s2000 freeloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s2000 freeloading

. I am verry curious is to how.. or if you peeps think it is possible to wire up the s2000 guage cluster in the cb7....

i am just worried about the wires.. i can make the fitment work. any ideas.
    "Self Renewed"

I think it's been done, but it's quite complicated. There are likely a few people on here that could figure it out... It'd drive me insane, I know that much!

See if you can dig up wire diagrams for both the CB7 and the S2000. See what's similar, and what isn't.

Comment

never wondered, but i liked the cluster,

so i bought an AP1 last week after selling my cb7 a while back
      welcome to the DOHC-side..muuuahahahahahah

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1906

Comment

You sold the CB7? I liked that car! (and there aren't many pictures of CBs on racetracks!)

Comment

actually i heard its alot harder than its worth. I heard something about a different type of speed sensor on the S so you have to convert it to read the voltage from our type of sensor. I could be wrong, but i do remember that when i looked into the cluster swap previously, i had read about that. I had even found a guy in the UK who converts your s2k cluster to read your voltage and guarantees all the guages to work accurately. He was pretty pricey though

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            You sold the CB7? I liked that car! (and there aren't many pictures of CBs on racetracks!)
            yeah man.. sold her. i kinda miss her, i'm re-learning how to drive. i cant toss this car the way i tossed my cb7 around corners.

--the back comes out

---just for some of you guys, the cb7 is capable of keeping up with all the FF hondas out there including the R on track days.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordexr33
              actually i heard its alot harder than its worth. I heard something about a different type of speed sensor on the S so you have to convert it to read the voltage from our type of sensor. I could be wrong, but i do remember that when i looked into the cluster swap previously, i had read about that. I had even found a guy in the UK who converts your s2k cluster to read your voltage and guarantees all the guages to work accurately. He was pretty pricey though
              ive read that also....

If you make this work...let me know...the s2000 gauge cluster is awesome

-f22-dohc....The track in your sig....Where is it?....Is it shannonville?....If it is thats like 10 min from my house.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I'd rather do the Prelude cluster swap, myself... Not as fancy, but I feel it's a better fit! The s2k cluster is too futuristic for the CB7, IMO At least mine... It might fit in a car like yours better, Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                  ive read that also....

If you make this work...let me know...the s2000 gauge cluster is awesome

-f22-dohc....The track in your sig....Where is it?....Is it shannonville?....If it is thats like 10 min from my house.
                  yeah man...

nelson hairpin on the full track....(thats where i catch them hype R's )

Comment

guys its been done i posted a link a little while ago. basically its fucking hard to figure out the pulse sensors and shit because the s2k uses a much different system to track rpms and speed...so you need a converter which is hard when u dont know what it is....but i believe one guy figured it out and 2 people sell converter units for our older hondas...basically all we have to do is custom fit it.

here dick tokers:http://www.marklamond.co.uk/projects/s2000/s2000.htm

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

HT has a dude that did research. That would be the site. His research mainly deals with EG/EK/DC cars. And as mentioned there are some diff sensors such as how the speed sensor reads and how some of the other sensors go but yea. Thats about it.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Eesh... that'd be about $300-$400 for the conversion stuff alone, not including the cluster and whatever costs it would take to make it fit and look nice!

Well, I suppose when you're willing to spend $300 on a lip or grille, it's not really that outrageous.

Comment

i seen one in a civic or some shit like that cant think of the site i was on tho
                          UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                          NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                            I'd rather do the Prelude cluster swap, myself... Not as fancy, but I feel it's a better fit! The s2k cluster is too futuristic for the CB7, IMO At least mine... It might fit in a car like yours better, Brandon.

yeah, i think it would fit well in my car..
                            ' I do believe that with a few books and diagrams i could resolder and get everything in order and create a middle wiring harness to plug into the cluster then into the factory wiring.. i do believe the retrofit as well, will be much easier than expected.. but we will see..
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Try for a middle harness, as you said... I plan on making one for my radio and ECU (easy to do). That way you can figure things out slowly, without cutting important wires.

Personally, I would just buy the kit from the dude in the UK Why re-invent the wheel, especially when it might come out square? Though, it depends... do you want an s2k cluster in your car... or do you want to make an s2k cluster work in your car? Is it the project or the result you want? (I'm having a similar battle on 3geez.com about this right now, regarding the car in my sig!)

Comment

Working...
                              X