Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get them tissues ready...Mugen is coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get them tissues ready...Mugen is coming.

Mugen Civc in Mid-Oct.

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Shit, the pricing is gonna be outrageous seeing that its just a bodykit and some badges.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Under $30,000!!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! Shit there are tons better cars in the under 30K market. Civics should never cost that much. I don't care what badges it has. Plus there's nothing done under the hood.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

It doesnt even have the JDM lights that make the car look a billion times better..
        To-Do List for Today
        Be Awesome

Comment

DAMN.

that is all.
          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
          Disregard females, acquire currency
          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

the si's are slow stock atleast they could of made it quicker for the hefty price tag.

I heard there are only going to be so many built so it will be a collector's item

jdmCITY.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid

Mugen is cool, but this car is not.

Reasons:

1) No Engine Modifications!!!!!!! What, no Mugen supercharger?
              2) Body kit is not very subtle. Althought it seems to be functional, it doesn't complement the body lines very well.
              3) Wheels are not unique. Just slap some M7's on that thing.
              4) Too Expen$ive. If it had the above mentioned things, 30K could be justified, but at its current state.....

...otherwise, its a great niche car.
              Last edited by lokuputha; 07-30-2007, 12:53 PM.
              DEVOTE

Comment

i'd take this

over this

ngeeeeeeheeee

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                Honda Accord Euro-R
                Honda Odyssey Absolute
                Honda City I-DSi
                Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by erok515
                  the si's are slow stock atleast they could of made it quicker for the hefty price tag.

I heard there are only going to be so many built so it will be a collector's item
                  ? They are pretty decent cars from factory and do decently well on an autocross track. Anyway this is pretty old news. Its been all over forums/magazines.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

someone is late to the news. look at my sig. tat is all

Comment

Actually I would take a new Si over my accord. Thats just me.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

its more than a body kit and badges...jesus. try suspension is different and exhaust is different.

If you calculate the prices for Mugen wheels/full aero kit/wing/grill/badges/exhaust/suspension. the price is justified. considering the cost of a brand new Si is already mid 20k ish.

i like it, and it will be a collectors car eventually since its limited in production.
                        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

^^ yep. I would assume everyone got it but guess not. All the magazines explain what was included in the kit. If anyone was to pay 30g for an SI that had a mugen kit they oughtta just kill themselves. And mugen parts are not cheap. Plus this car is backed by honda factory warranty.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Honestly, I think the car serves a purpose.

Essentially, it is a Type R, without the slight bump in HP.

Every says "I want the Type R, I want the Type R!"

I agree with them, but they are unrealistic about what the Type R will be if it is brought over.

It will likely have somewhere around 220HP which is only a 20HP gain.

So it may go from a high 14 second car stock to a mid-high 14 second car stock.

You can also easily get an additional 20 WHP out of a stock Si, with an exhaust, reflash, and intake. Hell, you would probably be over with those.

God forbid you add a header or IPS cams.

And total, you would be looking at substantially less than $30K, which is about where the Type R would be priced ($28-30K).

The Type R would only provide a 12% increase in HP.

But, see, the thing people are missing is that the Type R has never been about acceleration in a straight line.

It is about balance.

The Mugen Si probably achieves all of that balance, without the slight bump in HP.

1) You can't build a Mugen Si for less than what this car will cost.

2) There will only be 1,000 built. That is less than 1 per dealer.

3) It is supposedly a test by Honda to see if they can warrant bringing the Type R over.

One of the problems in the US, is that everybody focuses on 0-60, 1/4 mile, and top speed.

If those are the only ways you measure a "performance" car, then the Type R can never be a good buy, because there will always be something that accelerates faster for cheaper. Especially at 30K.

Put one in the mountains, or on a racetrack, and there are VERY few cars that will provide as much enjoyment.

But they are not acceleration monsters. Never really have been.

As long as Americans measure the value of a car in those ways, Honda will be reluctant to bring them over.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

^ Please give this guy an award. Seriously.

I would buy one, but I'm pretty sure none will make it to Canada. But I guess we have the Acura CSX, and the type-S model will be released in November. It will list for $33,400... Hmmm sell my car and make a sizable down payment.. Haha..
                              Last edited by Dv8; 07-30-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X