• Show
Clear All

airless tires

this may be a repost but i found it crazy so i had to post it

http://www.wheelchairanglingandhamra...elin_tires.htm

Old Ride-New Ride

Time to start problems for the cops I see
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Yup... about 2-3 years old. There are a few more pics out there, and a video somewhere.

I think they said in the video that they might be around in 10 years. So like 5-7 years until you might see them on a daily basis. If they ever catch on.

Comment

damn those are bad ass!!!!!!

i guess they never made it to the big time..or caught on... if its 2-3 years old...

haha..spike strips????...im the juggernaut biiiitch!!!!

Comment

i hope they dont catch on...there very interesting but there ugly IMO, they should use that concept but make it look like a normal tire

also...they wont go flat obviosly but it looks like theyed brake/rip evetually

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

They dont look like they would last too long. Looks almost like the car in motion is floating through the air with rubber floating around the brakes and magically holding the chasis up. LOL. UGLY IMO. This would be very interesting to see on like a H2. Probably couldnt suppor all that weight though. Later

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              i hope they dont catch on...there very interesting but there ugly IMO, they should use that concept but make it look like a normal tire

also...they wont go flat obviosly but it looks like theyed brake/rip evetually
              My idea was that they would have sidewalls and that those pictures were just showing what the inside looks like instead of air.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I'd eat a baby for free. I'm hungry, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                They dont look like they would last too long. Looks almost like the car in motion is floating through the air with rubber floating around the brakes and magically holding the chasis up. LOL. UGLY IMO. This would be very interesting to see on like a H2. Probably couldnt suppor all that weight though. Later
                Id be it could, since the h2 has a bigger rim/tire, there would be more spokes inside the tire, and more strength to support the weight.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  Id be it could, since the h2 has a bigger rim/tire, there would be more spokes inside the tire, and more strength to support the weight.
                  True but I just cant see that much rubber being strong enough to hold up a H2 and not hurt its off road capabilities. With an added sidewall I would think would add to the stability of the tire and would make it look normal. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                    True but I just cant see that much rubber being strong enough to hold up a H2 and not hurt its off road capabilities. With an added sidewall I would think would add to the stability of the tire and would make it look normal. Later
                    compressed air can do it, I dont see why steel belted reinforced rubber wouldnt be able to. of course, the rubber would have to be very stiff to make it work, which would in turn make it brittle, and I can imagine a tire like that being VERY heavy, but still I think it would work.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                      compressed air can do it, I dont see why steel belted reinforced rubber wouldnt be able to. of course, the rubber would have to be very stiff to make it work, which would in turn make it brittle, and I can imagine a tire like that being VERY heavy, but still I think it would work.
                      Yeah I'm not saying that I dont think it could work. Because I think it could I would just be, like you said, "VERY heavy." Later

Comment

wtf. You arent TypeG.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

cool.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

if they dont have a sidewall, whats to stop someone from cutting or slicing the rubber spokes and leaving you with a "flat"?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

seen it a while ago

finally i can put 22's in my integra

Comment

Working...
                              X