Cool Fathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Fathers

This thread by lil_dcb7 got me to thinking about how cool my dad really was. Growing up you tend to think that your dad doesn't understand you and is just plain mean but he proved otherwise on the day described below day.

My family lived in a very rough neighborhood in SE Washington, DC and we saw our share of shootings, stabbings, beatings, etc growing up (when my youngest brother was 4 he witnessed our neighbor getting shot in the head with a .44 right in front of our house). All I can say is that I have my parents to thank for my upbringing cuz I could have turned out waaaay different.

Well my story took place when I was about 15. Crack was the new hot thing on the street and a girl that lived on my street was let's say very fond of it and would do certain things to get her hands on some. This attracted some very unsavory characters to her house. This particular day, 2 fellas were not quite satisfied with her offerings and the ensuing argument spilled onto the street and in front of 5110 (our addy) so my pop who was coming in from his long day pouring cement had asked the gentlemen to kindly take their complaints away from his house. I was on the porch with two of my my buddies while this was taking place. The guys started cussing at my dad in moved in on either side of him to confront him. My dad who is about 6'2 and weighed about 250 at the time is no wimp so he stepped to the dudes but I wasn't about to let two dudes whup up on my dad in front of our house so I ran in his room and grabbed his 12 ga, ran back to the front door, kicked it open, racked the slide on the shotty and asked my dad if he was alright. He recognized that sound and turned to me with a slight grin and says yup. Bad guys look like and get outta Dodge.

My dad has never once mentioned that incident to me and it's especially cool because nobody was supposed to know that the shotty was in the house. We all knew about it, even my mother .

PS my sig picture was taken next door to the house where I grew up. Still a rough hood but not as bad as it used to be. A lotta UUV going on there now.
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

MY dad was cool guy my mom said, i never new him, he died when i was 2yrs old.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

My dad left me for his job :-D he's an awesome father.....I've seen him about once in the past 10 years.
      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

My dad and I used to grow chronic together but now he is a hardcore christian..

jdmCITY.com

Comment

My dad bolted before i was born. didnt meet him until i was like 9 or 10. Saw him sperratically[sp?] for the next 11 years. Last winter i spent 6 months working for him in AZ. Sometimes hes cool, sometimes hes not. As far as coolness goes, he gets a B-. As far as a father goes, he gets a D-

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

my dad's pretty cool i guess. he's got a bad temper and never supported me in anything i wanted to do. at least until i started persuing the things i wanted to do in life now he sees i'm actually motivated and we seem to get along a lot more. we used to fight constantly when i was in highschool though but that was because i was a little shit and got F's in everything and didn't listen to anyone.

we're cool now though, he's behind me in everything i do except my tattoos lol and we get along, so whoopie!

Comment

my dad showed me that violence is never the answer to things....i guess he says that because i have all my pocket knives and razors sitting on the dresser.

i still carry a box cutter though...to cut boxes at work :o
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

my dad let me shoot his .40 when i was 3-4 yrs old.no joke i can barely remember it but its etched in my brain.i just remember the shock and my tiny lil wrist throbbing in pain, even though he basicly held the gun for me.

he's an awsome father though, always there for me.never has his advice failed on me and supports my car hobby alot.he's the one that pushe dme into the auto tech bussiness also.
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Working...
                X