yamaha R1 too much for a beginner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yamaha R1 too much for a beginner?

im going to be getting an R1 soon and its going to be my first bike, i just wanted to know if anyone here has rode a liter bike their first time? because i really dont want to spend money on a 600 then more money on a 1000cc

your sig is huge.

and the r1 is too much for a beginner. later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

a liter bike is to much for a n00b.
      H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

yea its too much biek for a beginner its basically a race bike id go for somthing a bit smaller first

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

o damn this sucks then, has anybody here rode a liter bike their first time? (how do i make my sig smaller?) thanx

Comment

The R1 is a MONSTER. Even super experienced riders can't ride those bikes to their full potential.

Really, stepping up from a 600 to a 1000 is better than crashing a 1000 and getting seriously injured. Plus which, 600's are monsters too. IMO you're best bet is to start with dirt bikes. You can learn how to crash cause you WILL crash. And of course its better to crash on dirt than on the road. Once you get the feel for riding, and once your sure you really want to go through with it, then step up to something in good used condition, like a mid 90's Ducati 900 or even a newer Suzuki SV600/650. You can learn a lot from them.

Getting an R1 for a first bike would be like getting a Ferrari F50 for your first car. Yeah you can do it, but its not a good idea. Also If you crash an F50, you're losing money. If you crash an R1, you very well could lose your life.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Go with a 100cc / 125cc / 250cc dirt bike for your first bike. If you REALLY need to do road commuting, then get something like a 400cc dual purpose bike and learn to ride on the dirt before taking it out on the street.

Comment

thanx thats some good info, ive rode a 250 a few times and a 450 raptor? do those count?

Comment

a friend of mine has an r1 and when he's on the highway @ 80mph, he can grab a handful of throttle and it will pick up the front. later.
                  Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

yea, an R1 would be a bit much IMO. I'd see if you could get a used 600 that way you wont feel as bad when you drop it....

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

yea thats a good idea, ill start lookin for some old 600s, haha damn thats crazy at 80

Comment

For a sport bike, 600 is still a pretty powerful bike. Find yourself a nice cheap 250 Start on that (if you can't do the dirtbike thing as mentioned above) and gradually work your way up. I have friends that have sold their bikes simply because they were too dangerous... they were smart enough to realize that if they kept the bikes, they would kill themselves.

I personally don't like the sport bikes. I'd take a nice cruiser any day. (Honda Valkyrie Rune is my dream bike )

Comment

Try to get a naked bike as your first bike. An R1 as your first bike just means major injuries.
                          RICE COOKA!!

Comment

theres some pretty cheap old 600s ive found, so i guess ill start off on one of those, ive rode a 250 before a few times, the clutch and dowshifting was tricky at first but then got the hang of it, i dont think ill be opening the throttle too much for a couple years if i do get one lol want it mostly because the looks

Comment

Originally posted by 92DX
                              Try to get a naked bike as your first bike. An R1 as your first bike just means major injuries.
                              And a dent in your wallet if you survive. My friend has an R1 1000CC like others says he can grab a handful of throttle and that thing will pick its front end up. Quick as hell too.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X