i now own a cb7 again :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i now own a cb7 again :)

well, i went and picked up my cb7. it's the same one that i had early last year. i gave it to a coworker because his kid was diagnosed with cancer and they didn't have a reliable way back and forth to the hospital. i had another car at the time so i didn't need it as bad as they did. well, things have worked out for them and the little car has served its purpose. my coworker's son pawned the fucking title without anyone knowing and i have to pay $700 to get that taken care of, but other than that, it's good to go.

it was more along the lines of "beater" and isn't nice. it needs a lot of TLC but i love it. i miss having a cb7 and am totally happy about it. life has been trying to whip my ass basically all fucking year and this makes it all worth it.

i fixed the surging idle, battery terminal, stereo system, rear driver's window/door, clutch, rear brakes and tire today. it's driveable and i'll start driving it regularly tomorrow. needs some body work (minor stuff) and that will be my first priority after it is mechanically reliable (good to go except for a few leaks from the vc gasket and cam seal and dizzy seal).

but i'm happy, back in the game and got that itch to waste money on mods and improvements for the sake of modding and improving.

i'll post a list of stuff i need so anyone with these parts or access to these parts may wanna keep an eye out.

i'm also going to be modding it (suspension, HIDs, wheels/tires, etc) by the end of october.

yay.
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Nice man.

Now drive that Taurus into the swamp lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      well, i went and picked up my cb7. it's the same one that i had early last year. i gave it to a coworker because his kid was diagnosed with cancer and they didn't have a reliable way back and forth to the hospital. i had another car at the time so i didn't need it as bad as they did. well, things have worked out for them and the little car has served its purpose. my coworker's son pawned the fucking title without anyone knowing and i have to pay $700 to get that taken care of, but other than that, it's good to go.

it was more along the lines of "beater" and isn't nice. it needs a lot of TLC but i love it. i miss having a cb7 and am totally happy about it. life has been trying to whip my ass basically all fucking year and this makes it all worth it.

i fixed the surging idle, battery terminal, stereo system, rear driver's window/door, clutch, rear brakes and tire today. it's driveable and i'll start driving it regularly tomorrow. needs some body work (minor stuff) and that will be my first priority after it is mechanically reliable (good to go except for a few leaks from the vc gasket and cam seal and dizzy seal).

but i'm happy, back in the game and got that itch to waste money on mods and improvements for the sake of modding and improving.

i'll post a list of stuff i need so anyone with these parts or access to these parts may wanna keep an eye out.

i'm also going to be modding it (suspension, HIDs, wheels/tires, etc) by the end of october.

yay.
      the return of fizzbob7

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
        Nice man.

Now drive that Taurus into the swamp lol.
        hell, i gotta keep that POS around until it dies. i was thinking today and the legalities of blowing it up aside, it may come in handy. while the cb7 is down for new suspension or a swap or whatever, i'll need a second ride and i have a good title on the taurus so fuck, might as well make use of it until it just fucking dies.

Comment

woo hoo awesome man

Comment

You can always do a bad ass burnout in the taurus and record it lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
              You can always do a bad ass burnout in the taurus and record it lol.
              the tranny tries to upshift then downshift after a few seconds if i do.

Comment

the tranny tries to upshift then downshift after a few seconds if i do.
                lol I had a 95 taurus,It never failed me.... Put the e brake put it in "N" rev the engine, then slam it to "L" I used to do 180's in mines. Ebrake FTW
                1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                -Nava

Comment

Originally posted by cleanz_28
                  lol I had a 95 taurus,It never failed me.... Put the e brake put it in "N" rev the engine, then slam it to "L" I used to do 180's in mines. Ebrake FTW

i have a couple of "less than satisfactory" motor/tranny mounts and simply putting it in gear nearly busts the windshield.

Comment

lol
                    1991 Sedan

click image for MRT
                    -Nava

Comment

i have a couple of "less than satisfactory" motor/tranny mounts and simply putting it in gear nearly busts the windshield.
                      LOLZAWRS!!!!!

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

what ever happened to swapping a K motor into a CB, or something like that

Im pretty sure it was you..

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

nice to see an old member get a cb again.cheers!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                            what ever happened to swapping a K motor into a CB, or something like that

Im pretty sure it was you..

well, i actually started it, had all the stuff except the AEM or hondata but life happened. i sold it all, got rid of the cb7 i had and moved on. i'm glad i didn't really. it was REALLY expensive even though i got a deal on the motors. i thought i ran out of money then came into some more and kept on buying stuff and even fabbed my own mounts although they were rough and needing a finishing redesign to make them nice.

that's the last "mod happiness" i've felt and haven't wanted to fuck with cars since. i think that was last summer or whatever. but anyway, i'm gonna take it little by little and enjoy it. i found a local guy who can make a carbon fiber ANYTHING so i'll use him to come up with some custom parts and redesign the carbon fiber shift boot (needs a coating to prevent wear) and i'll get him to finish my carbon fiber grill that we got halfway on and both decided "the hell with it".

just got burned out and too busy.

Comment

The K swap is unnecessary anyway, IMO. Sure, they're great engines with a young and growing aftermarket... but for a street car, the F22A can make plenty of power with turbo... you just don't need more than that! A smartly built and boosted F22A would probably make at least double the power of a good K swap for the same money.

The only reason to have a K is just that... to have a K.

Comment

Working...
                              X