why do we love the cb7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do we love the cb7?

why do we love our cb7s. i mean in 90% of the cb7s you always going to find some kind of a oil leak. the door handles will or have already broken off. the tail tail light look like a fish aquarium. and the truck look like a jungle because of the water from the tail lights. when you buy a used cb7 you either are waiting for the fuelpump relay or the distributor to go bad on you. and at night you have to make sure that when you close the driver side windor to be in its tracks. lol
    but after all this we still love them to death.
    why?????/
    i know why i still love it, just wanted to know why you all still love the cb7s.

ps i don't even want to talk about the rust. lmao.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

I love my CB7 b/c i have no choice....

its almost always cheaper to fix the CB than buy another used car....
    DEVOTE

Comment

i think because of the many problems you mentioned above many people have a love-hate relationship lol.
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

I sit in my CB7, and I'm home. It's not perfect, but it's familiar. It does what I want it to do, and anything it doesn't do, I know how to MAKE it do!

I'm currently driving a car with nearly twice the horsepower and torque as the CB7. It has leather interior, everything works, it's comfortable. It's an amazing car.
        I miss the CB7. Terribly. I have to get up some money so I can get the head fixed!

The problems with the CB7s are easily fixed. Even the rust isn't THAT big a deal, unless it's as bad as AccordWarrior's was... I've had to have mine fixed twice, but with a full paintjob each time, it only came to a total of about $1300.

Comment

i love it because of the design.

i love how the car is big enough with enough features, but doesnt have anything unnecessary or excessive. its boxy and straight, yet has smooth curves where it matters. the interior is straight, smooth, subdued, yet its stylish and everything is thoughtfully laid out. its the perfect size for me, and i love how everything in the interior sits at the window line or lower, including the dashboard. mechanically, its large and simple enough that its easy to work on and theres enough room to work and modify comfortably, yet its small enough and complex enough to be reliable and cheap, and be compact.

its also pretty enough to still be considered a nice looking car, but plain enough to be nothing special. its also got enough potential to really surprise some people. its got enough aftermarket support to make it easy, yet its overlooked enough to make it challenging and fun.

i could keep going, as theres really nothing that i dislike about cb7s. out of every normal passenger car out there, none of them come close to being as "perfect" as a cb7, at least for me.
          Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

AccordWarrrior could tell you... I talked with him for HOURS... over the course of about 2 months, on what else I could get. I ran down my list of important attributes... and it really only left the CB7!

I eventually told myself that I HAD to get RWD or AWD just so that the CB7 wouldn't factored in. The two cars that I absolutely love, besides the CB7, are the Skyline and the Galant VR-4. Both are CB7-ish in their styling, in a way!

Comment

I love the CB7 because whenever an issue is taken care of you don't really have to worry about it for a long time. My roommate loves driving my car as well, and he drives an Isuzu Trooper. He says he enjoys it because it handles great for its age, and has the power to go along. I would have to agree. A great mixture of power and handling, comfort and reliability...it's all I really need in a vehicle, regardless of age.
              Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

I hate mine its a penis magnet...I need to go buy a bimmer lol haha. I like my car because it satisfies what i need. The only thing I need to fix now is the damn AC then I am set.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Cheap, easy to fix, cheap & easy to do performance upgrades, and I love the front end. Did I mention cheap?
                  R.I.P. CB7; hello spec-v!

Member's Ride
                  FS thread: full part-out

Help me with my spec-V fund, buy my stuff!!!
                  Degree of rice and performability are inversely related.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    I sit in my CB7, and I'm home. It's not perfect, but it's familiar. It does what I want it to do, and anything it doesn't do, I know how to MAKE it do!

I'm currently driving a car with nearly twice the horsepower and torque as the CB7. It has leather interior, everything works, it's comfortable. It's an amazing car.
                    I miss the CB7. Terribly. I have to get up some money so I can get the head fixed!

The problems with the CB7s are easily fixed. Even the rust isn't THAT big a deal, unless it's as bad as AccordWarrior's was... I've had to have mine fixed twice, but with a full paintjob each time, it only came to a total of about $1300.
                    I drove a SS GTP at work the other day. It's a very nice car for what it is.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

What's an SS GTP?

Comment

It's a Honda, very well built car. Looks amazing and German-like with subtle changes (i.e. lowering it, rims). It can handle well given the correct mods and has many options for power increase. This site has helped to learn us all on what we can do to it to customize it to our goals. It's reliable and cheap, familiar and lasts forever when properly taken care of. Good size car for most people.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

we just do.
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Cuz we are a bunch if ignorant ricers that have never encountered a real car.

Of course I am being sarcastic.

They are just all around great cars. Not necessarily exceptional in any one area, but VERY good overall.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

cheap, reliable, takes 87 octane, power sunroof, first fun 5spd car i owned, never left me stranded.
                              1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Working...
                              X