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks for keeping us updated bro, i appreciate it!

i didn't realize you received an e-mail every time i tried to log on unsuccessfully. i bet quite a few are from me too. sorry.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        i didn't realize you received an e-mail every time i tried to log on unsuccessfully. i bet quite a few are from me too. sorry.
        it's ok man, i'd rather you keep trying to log back on... then to forget about cb7 just because i have to take a few seconds to delete some messages in my inbox.

Comment

I understand thats it's not your fault. Just keep up the good work!

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Working...
          X