Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody trying to scam me... I want opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody trying to scam me... I want opinions...

I put up a craiglist ad for some winter tires that I have:
    Originally posted by cragislist ad
    I have a (only used 1 month) set of Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50, mounted and balanced on a set of steel wheels. Paid over $150 for each tire, plus the cost of the wheels, mounting and balancing. I have no more use for them, becuase the vehicle they were on, was traded in when the engine went. Now the replacement vehicle has a different size wheel, and these will no longer work.

Please send me an email @ Customlowz@gmail.com
    Within an hour I got this email:

Hello seller,
    I am Toyosi,I saw your advert while surfing via the internet and am willing and interested to buy it.get back to me via my email if it is still available for sale.Are you the owner???State its condition.send its recent pictures if available.What is your last offer???I will like to inform you that the payment will be in money order, if you are ok with these arrangemnent, never mind to get back to me I look forward to read from you soonest.
    Best regards,
    Toyosi
    So I responded him with this (sounded fishy from the beginning)

Originally posted by ME
    I am the owner, They are in perfect condition. (less than 1000 miles on them). I dont have any pictures of them at the moment, but they are mounted on black steel wheels. I have had a few people interested in them, so the first one with $400 will get them. I will take a bank/postal check, but WILL NOT ship them.
    Then he responds me with this:
    Originally posted by DumbFuck
    Hello,
    Good to hear from you.Don't bother about the shipping ,I will handle
    that myself.I'm definitely ok with theprice .But you will have to do me
    a favor.I'm currently not in the state, i'm in DUBLIN,UK on a business
    trips.My Client will send you a Money order of $3000, then you cash the
    payment from the cashing outlet or your bank and you remove your $300 for the(4) New Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 Tires 215/65R15-).The remaining amount will be send to my shipper who will come for the pick up at your location by Next week.I hope you are ok with these arrangement.Also, you remove $100 for your running around and any expenses you make, like the charges from the cashing outlet and the charges to wire the balance through western union to my shipper.Let me know if you are ok with
    these arrangement so that the payment will be send to your location as
    soon as possible.Hope to hear from you with your full details such as
    your full name,addres and tel.number so that the payment can be send to you soon.
    Cheers
    How should I mess with him???

dont..stick to the local people..even if hes legit..that shits mad complicated lol

Comment

tell him to send the 3000 and keep it. then send him an email telling him he got pwnd.

give him a fake address to pick them up at. and never use that email again. lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
        dont..stick to the local people..even if hes legit..that shits mad complicated lol
        I was thinking of getting his FAKE check, and giving it to the police.

Comment

its one of 2 things ...

scam

or

money laundering

if its a scam then you can take the fake check to the police and screw with him ...
          if its money laundering you risk suffer multible bones being broken and possible death at the hands of the russian mafia...

hmmm i wouldnt even bother with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
            tell him to send the 3000 and keep it. then send him an email telling him he got pwnd.

give him a fake address to pick them up at. and never use that email again. lol.
            Its gonna be a fake money order, but i can get his return addy, so that might help...

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
              its one of 2 things ...

scam

or

money laundering

if its a scam then you can take the fake check to the police and screw with him ...
              if its money laundering you risk suffer multible bones being broken and possible death at the hands of the russian mafia...

hmmm i wouldnt even bother with it lol
              not worried about russian mafia (im russian)

Comment

unless he gives you fake info...you never know with this...sounds shady as hell...

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                  unless he gives you fake info...you never know with this...sounds shady as hell...
                  i know its shady... He needs to give me SOME KIND of real info, because Im supposed to send him the balance, so he needs some real info to get it...

Comment

ask for his phone number..and talk to him bout it lol

Comment

yeah i keep getting these emails from supposed dead relatives in other countries leaving me millions of dollars but i have to send x,xxx amount to such and such to pay for filling and locating services ...

I did not know i had rich family in 7 different countries and they all died within a 2 day period ... wow! lol

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                        ask for his phone number..and talk to him bout it lol
                        Thats a possibility

Comment

Blizzak dawg! fo sho... hahaha... sorry...

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                            Blizzak dawg! fo sho... hahaha... sorry...
                            Cant beat the best!

Comment

DONT DO IT MATT!!!

Unless you talk to him personally and get/verify his personal info..its a setup. A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to him. THey sent him a m.o. for like 2K for 500 worth of parts, and they wanted him to send the rest back. Its a way for them to launder $$ and "make change" so to speak. When my friend got the m.o.s they were shady so he took them to the 5-0 and they verified they were fake. Luckily for him he didnt get into trouble. I dunno what ever came of the person, but its a setup man. Stay local or stick to what you know.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X