any body build salt water tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any body build salt water tanks?

well i used to have fresh water tanks when i was younger but eventually got sick of them...not many interesting fresh water fish...or good looking for that matter.I really like my buddies saltwater tank just because everything he's got in there is so colorful its like a piece of art.

the problem with saltwater is that its so damn expensive to build and keep up!

a 30 gal fish only can cost 600 bux...i want a mini-reef though and that requires a 50 gal atleast and can cost more than 1k!

better start saving lol...

anybody got tanks they wanna post up?
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

talk to 501accord he has salt water tanks hes really into fish

Comment

I do nano reefs most of the time, thats Reef tanks under 15 gallons. but i also have a 65 gallon reef and a 55 gallon fish only with live rock. hit me up with more spicific question.

edit
      Who told you you cant do a mini reef under 50 gallons? they dont know what they are talking about.

Comment

Comment

FISHIES!!!!

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

501 those are some nice tanks!!!

my buddy told me its not worth to do a reef tank under 50 gal...i dunno at first i wanted a 30 gal since its just going in my room.

basicly, i've never done a saltwater tank before, do you have any suggestions?
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

Well, i just wanna say that its totally worth it to do a tank under 50 gallons. And its waaay cheaper in the long run. Less sand, less live rock, less corals, cheaper upgraded lighting, less fish. You just gonna be religious on water changes. You say you want a 30 gallon? is that a 29 regular? 30 long? 30 high? IMO the 20 High is the perfect starter tank. every week take 5 gallons out and put 5 gallons of fresh saltwater.

Btw if its not worth doing a salt tank under 50 gallons why would there be a site with more members than CB7tuner with even better support?

Nano-reef.com

Comment

501 i'm glad i posted here.you seem to know what the hell you are talking about!!!i think my buddy just got the wrong advise.

looks like i'll be 30 gal (or 29-thats what i saw at the pet store)

i'm checking that link out now!!!

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

I just wanna let you know, if you are planning on upgrading your lighting (for corals and better color) your going to be able to get away with less watts ($$$) with a shallower tank. maybe think about the 20 long? same footprint, just shallower, so the lights you use are put to use more.

Comment

yes i'm reading how to get started on nano reef and thats what they are recomending...i still got lots of researching to do but i got a ?.i red the article about natural filtration are you using this method?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

1-2 LBS Live rock per gallon, live sand 1 lbs per gallon, protein skimmer if you cant stay constant on water changes... oh and get an Aquaclear Hang on back filter to suck the shit out

thats what i use on all my tanks.... and Current satellite dual compact flourecsant fixtures.

Comment

nice...

btw where do you find your fish at?local petco's only have freshwater fish.do you buy online?

saltwaterfish.com?

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

you got aim man? this thread is just you and me and aims faster lol..

Comment

nope sorry haha never had one

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Comment

hey im reading it too, i'm interested!

post the info in the thread please!

Comment

Working...
                              X