Oh CHRIST... I got hit with the TURBO FLU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh CHRIST... I got hit with the TURBO FLU

I've been extra tired the past few days but I thought nothing of it. It got a little warm so I figured I'd go for a ride around the park. First couple of miles, I'm cruising, I'm flying, I'm feeling great... I do the lap in 10 minutes. 2nd lap... gettin a little fatigued... 13 minutes. 3rd lap, I'm kinda dying, feeling very shitty... about 18-20 minutes. I leave the park and I'm super sore, way more than usual...

I get home and I'm dead... I have to go to bed. I just got up after about 3 hours of laying up as my mom called and like a dumbass I told her I'm sick... the shit sucks bigtime. To add to it, my dad's a doctor, but we're entangled in the stupidest ass fight ever... he's livid about me buying a CB, so even though I'm sick I'm kinda hesitant to approach him, because if I have to sit through a 10 hour lecture feeling like this it's hari-kari time...

Thankfully my girl's still in Ghana... I should be able to get over this by mid May. I feel a bit better already just moving around.... but I'm kinda delerious and out of it, and I got work tomorrow... I hope I don't cause an outbreak...

Anyways... just thought I'd share... anyone got some insights on beating this shit... I'm supposed to be healthy as fuck... this is not me right now

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    I've been extra tired the past few days but I thought nothing of it. It got a little warm so I figured I'd go for a ride around the park. First couple of miles, I'm cruising, I'm flying, I'm feeling great... I do the lap in 10 minutes. 2nd lap... gettin a little fatigued... 13 minutes. 3rd lap, I'm kinda dying, feeling very shitty... about 18-20 minutes. I leave the park and I'm super sore, way more than usual...

I get home and I'm dead... I have to go to bed. I just got up after about 3 hours of laying up as my mom called and like a dumbass I told her I'm sick... the shit sucks bigtime. To add to it, my dad's a doctor, but we're entangled in the stupidest ass fight ever... he's livid about me buying a CB, so even though I'm sick I'm kinda hesitant to approach him, because if I have to sit through a 10 hour lecture feeling like this it's hari-kari time...

Thankfully my girl's still in Ghana... I should be able to get over this by mid May. I feel a bit better already just moving around.... but I'm kinda delerious and out of it, and I got work tomorrow... I hope I don't cause an outbreak...

Anyways... just thought I'd share... anyone got some insights on beating this shit... I'm supposed to be healthy as fuck... this is not me right now
    Yaw dude sorry to say shit happens bro. But hopefully you pull thru.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

i thought u meant u were going to boost the type s lol...anyways get better
      Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
      Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

oh man i hate the flu!!!

man, just take advantage of it, sleep aaaaaaaaall day play xbox 360 on live aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall night.
        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
        Disregard females, acquire currency
        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Where the HELL is uncle_EL

*throws soup like Tony Soprano's mom*

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

If it is indeed viral, then they can't really do much for it anyway.

Usually the flu is over in no more than 72 hours, and unfortunately, being healthy doesn't prevent it.

Rest, drink lots of fluids, and eat as much as you can, but stick to light foods like soup and bread.

You can take theraflu and Nyquil to help you sleep, Alka-Seltzer and 7up both work well to help calm an upset stomach.

Luckily, if it came on that fast, it may only last for a day or two.

Also, if you go to work, you are just likely to prolong the problem, and you won't be productive anyway.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

seriously, no more threads misleading me into thinking that you are turboing your car.

get well soon however, and when you're better, you can catch the good turbo flu.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

LMAO @ turboing a Type-S... lets give Halle Berry implants while we're at it... this car is all about balance, and further enhancing the naturally aspirated excellence that is the Type-S motor...

J/k... but for real no turbos, they almost always blow up

I got some Theraflu and Advil... I definitely live in a bachelor pad. We have 4 stereos, a PS2, 2 bikes, a bass guitar... but no knives, first aid, or medicine

Anyways the TheraFlu's kicking in

Comment

Why is your dad so involved with your car, didn't he have a youth or phase about cars when he was younger.
                  Last edited by laz93se; 04-19-2007, 11:56 PM.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

I just like to take horse tranquilizers and pass out, if I'm asleep I won't feel it.....when I come to I feel like Rumpelstiltskin, I'm wondering what day it is...

But some good strong pain killers and flu medicine is good if you need to keep awake.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se
                      Why is your dad so involved with your car, didn't he have a youth or phase about cars when he was younger.
                      serious...my dad bitches how i spend all my money on car parts (try modifying two cars and still have a life, lol)

but hes the one that wants a new mini cooper s and throw rims, racing seats and lip kits on them
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hey gloryaccord pop a vitamin C 1000mg tablet every few hours for the next few days thats what i always did when i was sick
                        Last edited by almostJDM; 04-20-2007, 01:36 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

just drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM
                            hey gloryaccord pop a vitamin C 1000mg tablet every few hours for the next few days thats what i always did when i was sick
                            Yea I had an Airborne tablet last night along with some Theraflu and Advil... I feel a lot better today

Comment

sweet bro glad to hear your starting to feel better already

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                              1992 Accord EX Coupe
                              My FS Thread
                              Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Working...
                              X