Inspirational Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspirational Quotes

There's plenty of threads revolving around disrespectful and even morally questionable subjects but I did a search and couldn't find any that were centered around positive and uplifting messages. So here it is!

Post Quotes that are Inspirational, Uplifting, Positive, Educational, or Motivational. Nothing negative in this thread please. There's plenty of that in other threads.

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it. - Plutarch

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. - Albert Einstein

The more a man knows, the more he forgives. - Catherine the Great

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. - Henry Ward Beecher

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. - Latin Proverb

Remedy your deficiencies, and your merits will take care of themselves. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra

What you dislike in another take care to correct in yourself. - Thomas Sprat

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right.... - Martin Luther

If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance. - Orville Wright

Never say more than is necessary. - Richard Brinsley Sheridan

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo Galilei

We don't live in a world of reality, we live in a world of perceptions. - Gerald J. Simmons

Happiness resides not in posessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul. - Democritus

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. - George S. Patton

The Athenians, alarmed at the internal decay of their Republic, asked Demosthenes what to do. His reply: "Do not do what you are doing now." - Joseph Ray

When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us. - Helen Keller

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but religiously follows the new. - Henry David Thoreau

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it. - Johnette Napolitano

Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. - Leo Tolstoy

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first. - Shakespeare

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others. - Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Of all parts of wisdom the practice is the best. - John Tillotson

That which does not kill you makes you stronger. - Neitzsche

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke

The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time. - Richard Cech

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. - Chinese Proverb

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook. - William James

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. - ???

People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy. - Oliver Goldsmith

Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. - Samuel Johnson

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. - William B. Sprague

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. - St. Clement of Alexandra

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. - Benjamin Franklin

Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time. - Josh Billings

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. - Italian Proverb

As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. - Jules Renard

Govern thy life and thoughts as if the whole world were to see the one, and read the other. - Thomas Fuller

The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live. - Elbert Hubbard

The seat of knowledge is in the head, of wisdom, in the heart. - William Hazlitt

Live up to the best that is in you: Live noble lives, as you all may, in whatever condition you may find yourselves. - Henry W. Longfellow

Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving. - Dennis Waitley

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. - Leon J. Suenes

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will. - Jawaharal Nehru

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." - Edward Bulwer Lytton

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi

The geat blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it. - Seneca

Along with success comes a reputation for wisdom. - Euripides

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

They can because they think they can. - Virgil

No man was ever wise by chance. - Seneca

He who hesitates is lost. - Proverb

One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. - William Feather

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller

The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom. - Thomas Huxley

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. - Robert Collier

Every man has in himself a continent of undiscovered character. Happy is he who acts as the Columbus to his own soul. - Sir J. Stephen

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience. - Elbert Hubbard

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. - Herbert Bayard Swope

Unrest of spirit is a mark of life; one problem after another presents itself and in the solving of them we can find our greatest pleasure. - Kal Menninger

There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Impatience never commanded success. - Edwin H. Chapin

Years teach us more than books. - Berthold Auerbach

To live is like to love--all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. - Samuel Butler

The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and the other begins? - Edgar Alan Poe

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. - La Bruyere

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves. - Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. - Brian Tracy

Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind. - Seneca

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

One who understands much displays a greater simplicity of character than one who understands little. - Alexander Chase

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

That's a good start. Post more if you got 'em.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

i didnt read through all of your quotes, as you have a shit load, but heres one I really like

"When you do things right, people aren't sure you've done anything at all..."

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

We the unwilling
      Led by the unknowing
      Have done the impossible
      For the ungrateful
      We have done so much
      With so little
      For so long
      We can now do anything
      With nothing at all.

A daily reminder from my boss to do everything I can with anything I've got.

Mine.
      "Why don't you spend some money and get this door handle fixed?" - Everyone who rides in my passenger seat
      "Because I don't drive on that side." - Me

Accord Drivers against F transmissions on H motors #2

Comment

"Get away from people who have your problem and get with people who have your answer"
        -Michael Freeman, Senior Pastor SOFCC
        (my church)
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

wow somebody was bored at the moment but yeah those are some good quotes that we all heard from somebody or some way or another.....but will we go by them is what counts

Comment

A candle loses nothing by lighting another.
            I don't know who to credit on this but I remember it.
            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
            ><((((º>

Comment

They're not exactly quotes as much as stories, but here you go.

Muddy Road

Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together dawn a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling. Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection. "Come on, girl," said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud. Ekido did not speak again until that night, when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We monks don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?" "I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her?"
              --Zen Parable

The Thief Who Became a Disciple

One evening, as Shichiri Kojun was reciting sutras, a thief with a sharp sword entered, demanding either his money or his life. Shichiri told him: "Do not disturb me. You can find the money in that drawer." Then he resumed his recitation. A little while afterward, he stopped and called: "Don't take it all. I need some to pay taxes with tomorrow." The intruder gathered up most of the money a started to leave. "Thank a person when you receive a gift." Shichiri added. The man thanked him and made off. A few days afterward, the fellow was caught and confessed, among others, the offense against Shichiri. When Shichiri was called as a witness, he said: "This man is no thief, at least as far as I am concerned. I gave him the money and he thanked me for it." After he had finished his prison term, the man went to Shichiri and became his disciple.
              --Zen Parable

Originally posted by deevergote
              When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                There's plenty of threads revolving around disrespectful and even morally questionable subjects but I did a search and couldn't find any that were centered around positive and uplifting messages. So here it is!

Post Quotes that are Inspirational, Uplifting, Positive, Educational, or Motivational. Nothing negative in this thread please. There's plenty of that in other threads.

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it. - Plutarch

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value. - Albert Einstein

The more a man knows, the more he forgives. - Catherine the Great

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. - Henry Ward Beecher

A wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own. - Latin Proverb

Remedy your deficiencies, and your merits will take care of themselves. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. - Yogi Berra

What you dislike in another take care to correct in yourself. - Thomas Sprat

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right.... - Martin Luther

If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true were really true, there would be little hope of advance. - Orville Wright

Never say more than is necessary. - Richard Brinsley Sheridan

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mahatma Ghandi

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. - Galileo Galilei

We don't live in a world of reality, we live in a world of perceptions. - Gerald J. Simmons

Happiness resides not in posessions and not in gold; the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul. - Democritus

Take calculated risks. That is quite different from being rash. - George S. Patton

The Athenians, alarmed at the internal decay of their Republic, asked Demosthenes what to do. His reply: "Do not do what you are doing now." - Joseph Ray

When one door closes another opens. But often we look so long so regretfully upon the closed door that we fail to see the one that has opened for us. - Helen Keller

Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but religiously follows the new. - Henry David Thoreau

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it. - Johnette Napolitano

Happiness does not depend on outward things, but on the way we see them. - Leo Tolstoy

To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first. - Shakespeare

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others. - Solomon Ibn Gabriol

Of all parts of wisdom the practice is the best. - John Tillotson

That which does not kill you makes you stronger. - Neitzsche

The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke

The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time. - Richard Cech

It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness. - Chinese Proverb

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook. - William James

In absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia. - ???

People seldom improve when they have no other model but themselves to copy. - Oliver Goldsmith

Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome. - Samuel Johnson

Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking. - William B. Sprague

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes. - St. Clement of Alexandra

Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of. - Benjamin Franklin

Success does not consist in never making blunders, but in never making the same one a second time. - Josh Billings

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson

Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box. - Italian Proverb

As I grow to understand life less and less, I learn to love it more and more. - Jules Renard

Govern thy life and thoughts as if the whole world were to see the one, and read the other. - Thomas Fuller

The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live. - Elbert Hubbard

The seat of knowledge is in the head, of wisdom, in the heart. - William Hazlitt

Live up to the best that is in you: Live noble lives, as you all may, in whatever condition you may find yourselves. - Henry W. Longfellow

Failures do what is tension relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving. - Dennis Waitley

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. - Leon J. Suenes

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will. - Jawaharal Nehru

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." - Edward Bulwer Lytton

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will. - Vince Lombardi

The geat blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it. - Seneca

Along with success comes a reputation for wisdom. - Euripides

Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

They can because they think they can. - Virgil

No man was ever wise by chance. - Seneca

He who hesitates is lost. - Proverb

One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure. - William Feather

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. - Helen Keller

The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom. - Thomas Huxley

Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. - Robert Collier

Every man has in himself a continent of undiscovered character. Happy is he who acts as the Columbus to his own soul. - Sir J. Stephen

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience. - Elbert Hubbard

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody. - Herbert Bayard Swope

Unrest of spirit is a mark of life; one problem after another presents itself and in the solving of them we can find our greatest pleasure. - Kal Menninger

There are no classes in life for beginners: right away you are always asked to deal with what is most difficult. - Rainer Maria Rilke

Impatience never commanded success. - Edwin H. Chapin

Years teach us more than books. - Berthold Auerbach

To live is like to love--all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. - Samuel Butler

The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and the other begins? - Edgar Alan Poe

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. - La Bruyere

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves. - Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement. - Brian Tracy

Our plans miscarry because they have no aim. When a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind. - Seneca

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

One who understands much displays a greater simplicity of character than one who understands little. - Alexander Chase

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. - Albert Einstein

That's a good start. Post more if you got 'em.

did anyone read this?

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Ya, I did. Why do you ask?

Originally posted by deevergote
                  When you have to take a leak, and someone's in the bathroom, isn't it proper to piss in the fridge?

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCord
                    did anyone read this?
                    if your asking if we read all of it then no!

Now back on topic here are a few of my favorites quotes:

- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matter, compared to what lies within us” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

- "Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way..."

Comment

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCord
                        did anyone read this?
                        You clearly didn't. So the quotes above weren't worth wasting your time on, but making this particular post was worth wasting not only your time, but the time of those who read and respond to it. Way to go!

And yes, I read it. Every one. And they're all great.

I have some to add to it by Ben Franklin... he has said some clever and enjoyable things

-I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.

-Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.

Comment

Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?" I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

Anyone who thinks the sky is the limit, has limited imagination. - ????

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. - Buckminster Fuller

What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - John Lubbock

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. - Steven Covey

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. - ????

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. - Japanese Proverb

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

"When life gives you bullshit, slaughter that mother fucking bull and eat steak like a king"-me
                            Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Water and oil doesn't mix, but blood and oil do.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                              X