My thoughts on working for UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on working for UPS

Ive been thinking about leaving UPS as a fulltimer and stay as a part-timer. We go through alot of shit with managements plans to excavate their sales. Me as far as im concerned am not a quiter. BUt imma stop driving for them and work on the inside. Ive been going outside with the truck with 130-130 stops a day sure thats bread but I also work on saturdays sundays are for me but thats not even a day.

I need time to my own life I have a life yaknow. I like to work on cars come to the cb7 site even chill with my peeps. But this shit is seriously getting in the way. So imma go back and work on the inside of the building work my 4 and still get paid my 8 hours and let it marinate and look for a actual fulltime driving truck job because i have my credentials as far as to drive with my cd-l class b permit ive earned it not really looking to do the trailers and such. I want a driving job where i dont have to huslte packages like touching them handing it off to a customer I rather drive pull up to the dock let em load it onto the truck bring it there and let them take their own merchandise off.

Thats my rant for the day

i used to hump boxes in a warehouse. i kinda miss the workout of lifting all the time. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      i used to hump boxes in a warehouse. i kinda miss the workout of lifting all the time. later.
      At my job we lift all the time and the customers be ordering boxes that even superman would scream oh shit thats kryptonite!

Comment

god this dudes' car is clean. lmao@humping boxes. lol

anyway. i have been thinking about working for UPS. whats the pay like?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          i have been thinking about working for UPS. whats the pay like?
          some drivers make up to $70k per year. and according to OutKast, they won't hire you if you have cloudy piss. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

some drivers make up to $70k per year. and according to OutKast, they won't hire you if you have cloudy piss. later.

lmao. i think i might start working for them. seeing as tho i just lost my job last week anyway. UPS.com here i come. lol.

what do you think mike?

Comment

lol

Lifting? Join a gym dude......I love going to the gym. Way more beneficial than just a lower back workout.
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

yeah thats some cloudy piss if thats the case half the drivers would get fired . Most of them do drugs of somesort others do the weed to. But i dont do any of that shit. Thers no piss test out here only when you go through the dot certification thats once a year you have to keep track of whens your next visit kinda like an early warning. But its not random see the loop-hole here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  lmao. i think i might start working for them. seeing as tho i just lost my job last week anyway. UPS.com here i come. lol.

what do you think mike?
                  work on the inside for the benefits its a stressful job i say if you wanna just drive and not really have that much trouble as for just pulling up to the bay and deliver sign it off next location. WIth UPS your running around with boxes youd be lucky enough if you get a handtruck sheeting up shit. No life decent money too tired to spend it no time with your girl or family. Id do the part time there just for the benefits and fuck with something else driving so that i can have my cake and eat it too.

Comment

yea, after high school am plannin to work with either UPS or Fedex, i hope i get hired tho hahah

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                      yea, after high school am plannin to work with either UPS or Fedex, i hope i get hired tho hahah
                      Whys that

Comment

i heard alot of the ups drivers have alot of stress.
                        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
                          i heard alot of the ups drivers have alot of stress.
                          why you think i made this rant for lol

Comment

I work at UPS, Loading trucks.

I worked my ass off yesterday did 1900 packages. at 484 an HR.

my mussles hurt.

blah It's nice parttime. and they give me 1,500 at the end of nov for the school thing

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              I work at UPS, Loading trucks.

I worked my ass off yesterday did 1900 packages. at 484 an HR.

my mussles hurt.

blah It's nice parttime. and they give me 1,500 at the end of nov for the school thing
                              you see thats your mistake right htere maple you run your ass off they will do nothing but work you more you gotta take it slow and milk the clock. Thats what i do and they give me less work to do but i stay later anyway and get paid the full 8 hours man life is grand. and i dont even load the boxes i take them and find out what the damages are to what belongs in it and try to repair it and send it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X