ATTN: Everyone who parted-out their car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTN: Everyone who parted-out their car

I was wonder about how much money did people make on parting out their cb7's. Im thinking of buying another one and parting out the one I currently have. I don't have anything too special on my car (click my signature), but almost everything that I do have is in good shape. Shoot out ball-park figures of how much money you guys made. Thanks.

i would only part it if you can store it somewhere for a long time. i'm sure you already know this but part-outs aren't something that you can do in less than a week. if i were in your position, i would just sell the car as a whole. if it were a 5 speed, you could get a good amount for the 5 speed swap but i remember reading one of your posts saying that its auto.

Comment

Part outs take forever. I'd take out the stereo and sawblades, sell it as is and get a 5spd.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The big-ticket items are the 5 speed parts, motor and trans (if in good shape, lower miles bring more money), disc brakes, interior, headlights, fogs, and pretty much any aftermarket stuff.

From your profile, if you sell everything, your aftermarket stuff is decent. Your interior is probably the least desired of all, so that won't be popular. I can't tell if you have rear discs or a 5 speed transmission, so if you don't, those are two pretty big things that people would want.

Honestly, you pretty much know your car's entire history. Why do you want to get rid of it?

Comment

The only other timely solution to parting it out, would be to strip it, warehouse the parts, and then get rid of the shell.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            The big-ticket items are the 5 speed parts, motor and trans (if in good shape, lower miles bring more money), disc brakes, interior, headlights, fogs, and pretty much any aftermarket stuff.

From your profile, if you sell everything, your aftermarket stuff is decent. Your interior is probably the least desired of all, so that won't be popular. I can't tell if you have rear discs or a 5 speed transmission, so if you don't, those are two pretty big things that people would want.

Honestly, you pretty much know your car's entire history. Why do you want to get rid of it?
            His car's automatic... otherwise I'd probably buy it

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              His car's automatic... otherwise I'd probably buy it
              why dont you hit up the same place i got my second cb7 from yaw they got preludes over there too

Comment

- Even though my car's interior is not a sought-after color (Maroon), it is in imaculate condition. A couple of people found it hard to believe that my interior was 17 years old.
                - The fog lights are good on the outside but all rusted out in the back. All of the brackets and screws are rusted in place. Originally I was planning on putting the fogs on my old bumper but I found out that I couldnt get them off. The bracket that held the H3 bulb in place which also served as the ground was also rusted causing it not to work. I took out the whole H3 harness and wired up an H7 harness and put those bulbs in the fogs. Moral of the story I would have to sell the fogs with the bumper.
                - The tranny is deffinetly NOT good, that is one of the reasons im thinking of parting with this car, I crack it open AGAIN. I took a hard hit back down to the road, Im pretty sure more things are broken under the car, its just too cold and I have almost no time during the week to see what really happened. Also about a month ago I hit a curb (to aviod an accident) and I messed up the front passenger-side suspension, almost sure that I have to replace the front crossmember and radius rod and then see whatelse from there.

When the car was running, it was running good. It had no-problem handling the everyday commute and weekend runs. This car went through alot and took a beating but still ran without hesitation. A couple of weeks ago I went to an Acurazine car meet at the Palasides Mall (about an hour drive) and the car had no problem doing 90 on the open highway.

I don't know what to do

Comment

I say fix it. Front suspension parts aren't expensive (the junkyard by me is quite cheap) Automatic transmissions aren't expensive either... nobody wants them!

If you part out and buy another CB7, you're just buying another old Accord with it's own problems. You KNOW this car's problems. You KNOW this car's strengths. I'd think it would be wiser to fix the problems you know. Another car will never feel the same.
                  You have a clean interior. You have a nice paintjob (and the pics show no visible rust). I'd bet it would cost under $1000 to fix everything that's wrong with it. Warmer days are coming. Hell, 93twodoorLX is planning a junkyard meet here in Jersey soon. Hitch a ride down with someone and get all you need! The yard down here has MANY CB7s!

Comment

im with deev

Comment

Working...
                    X