So tell me why you built your car....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So tell me why you built your car....

Everyone has their own reasons for building something. I wanna hear what you are building your car for....

IE:

Killing time
    Auto Cross/Road Race
    Dragstrip (why?)
    Street racing (why?)
    Show

I'm interested in hearing the reply's. I don't need to hear the generic answers like "I like how it looks and it's cheap to work on". There's more to it than that and you know it, otherwise you wouldn't be here modding it.

For me, this is a killing time/AutoX project. Didn't have anything better to do and had the car sitting here in need of new struts anyway, so I figured why the hell not?

Discuss.....

- Rob -
    92 Auto Sedan - "Rustoration"
    85 Toyota 4Runner
    1977 Kawasaki KZ1000/ZX6/10R Hybrid
    2008 HD 1200N
    2009 HD 883N

cause i hate stock?

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

It was unbearably slow. It is now bearable.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

Because I've always wanted that Trailer queen show car.
        "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
        - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

At first with mine the torque was there but i wanted more power and more torque. I streetrace one in a while but not directly on the spot where everyone else does there dirt theres too much heat there so we take it to our own spot. I have my reasons for building mine. Alot of people dont like the srt4 alot of people say oh its just a neon there is a difference.

Just like the dodge charger if its the sports model you dont say oh its just a charger you say srt8 and so on. And not alot of people like the accords either some say its heavy and ugly just like the srt4 so to speak. I mainly went with the srt4 because of this its originality and ts not as common. Its not well liked,thought of to be slow when with a little work just like the accord can be just as fast if not way faster because of the torque factor. Now i figure with the same layout minus the lsd if the accord doesnt have one is able to use a tcs. I think we should be able to use it to without the need of dragradials or slicks. And the bolt-ons for this car is ridiculous and they actually are plug and play.

Comment

because back in the day I told myself that my Accord would keep up with a V8 at the dragstrip

Formerly 91AccordExR33
            11.68 @ 127mph
            417whp/375wtq
            Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Nothing better to do with my time, literally. That, and I absolutely dispise stock.

Comment

It took my mind off my break-up with my ex-gf....then It kinda became an obsession that lead to an addiction.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                  It took my mind off my break-up with my ex-gf....then It kinda became an obsession that lead to an addiction.
                  I was thinking something along these lines, but instead of a break-up, mine was to get my mind of High School, have some fun and spend some money, and just like you said, "it became and obsession that lead to an addiction."

Mine started out with a set of wheels/tires, then exhaust, and then realizing that I was still just as slow as stock. I still am slow but it is still a work in progress. I still haven't decided what I would ideally make mine "complete." Later

Comment

At first, it was the fact that it was 5 speed... it was fun to drive, and I wanted to be able to go faster! That, and the fact that "it's a Honda, I should do what people do to Hondas!"

Now... it's mostly just to enjoy on the street. It's a fun car to drive, and it's efficient enough to meet my needs. The GTP is great... lots of torque. But when I get on it, it eats gas like crazy! So, I don't get on it! The CB7 is just as fast, but gets 30mpg when driven normally. If I get on it, it might sink to 25mpg. The GTP gets 25 if I drive like I forgot it had a supercharger! The CB7 also handles a hell of a lot better, is more comfortable, and generally just more enjoyable.

I also take drag racing into consideration... mainly because there are 2 good dragstrips nearby (Atco is literally 25 minutes away... I could walk there from my friend's house) Drag racing is fairly boring, I admit. Much of what makes a car fun is ignored when running in a straight line... However, it's a standard by which cars are measured. I can say "I have a 14 second car" and people know what I'm talking about. It's just fun to see a numerical representation of your efforts! Better a drag queen than a dyno queen! (yes, I said that intentionally )

Comment

Autocross fun mainly and a pretty rare platform.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

because I hate the stock look on most vehicles and this one was no different. And I always prefer to stand out instead of blending in with everyone.
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

because its a hobby?

Comment

i had my 1st car and i was a ricer. i had just an intake and revved on everyone who had a any type of aftermarket muffler. i wrecked that car(ironicly not speeding, but doing 40. lol) then i told myself my next car has to be done right.

i got an '89 accord. dear lord that thing sucked. lol. that gave up on me then i got my ;90 accord that i have now. i see other members up here and how their cars look and makes me want to build mine up even more. thats just making it look good. then i see all the other cars on the street that can smoke my car and all the nay sayers who say that an accord cant be used for performance. THATS my incentive for building up the motor. if i can get my car to beat those guys driving the civics, integras with GSR swaps, and the other guys in my cars class ill be happy.

but most of all, b/c i feel as tho its the only thing i can do by myself with no help. i feel at peace when im working on my car. like nothing else in the world exist...

Comment

I think i do it, cuz deep down i want somebody to, one day, see my car and tell me they really like it and it looks cool.

I wanna be the StickDilJoe of my town.

That i like the idea of owing something other ppl envy

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Working...
                              X