Question about tint Laws. ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about tint Laws. ???????

So my me and my family are going up to Canada on friday, and we got pulled over by a cop that wanted to give us a ticket, but he couldnt do shit out speeding, so he decided to give my dad a tint ticket, just to satisfy his douche bag, heartless, POS self. Now i know cb7tuner loves cops and everything they do is for a BS purpose and all that shit, so im not looking for sympanthy.

Anyway, I got 20% tint last year. I checked the legal limit in PA then and it was 35%. The cop did the window tint tester shit 4 times (2 front and 2 back). When he gave us the ticket it said the tint was 10% and that it was 7x too dark the legal limit of 70%. When i see the ticket im like sweet, we'll get off easy since the legal limit is 35%, and he tested us wrong. But i get to Canada, check the legal limit and the pig is correct, it is now 70% front and rear.

I have two questions here. 1 for PA residents and 1 for everyone else

#1-Who did we elect into office to change the Tint limit? Before PA was a cool state to drive in, they were lenient about everything and very laid back, but now, the mo'fo'in DMV and all cops seem to have something shoved up their ass, and making us pay for their ass pain.

#2-Would i be able to get off of this ticket becasue his tester said it was 10%, and isnt correct? Which option would be better?
    Bring in the recepit showing that the tint is actually 20%(which would still be illegal but proving his tester is inaccurate)
    OR
    Get a tint shop to test my tint, and get a certificate that says my tint is not 10%, but higher, therefore proving the tester was inaccurate, yet not being able to tell what the actual percentage was?
    I know the second is probably better, but do tint shops give out certificates like this?

I know call and find out, i will tomorrow, when they are open.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

hookups with a optometrist?

id have him/her write you a note saying that UV rays can damage your skin or eye sight.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

No matter what, your (dads) tint is still illegal. Go to them with "its actually 20%, he was wrong" and theyll say "20 isnt 35 OR 70" Get it fixed and you wont have to worry about those "douche bag, heartless, pos self" cops.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
        Now i know cb7tuner loves cops and everything they do is for a BS purpose and all that shit, so im not looking for sympanthy.
        Originally posted by texasvtak
        No matter what, your (dads) tint is still illegal. Go to them with "its actually 20%, he was wrong" and theyll say "20 isnt 35 OR 70" Get it fixed and you wont have to worry about those "douche bag, heartless, pos self" cops.
        No i am not going to take the tints off. I paid money for that shit and its not coming off bc of one butt hurt pig.
        Plus 70% is ridiculous.
        Shit comes from the fuckin factory at like 50%

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Well then the answer is no, there isnt really anything you can do.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

say your wife mother drives it and must stay out of the sun light, one thing she must be on the pill. Reason being is that is how my mom got out, something about her doctor saying it could react with her.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
              hookups with a optometrist?

id have him/her write you a note saying that UV rays can damage your skin or eye sight.

i tried that when i got my white cb7, the car already had 5% tint all the way around.

mind you one of my eye is fake, and the other eye reacts to light alot slower than most ppl. so if there is a flash of sun glare i would be temporarly blinded.

doc pretty much kicked me outtta the office and said no.
              1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

If you can prove that it's 20% and not 10%, you MIGHT get off on a technicality... however, it's still much much darker than the law allows. That's like saying "no, officer! I was going 85 in a 25, not 90!"

If you get off for that, it's bullshit... but at least worth a try. It is your responsibility to be aware of the law, and to follow it. It is the cop's responsibility to enforce the law. If you break the law, expect to talk to the cops. If you want tints, be prepared to pay the fines. Again, I fail to see how this cop was a douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
                  i tried that when i got my white cb7, the car already had 5% tint all the way around.

mind you one of my eye is fake, and the other eye reacts to light alot slower than most ppl. so if there is a flash of sun glare i would be temporarly blinded.

doc pretty much kicked me outtta the office and said no.
                  Wow, you have a fake eye, and the doc wouldn't help you out by writing a prescription for tints? That sucks!

I should go to school to be an optometrist... then I can charge all you suckers for scripts

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Wow, you have a fake eye, and the doc wouldn't help you out by writing a prescription for tints? That sucks!

I should go to school to be an optometrist... then I can charge all you suckers for scripts

haha i'll pay ya 50 bucks!!

wanna me take a vid of me takin out my eye? lol, too bad i don't have a vid camera

Comment

haha this is funny. my tint is 20% also and guess what they aint pullin my over, noooo. dude i think my tint is like 40-45 when i got 20. cus you could see inside the car even at night. and in the day, its pretty dark.
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie

wanna me take a vid of me takin out my eye? lol,
                        DUDE that would be fucking SWEET!!!!

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                          DUDE that would be fucking SWEET!!!!

haha k well gotta find that webcam then will post on thursday night.

so everyone drink lots of beer and get slammed cuz guys you are in for a show

Comment

fuck ya man can't wait to see that shit. i had a friend who had a fake eye also. and another one of my friends beat his ass. and when he punched him it poped out it was the funnest thing i have seen in ALONG ass time

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Working...
                            X