This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religion Discussion

Alright fellas (and ladies) lets keep this one clean. I'm not trying to start a war or get anyone banned. If you are not capable of having a civilized DISCUSSION, then please do not post in this thread.

The purpose is not for me to push my beliefs onto anyone. Alls you have to do is look at my sig and you know where I stand. Instead, I'd like to use this thread to hear about what you all believe and why.

Comments like "The Quaran is crap" or "The Bible is crap" or "Buddha is a joke" are not acceptable. Post WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, not what you don't believe in, and don't make comments about what you disagree with on another persons religion. Keep your comments focused on yourself, not on others. FLAMING AND BASHING OF ANYONES RELIGION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!! Show some respect for everyone even if you don't respect their religion.

So, What is your religious belief and why?

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

hear we go gain

I believe in Jesus!! My family and I are Christians.
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

My faith statment for confirmation:

ith statement, what does faith really mean anyway? By definition it means this: Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing. So by these terms, I have little to no Christian faith. I am a person, a person who takes life as it comes, and takes life how I see it. I dont like thinking deeply about the future, and I dont like believing and setting my life around something I cant feel or see. But still I believe in god or another unnamed high power.

When I talk to others about their belief in god, in comparison to my wariness of weather their god exists or not, I get asked how could there not be my god? What else could have created everything honestly, I dont have an answer. But I dont want to see myself basing my life and beliefs of just another persons idea. Think about it, somewhere around 2000 years ago, Jesus was said to walk the earth. This part I can believe. Jesus was said to be nailed to a cross, died, was resurrected, and is now seated at the right hand of the father.

How are we supposed to believe all this happened? Well I am not sure it did. In the book, The Da Vinci Code it was said that Jesus was not what he was what people believed, so why in real life, cant we have that sort of attitude. Why are people so locked on any certain religion?

Well I am not. I guess you could consider me agnostic, because when people ask me what religion I am, I reply with agnostic theist.

Agnostic theism is the philosophy that encompasses both theism and agnosticism. An agnostic theist is one who disclaims knowledge of God's existence but chooses to believe in God in spite of this. This position is generally looked down upon both by theists and strong atheists because the agnostic theist remains without sure knowledge willingly. Most people want to be sure that they are in the right,

and don't understand that one should give up that certainty. Also, both sides see agnostic theism as a stepstone towards the other. These criticisms are also applicable to agnosticism; nevertheless, agnostic theists seem to have an advantage over holders of other positions in that they do not have the indecision of the agnostic or the unprovable knowledge of the non-agnostic theist/strong atheist. They have a belief that they are aware of, and can therefore be considered more conscious than most.

Many agnostic theists claim that not only do they not know God exists, but that it is also impossible to know with any certainty whether God exists; then, they are strong agnostics. Note than in that case they believe that God is unprovable, which they might be aware of or not. Another criticism is the concept forwarded by many religions that salvation is dependent on knowing God (John 17:3). Thus adherents of those religions shouldn't consider themselves agnostic theists by choice, and strong-agnostic theists would not be a good fit for such religions.

Well, theres my faith, and that was my statement.

Comment

I was taught to believe in God since I was a lil boy. So I believe in God. Faith in Him has protected my life eversince.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Im Muslim but not religious at all

And I love Jesus! (yes Muslims believe in jesus!)

Comment

Athiest, I believe in self.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

501Accord....I totally respect everything you just said....but, please do not base anything in your faith on a fictional book that was written recently.

Of course now that I made that statement, I see the "well the Bible is fictional" statements coming so let me say that at the time the Bible was written, if you made false statements about God, you were put to death. Especially over something as major as Jesus being put to death, and coming back to life and rising to Heaven. If it were not for that one event with thousands of witnesses, Christianity would not exist today and would not be spread all over the world. What was put in the Bible at the time it was written (over thousands of years), every "story" had witnesses and if there were no witnesses, the writer would have been put to death for blasphemy. It was certainly a lot different then than it is today. So the Bible is only as fictional as you choose to believe. We can very names, places, dates, and so on. Does it mean that you have to follow it or believe it? No, we have free will. Does it mean that you're a bad person if you don't believe it? No.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
                Im Muslim but not religious at all

And I love Jesus! (yes Muslims believe in jesus!)
                Really??? Wow. You learn something new every day!!

Im a Christian.. Im no hard core dedicated one, but I still try my best to head to church on sundays and stuff. And the preacher can get a little confusing to me at times, so I interperet the bible on my own, and I have my own beliefs and thoughts about it. I try my best to do whats right for me, and Pray for guidance that I am doing the right thing. (i dont know if thats right or not...)

but I am a non denominational Christian, and my girlfriend is a confirmed Catholic.

I smell a sitcom

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  Athiest, I believe in self.
                  no bashing at all, but this reminds me of dane cook

"YA Well I hope some BIG SWEATY guy comes in the woods with an axe and chops him down! Then they print the BIBLE on him!!"

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

Im a confirmed Catholic, non-practicing.

I still believe, in fact I try to keep it as a small part of my life. However, Im def not hardcore about it at all. I was dating a Jewish girl up until a few days ago. haha.
                    -Mark-
                    CB7
                    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                      Im a confirmed Catholic, non-practicing.

I still believe, in fact I try to keep it as a small part of my life. However, Im def not hardcore about it at all. I was dating a Jewish girl up until a few days ago. haha.
                      pretty much the same here, just Christian instead of Catholic, and i never dated a jewish girl

Comment

This ones proving pretty hard to get over, honestly. but thats more because of who she was, and less because of the fact that she was jewish. haha.

she was also a red sox fan, which made the yankees fan in me cringe.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

Comment

just wondering..

i don't mean to start trouble, but if you belive in jesus christ and all that, sounds like you give jesus more credit than god himself?

i'm kinda confused how you love jesus more than god himself even though god is the one that created us and jesus too....

if this cause a problem i don't mind if you delete this
                          1991 White Accord LX 5-speed aka Lil' Red

Comment

To everyone that's posted so far and future posters....prayer is a powerful thing. If you're Atheist (like I once was), then you have no one to pray to, but for just about any other religion, the best thing you can do to expand your faith is to pray. By praying, you are asking for help and guidance and as it's said in the Bible, Quaran and other religious books, "ask and you shall receive".

My Accord History:

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Lil' Whitie
                              just wondering..

i don't mean to start trouble, but if you belive in jesus christ and all that, sounds like you give jesus more credit than god himself?

i'm kinda confused how you love jesus more than god himself even though god is the one that created us and jesus too....

if this cause a problem i don't mind if you delete this
                              I should probably let ACCLUDE touch on this, since hes far more versed than I am, but in my years and years of Catholic school, I was taught that God was more important, however, Jesus was the role model on Earth for us to follow as Catholics, and Christians, and since he was "God on earth" so to speak, he was worthy of the same praise that we give God.
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

Comment

Working...
                              X