Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going N/A.

This ends a great boosted run.

My F22b has been giving me some crazy problems. I chased an oil leak until I found the culprit. It seems the HG is busted on the rear end of the block as I found evidence of antifreeze mixing with oil in that area. The compression is also lower in a couple cylinders.

The car idled weak, but I thought it was only because my cat was clogged.

Nope, thats wasn't the only reason. I confirmed it when I found my brand new Royal purple was gray in color and had a chocolatey texture to it.

The CB will no longer be boosted as I will be swapping to a H22A/F20B/H23A (undecided). And I will keep it N/A. I may or may not sell the turbo kit. I haven't decided what I will retain for my built engine. I may not retain any of it.

I'm kind of sad, but then I don't really care. Its just the end of an era.

Well, hello to great gas mileage!!!!

good gas mileage is only attainable if you can keep your foot out of it good sir.

above all else, good luck with that.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
      good gas mileage is only attainable if you can keep your foot out of it good sir.

above all else, good luck with that.
      Ok, how about better gas mileage.

Comment

lol. damn you had a nice setup too. Well good luck with the future plans man.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
          Ok, how about better gas mileage.
          deal.
          i wasnt trying to be a smartass btw, i was just kidding around, just in case you werent aware of my random silliness for no apparent reason.
          sad to see you leave the turbo world, as you and straightedge are both out at a similar time and you both were inspirations for me and my car.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
            deal.
            i wasnt trying to be a smartass btw, i was just kidding around, just in case you werent aware of my random silliness for no apparent reason.
            sad to see you leave the turbo world, as you and straightedge are both out at a similar time and you both were inspirations for me and my car.
            I am cool, no offense taken at all! Thanks, I appreciate it.

Thanks Nail05 for the good luck wish.

Comment

Better gas mileage my ass.... VTEC is killing me.

While boost is definitely cool... honestly, every time the big cams come on I make a silly face and laugh my ass off. You have the time, money and expertise... I think an H22 with a 99mm K24 crank and some wild cams through an H23 tranny is your destiny.

Sucks about your motor... but sometimes shit's gotta blow up for you to realize you wanna start all over. Good luck on your endeavors.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

h23 head on f23 bottom end ftw (search G23 on H-t)

lmk if you want any cylinder head work done.
                Last edited by wed3k; 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Don't feel bad. I am on my way to N/A as well. Waiting for power isnt doing anything for me LOL. Uhh yeah, I just want another Honda.

But, sorry to hear that the engine went poof, I wish you luck with whatever engine you choose, and knowing you, it will impress!

Comment

Thanks guys. I am doing my homework on this. Its a tough choice, actually. I am kinda looking at cost, power, and immediate availability.

P.S. Glory, my injectors are twice as big as yours, so yeah the gas mileage IS better.

Comment

its hightime you take it up a notch check out my sig get a suby

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                        its hightime you take it up a notch check out my sig get a suby
                        AWD turbo is nice, but thats it. When I drop my wad of cash, its going to be 6 cylinder, RWD and it damn sure won't be a Supra.

Comment

AWD turbo is nice, but thats it. When I drop my wad of cash, its going to be 6 cylinder, RWD and it damn sure won't be a Supra.
                          350z or g35?

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                            350z or g35?
                            BMW.

Comment

BMW.
                              335?

Comment

Working...
                              X