Cb7???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7???????

Ok , this may seem like a stupid question to most of you, but im kinda new to all of this ,so why is the 4th generation accords here called cb7?,is that like another name for them that everyone else knows with the exception of me????,Or thats just what there called here, hope its the 2nd one ,lol.

CB is the generation code. 7 is the chassi designation for the sedan model.
    breaks down as follows (from what i can remember w/o searching)
    CB1-JDM COUPE
    CB3-JDM SEDAN
    CB4-JDM SEDAN W/4WS
    CB5-USDM COUPE
    CB7-USDM SEDAN
    CB9-USDM WAGON

i think the 2's, 6's. and 8's are the EDM versions. Not sure though.

Comment

Yea i c , but then why was the site named after the sedan models????,i know that the coupe versions are talked about here 2, jus very curious

Comment

Sedans are more common than coupes or wagons, perhaps?
        Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
        2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Yea true , i guess u got a point,well my question is anwsered anyways,a mod may delete this thread if they want as i see no more use 4 it,lol.

Comment

this is what happens when we remove stickies.

old "what's cb7 stand for? thread

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7deathride
              CB is the generation code. 7 is the chassi designation for the sedan model.
              breaks down as follows (from what i can remember w/o searching)
              CB1-JDM COUPE
              CB3-JDM SEDAN
              CB4-JDM SEDAN W/4WS
              CB5-USDM COUPE
              CB7-USDM SEDAN
              CB9-USDM WAGON

i think the 2's, 6's. and 8's are the EDM versions. Not sure though.
              I got a coupe and on my VIN it's 1HGCB7XXXXXX.... So is CB7 just USDM Accords in general and I just got a CB5?

Comment

cb5 is not usdm coupe. us sedans and coupes are both cb7, hence the name of the site. Yes, wagons have a different chassis code, but of course they are welcome here too.
                HSHO #3

Comment

Man, I thought no one would miss that sticky!

Yeah, CB7 is the coupe/sedan, CB9 is the wagon. All others are EDM and JDM models. I'm not sure exactly how it works with those, but that really doesn't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Man, I thought no one would miss that sticky!
                    I had no idea what a CB7 was, and I'd been driving them for over 5 years! Thanks to the 'whats a cb7' sticky, I know. I found it to be a valuable and informative portion of the site. Having the sticky in question reinstated has my full support.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

The only thing is that we have SO MANY stickies!

Comment

Then there should be a Sticky Only category we can click to. Just a thought.

Comment

Well guys , thanx 4 all ur info on the "cb7", im glad to of found out what it was,lol,and sorry i was late to see the sticky of it,lol.

Comment

yeah... i was looking for that sticky too... who took it down?
                            kiokin.com

Comment

Working...
                            X