I Bought A Mercedes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Bought A Mercedes!!!

sp last friday i bought an '89 Mercedes Benz 300E from my g.f's aunt.. this car is CLEAN everything in it works, the leather interior is flawless runs/ drives like a champ and it only cost me $800!
    heres pics!!

more to come, tell me what you guys think!!
    traded the honda for a v-dub :-)
    broke the vw, bought a mercedes

\/Maybe comming soon\/

Kickass, Matt! I almost bought the little brother to that car, the 180E, a few months ago. It looks amazing, I hope it's just as good mechanically! Those things aren't cheap to fix, and parts aren't too easy to come by. Still, for $800, if it lasts a year, it's a steal! Take care of it... no rattlecan racing stripes on this one!

Comment

throw some d's on that bitch! seriously, though, nice car. mercedes realy had it together back then, they were very reliable cars from what ive heard.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

my buddy bought a 190E fake AMG badged. anyways it has many problems so we rebuilt the entire car, including the engine (he was working at MB at the time) they had to get all the parts from europe. and when the entire car was put together we still had troublel with the fuel distributor. it was slow as shit, terrible idle and terrible response. needless to say he sold it 2 months later for a measly 2k profit
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Watch all the little stuff in the interior.

Unfortunately, MB has crappy interiors IMO.

All those little knobs and hinges and stuff like to break off.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

MB = More Bucks

or in the cheaply made interior on older MBs

MB= More Breakage

Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 04-27-2007, 02:38 PM.
            92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
            My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              Watch all the little stuff in the interior.

Unfortunately, MB has crappy interiors IMO.

All those little knobs and hinges and stuff like to break off.

just like VW

I came across this guy that has an older modded Jetta 86-92 I suppose.

he explained how his brother bought a 1996-1998 Jetta GT and the damn Headlights melted...and the dash trim around the radio broke off while his brother was driving..then the inner part of the sideview mirror ..came off by when he hit a bump....then the shifter came off..when he was shifting into 3rd...

that guy may have been exaggerating a little...but its funny!
              92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by SN2BH22CB7
                just like VW

I came across this guy that has an older modded Jetta 86-92 I suppose.

he explained how his brother bought a 1996-1998 Jetta GT and the damn Headlights melted...and the dash trim around the radio broke off while his brother was driving..then the inner part of the sideview mirror ..came off by when he hit a bump....then the shifter came off..when he was shifting into 3rd...

that guy may have been exaggerating a little...but its funny!
                Yeah. BMW seems to have pretty well built interiors, but not MB.

I drove an $85,000 S class once, and was afraid to touch anything, because it might break.

The interior was like the quality of my 83 sentra.

Not trying to bag on the OP's purchase, because for $800 it most likely is a steal, just beware.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

[QUOTE=owequitit]

The interior was like the quality of my 83 sentra.

QUOTE]

damn thats CHEAPLY made then!

BMW= Bring Money Withya!

MR Thread:

Comment

I wanted the "leather" interior of the MB when I was shopping... I mentioned it on an MB forum, and I got laughed at "MB-tex"... fake crap.

The 300E is a better car than the 180E, though. It's like comparing an Accord to a Civic. The 180E was MB's little cheapo shitbox. The 300E was a step up (or two!)

If the interior is as good looking as the exterior seems to be in the pics, then it can't be TOO bad! If that style wasn't so dated looking, it could pass for a new car by those pics!

Comment

I think thats the classic mercedes benz look

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Definitely classic... but like our cars, even though it still looks good, it's obviously an older car. I must say, though... for an 89, that model is before it's time!

Comment

the w201 chassis or 180e/190e, refferd to as the C-class of its generation was the 1st step of MB to get back on the mid-sized sedan market which was to rival the 3-series of BMW. there was a lesson to be learned..

now, the w124 chassis or E-class of this generation (86'-95') was the last of the true german engineering before the merge with Chrysler. thus, i would say that it's the best E-class that MB had produced so far. specifically the last 3years of its production which had a newly designed dohc engine and with the 94-95 having some minor facelift to update its looks..

my .02

to the OP: good buy for $800 been looking to get one myself a 94-95 e320 coupe or a 94-95 e500 if the pocket permits
                          Last edited by casterX; 04-28-2007, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Definately through some D's on that bitch. The old ones are better than the new ones, well that's what I hear at my job all of the time. But again like was stated b4, parts, labor, whatever ain't cheap. But I think what a fudge lovin' come up. Nice.
                            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

how sexy is that..!?

Comment

Working...
                              X