Join or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join or no?

I been thinking about joining the airforce...first off I think it's kinda late since i'm already 21. I start college next week, i'm only takin a couple classes but shit. I got a job, and i'm in college so I dunno if i should drop that for the airforce.

Is it good bad or what? I'm just sick of doing the same shit everyday, working a boring job, knowing the same people.

If anyone knows someone in the airforce or has been in it. What kinda pay do you get, how bad is BMT. Is the graphic communcations field any good?

I wanna be stationed in florida cause i got a buddy there, but the trade I was considering is in Maryland, and thats too cold for me. I was also thinkin it's a bad time to sign up. cause bootcamp in the winter would suck.

I know the final decision is obviously up to me, I was just curious if anyone had personal experience.

the air force basic is the easiest and the air force pt is the easiest because they have a different mission then other branches of the military. i went to basic for the army in SC in january and it sucked as it was really cold that year, but it was better than sweating like crazy in the summer. you could look into the guard, as there is an air national guard as well as an army national guard. it could help pay for school or help you make more money while in school. i dont know about their enlistment bonuses, but i know a couple years ago and even now the guard was offering 10-20k bonuses. also, if you joined the guard of some sort and decided that you still wanted more, you could then decide to go active duty whereas if you go active duty, you cant decide 6 months later that you want to go guard. the reserves are there too, but i dont know much about them. i dont know how much this helps, but basic is easy. do what youre supposed to, dont do stupid shit, and youll be fine. always remember that they treat you the way they do because thats their job, dont take it personal.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

As an ex-flyboy. I am telling you straight out...

NO!!
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everyone has their own opinions and such, but when it comes right down to it, it all depends on your attitude. I was born into, and grew up with the Air Force. My dad's been in for 20+ years now as an enlisted man. But getting back to the point, Air Force is a structured environment, just like any other branch. Don't have any mis-conceptions that you won't get yelled at because you are in the Air Force. The PT tests of the Air Force are the easiest of all the major branches. Like stated before, the Air Force mission is totally different from all the other major branches. We fly and fight in air, space and cyberspace. Now if you want to be a true bad ass but still be in the Air Force, be a PJ. PJ is like a parachute combat medic. Training includes demolition, medical (obviously), as well as weapons and advanced tactics and fighting. The wash out rate for PJ school is around 80%, roughly that of the navy seals and the army's delta force schools. They are bad asses though.

So my opinion, as seems to differ so much from so many others, is that the Air Force is an excellent place to go. You'll get discipline and the Air Force takes care of it's people better than any of the other services. I of course am talking about housing and taking care of ones family.
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

I will add this. If you or anyone are going to join any branch, at least wait till we have Commander in Chief with a brain.
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

dude i did 4 yrs active army.. and now am in the reserve

depends on your intrests.. do you want to kill stuff... work on satellites... depends on what you are getting out of it...

i would say go air force.. but i dont regret joining the army at all!!

Comment

nevermind, can't even join. got a $400 ticket, and i'm in collections

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
                nevermind, can't even join. got a $400 ticket, and i'm in collections

Never heard of that. I had a few tickets when I joined and they never said anything.
                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord

Never heard of that. I had a few tickets when I joined and they never said anything.
                  How long ago was that? I dunno I talked to the guy today I was gonna sign up. I told him I had a ticket and only had 400 left to pay on it, and that my license was suspended. He said we can't go any further til you pay that off. He also asked if i was in collections, i said no but I actually am.

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
                    I was also thinkin it's a bad time to sign up. cause bootcamp in the winter would suck.
                    Oh, you poor thing.

It doesn't sound like you'd fit in *any* fighting force. You DO realize it's for real, and not a video game?

Know what would really suck too?
                    Getting shot down over Afganistan in the winter, and slowly freezing to death, because you didn't know how to stay alive.
                    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
                    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
                    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                      Oh, you poor thing.

It doesn't sound like you'd fit in *any* fighting force. You DO realize it's for real, and not a video game?

Getting shot down over Afganistan in the winter, and slowly freezing to death, because you didn't know how to stay alive.

omg i just laughed so hard.
                      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
                        Oh, you poor thing.

youre from canadia what do you know about war?

im in army iet right now, just finished basic and im home for 2 weeks then ait. yea ut was cold but for like 4 days we didnt train bc it was too cold. i thought it was a joke but i guess not. i think its all a joke its sooooo easy any one can do it. and they do. we skipped so much training and the training we got, when questioned on it we answered it wrong bc we were tought one thing but out cpt didnt like that so we were supposed toi read his mind and know the way he was taught i guess...... pretty important and easy shit to like a 9line medivac

Comment

dude yall quit bieng pussies.. boot camp in the winter aint shit...

Comment

Working...
                          X