another exhaust citation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another exhaust citation.

just got another ticket for exhaust modification. this is bullshit. now I can get my shit barr'ed.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Whats ur exact setup up

how much was the ticket
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I just got cited today. it's a greddy sp1. not loud at all. has a deep sound to it, not enough to get a ticket. It is very blinging though.

Comment

Any reason for citation? If it's loud then the cop should have measured it with a decibel meter.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

How many citations have you recieved for this? How much is the fine?

Comment

hahahaha

I got a exhaust citation to Bro. My fine is 115$

Comment

Greddy is approved for sound ratings. UNless you are running some sort of straight pipe. OR the cop was bored. Fight it and see what happens.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

this eshaust is not loud. second one in two months. haven't even gone to court for the first one yet. this guy was a jerkface.

Comment

Does the ticket have a measurement on it, like how many decibles your car was making?

This is one of those laws that doesnt make sense to me, there are all kinds of variables that can effect the reading..

Comment

well, as long as the officer can hear it, thay can cite me for it. then when they do cite me for it, I take it to the state ref along with my car, and have them db test it. when it passes, they give me a certificate that states that my exhaust is barr'ed and legal.

Comment

The Government Home

Car Events

Car Clubs

Cars of Coachella

Facts & Rumors

The Government

The Avanti Page

Local Links

Auto Links
                      For more information about what the government is doing to automobile enthusiasts, check the Specialty Equipment Market Association Action Network. All news here is digested from the SAN articles.

CHP Exhaust
                      CHP Exhaust Noise Guidelines at a Glance
                      Exhaust Noise Standard
                      CHP Information Bulletin No. 98-100

CHP Exhaust

In response to complaints from SEMA and aftermarket exhaust system manufacturers, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) has issued new guidelines to clarify state exhaust noise regulations for use by all interested parties. The new guidelines make clear that aftermarket exhaust modifications do not in and of themselves violate muffler noise regulations unless the modifications result in noise levels exceeding California's 95-decibel limit.

Contrary to some citations issued recently, exhaust modifications that increase noise are not automatically illegal in California. The regulations allow exhaust modifications increasing noise up to 95 decibels. The California Vehicle Code does not prohibit exhaust modifications, modified tailpipes or muffler tips which increase exhaust noise levels over that of factory-installed systems as long as noise levels do not exceed the 95-decibel limit. Because California does not provide for practical roadside testing, enforcement stops will continue to require an officer's informed evaluation. CHP advises officers to issue "Notice to Correct" (fix-it tickets) when vehicles are judged in violation of the noise standard. This procedure will give vehicle owners an opportunity to nullify the citation by presenting materials demonstrating that the vehicle complies with the 95-decibel standard.
                      Because current regulations do not provide for practical roadside noise testing, enforcement stops will require an officer's informed, professional evaluation.

The exhaust noise provisions in 1036(d)(1) establish a limit of 95 dB(A) measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe outlet with the engine operating in neutral, at a specified speed typically between 3000 and 5000 rpm (see regulations for details). [Q9]. Exhaust system modifications are permitted to increase noise above the level of original factory installed systems as long as the 95-decibel limit is not exceeded. [Q10].

Comment

Yea what i thought there was a limit I always thought it was 97 for some reason. So he pulled you over for that damn I would see what he did if my friends z06 pulled up lol.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Good thing I don't live in Cali
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

if i was you id paint the muffler flat black so thay dont see it
                            Blake.
                            1994 Accord Part out!
                            Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              Yea what i thought there was a limit I always thought it was 97 for some reason. So he pulled you over for that damn I would see what he did if my friends z06 pulled up lol.
                              well, the cop will probably pull your friend over and check out his engine and bullshit with him for about an hour talking about his old 55 chevy ratt...
                              unless the cop hates american muscle, then your homie will be shit out of luck like us import tuners.

I forgot to mention, he walked to the front of my car to check if I had my license plate on too. fucken dumbass, I have one on too, but it says "cb790" and lowfrost made it, it's the japan replica plates. hahaha. how the hell did he miss that.

Comment

Working...
                              X