thoughts about adding 3 more sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thoughts about adding 3 more sections

This is just an idea, so dont kill me on this.

I thought it would be awesome to add 3 more sections to the site.

one will be a group buy section. its bacically if you find something that would make a good thing for the cb and refer it here. then people could be added to a list and they could bring the price down for us, since alot of people are buying it at the same time.

second section is for the gallery. if we could add threads for specific colors. because i really like frost white and ardica green cb, and its hard to all of them and see how they look. remember just an idea.

and last adding a website feedback section. for anyone that sees something that needs to be changed, you could just post there, instead of pm'ing moderators and deev.

what do you say guys? deev i could pitch in for website fees if you need some.
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

sounds cool but i dont think any of them need a whole section on their own... how many group buys do we do? 1 or 2 a year?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
      sounds cool but i dont think any of them need a whole section on their own... how many group buys do we do? 1 or 2 a year?
      its just thoughts man, dont kill me.
      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
        its just thoughts man, dont kill me.
        you just earned yourself a BANNNNN

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

the only thing i see that we need to is feedback for users who buy and sell like pbnation.com has

used condoms? wtf

Comment

I still think you guys should bring back the product review board...

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Out of the 3, Website feedback sounds the best.

If you guys really want some new sections we should make a thread with suggestions and then take the best suggestions and and turn that into a poll, Which ever wins the poll, That will be the new section.

Comment

i really like the beginner's section, ppl are fairly helpful. more helpful than i would have thought :o
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing threads related to each color.

I think it could somehow be incorporated into the MR forum though.

Stickies at the top or something of that nature.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

To reply with my own name... (I hate when other people use my computer...)

The group buy idea has some merit... that could be a useful subforum in the Classifieds section (perhaps alongside the ebay and traditional...)

We don't get many group buys, but having a dedicated section may make them more successful when we do, and it may bring about more. That's a very good idea.

The color forums are a cool idea, but I think it would get cumbersome. I rarely go in the image gallery myself, and I definitley wouldn't bother navigating through multiple forums of it!

What we COULD do is put a sticky at the top, listing all the colors, and showing what they are. We could ask for members to include the proper color of their car somewhere in their thread (title, description, whatever...) then you could search in that forum, and pull up all the threads that have cars with that color. Sounds complicated, but I think it could work... The people who are smart enough to read the stickies are often the ones that have the nice cars anyway

And for the site suggestion forum... I'm not a fan of that. In fact, threads like this usually bother me (though this one doesn't... it's the ones that say "you need to do this!" that get to me!) If something on the forum exists or doesn't exist, there's probably a good reason for it. Not always, such as the group buy forum... makes sense, and may actually happen. BUT, people will be suggesting avatars (bandwidth), larger PM boxes (bandwidth), different color schemes (just... no), nominating moderators, etc... a bunch of stuff that really doesn't need to be open to public discussion.

If you have any ideas for the forum, PM me or any of the other mods (it is ultimately my decision, but the mods are free to discuss ideas... and if they think it's a good idea, I will usually agree) We'll be glad to go over an idea and see if it would work. It's just a lot easier when the person who suggests the change and the person in charge are the only two in the discussion. When it's public, people think the suggestion is magically up for a vote... I'd rather just avoid the conflict!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      To reply with my own name... (I hate when other people use my computer...)

The group buy idea has some merit... that could be a useful subforum in the Classifieds section (perhaps alongside the ebay and traditional...)

We don't get many group buys, but having a dedicated section may make them more successful when we do, and it may bring about more. That's a very good idea.

The color forums are a cool idea, but I think it would get cumbersome. I rarely go in the image gallery myself, and I definitley wouldn't bother navigating through multiple forums of it!

What we COULD do is put a sticky at the top, listing all the colors, and showing what they are. We could ask for members to include the proper color of their car somewhere in their thread (title, description, whatever...) then you could search in that forum, and pull up all the threads that have cars with that color. Sounds complicated, but I think it could work... The people who are smart enough to read the stickies are often the ones that have the nice cars anyway

And for the site suggestion forum... I'm not a fan of that. In fact, threads like this usually bother me (though this one doesn't... it's the ones that say "you need to do this!" that get to me!) If something on the forum exists or doesn't exist, there's probably a good reason for it. Not always, such as the group buy forum... makes sense, and may actually happen. BUT, people will be suggesting avatars (bandwidth), larger PM boxes (bandwidth), different color schemes (just... no), nominating moderators, etc... a bunch of stuff that really doesn't need to be open to public discussion.

If you have any ideas for the forum, PM me or any of the other mods (it is ultimately my decision, but the mods are free to discuss ideas... and if they think it's a good idea, I will usually agree) We'll be glad to go over an idea and see if it would work. It's just a lot easier when the person who suggests the change and the person in charge are the only two in the discussion. When it's public, people think the suggestion is magically up for a vote... I'd rather just avoid the conflict!
                      thankyou deev for pitching in.
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

I did it earlier, but someone else was logged in on my IE (I use Firefox now, and when Dani was over he used IE... when I followed your link on IM, it opened IE... AW was kind enough to delete the post to avoid confusion! ) Damn CD5 drivers... don't know how to log off...

Comment

i like the color added to the members ride title, i like seeing what others are doing to their cappuccino browns, the best color for cb7s
                          FA1

Comment

Working...
                          X