how much would you charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much would you charge?

my best friends brother has a saturn that he is building N/A.he already has the head fully built on the stock block but now he has a spare block that he want6s to put forged rods/pistons in so he can rev the shit out of.He doesnt really have time to put the block together so he offered me to put it together for him.He said shoot me a price but i have no idea.I would think somewhere around 100 bux what do you guys think?

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

one million dollars

Comment

Micrometers, bore gauges, dial gauges, bolt stretch gauges, checking the deck heights, ring gaps, bearing clearances.....$100? Are you nuts?

Done right, blocks are a LOT of work.
      2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
      Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
      1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

well considering that machine work has already been done, bore gauging is not required.also he has arp studs, so no reason to check for bolt stretch.Basicly all i have to do is check piston do wall, plastigauge bearings, and crank endplay.

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

200 lol. Whatever you think its worth man.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

100 bucks and a case of beer if you're a drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
              well considering that machine work has already been done, bore gauging is not required.also he has arp studs, so no reason to check for bolt stretch.Basicly all i have to do is check piston do wall, plastigauge bearings, and crank endplay.

ILBB
              Piston to wall is done with a bore gauge.
              Bolt stretch is for rods.

If you're the last wrench on that bottom end, you have to check EVERYTHING.
              Twice.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

bleh everybody at work checks piston to wall w/ feeler gauges and like i said he's using new forged rods/pistons

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

150+beer and/or food

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                  X