need help unlocking cellphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help unlocking cellphone

i just got a nokia 6102i and want to unlock it from cingulars network and use it with t-mobiles network since i have a t-mobile prepaid phone. any help would be appreciated thnx.
    10th anniversary crew #1

As far as I know... prepaid cell phones have an embedded chip... not a normal SIM Card. I'm pretty sure, though i can't say for certain. If that is true, you will NOT be able to use the Cingular on T-Mobile, unless you move to a normal contract, in which case you could just get a new phone anyway.
    If you do have just a normal SIM in each phone, you will have to flash it with a MONSTER PACK or Flex that is unbranded. Search around Google for nokia flash flex and things like that. Wish I could help more but all I've ever done are Moto Flashes.
    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

both phones have a sim card in them.
      10th anniversary crew #1

Comment

im sure there is a local phone store that can unlock it for you. i had mine unlocked for $35. doesnt do you much good though since the store is in CA... and youre not.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          im sure there is a local phone store that can unlock it for you. i had mine unlocked for $35. doesnt do you much good though since the store is in CA... and youre not.
          wowzers, they go for 10-15 around here...got ripped.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            wowzers, they go for 10-15 around here...got ripped.
            according to the place i went to, prices vary depending on the phone, dont know why. i had the tmo t809.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
              according to the place i went to, prices vary depending on the phone, dont know why. i had the tmo t809.

yup.. they charge higher with the newer/hi-tech phones..

i've successfully unlocked 4 nokia's with this calculator..
              http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

Comment

Working...
              X