No announcement yet.

D.Blundell(creator of PGMFI.org) is being sued by Hondata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like someone said, if anything Honda Motor Corporation would be suing the hell of out Hondata from the very beginning along with PGMFI.org.

I do agree too that if PGMFI.org goes down forever...so will Hondata.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

here the story behind all this
      http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?p=95637

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
        Time to fire up my old zombie army and send it to Hondata's HQ.
        wat kind of ecus are they runnin

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          wat kind of ecus are they runnin
          They don't need ECU's. Them bitches run on dual-sidedraft Keihins.
          Originally posted by sweet91accord
          if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

absolute ludacracy, did hondata even investigate HOW said document/file/hack(whatever) was obtained and broadcasted on that site????

obviously, theres some sort of malice involved or im highly missing something

i think(speculation) that there was some sort of conversation between poster and hondata that prompted this escalated issue, also am i the only one who feels theres was an uncomfortable lingering amt of time between jan and NOW..........
            "You don't have to be a Phi Beta Kappa to know not to strip-search a girl who is accused of stealing change,"

I did gagoogity that girl. I gashmoigitied her gaflavity with my googis. And I am sorry.

Comment

There were demands from Hondata. Pretty much, they wanted control on pgmfi.org, without anyone knowing.

Of course, Dave wasn't gona put up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                There were demands from Hondata. Pretty much, they wanted control on pgmfi.org, without anyone knowing.

Of course, Dave wasn't gona put up with that.
                Thats just fucked up. What gives them a right to do shit like that. If they wanted a site why don't they make there own they have money. PGMFI.org is based on donations. Another thing its not just only there software they have other software Crome and Uberdata are just examples. Just listening to stuff like that is making Hondatas rep drop. Plus I am pretty sure some people on there use there software and reports like this is gonna screw them over. Maybe if they advertise in the next fast and the furious they might get there money back.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Yea, they never came out and said they wanted control, but that is the gist of it.

also, the hondata forum, MR hondata says that he's not suing He's trying to come to an agreement with Dave.

Originally posted by from hondata forum
                  Hondata is not suing pgmfi.org

Software was posted to PGMFI whose sole purpose was the theft of Hondata's intellectual property.

Blundell was asked to remove the software, but chose to do nothing, allowing additional users to download the software.

Blundell stated that this scenario was likely to happen again.

Blundell was asked to give Hondata the ability to delete or move future postings that violated Hondata's intellectual property.

Blundell declined to do so, or offer any way for Hondata to protect its intellectual property within the PGMFI forums.

Hondata asks nothing more than reasonable legal protection for its property and to prevent this from happening again.

The door is still open for Blundell to achieve this if he chooses to do so.

Derek Stevens & Doug Macmillan

Comment

go here for more info

http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7135

oh, and this from Hondatas user agreement

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      go here for more info

http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7135

oh, and this from Hondatas user agreement
                      heh....double standard, eh?
                      14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Man, I really need to go to law school. Shit like this can be so much fun.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

lol, same thing that's been crossing me mind all day.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            Man, I really need to go to law school. Shit like this can be so much fun.
                            I've been thinking the same thing

I think what we've been doing with this as opposed to practicing real law would be sort of like riding go-karts with no supervision as opposed to racing with strict regulations!

Comment

I don't know if this was said or not didn't read the whole thread but don't hondata need proof that this info was posted on his forum. How can they prove that the info was posted on his forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DTaccords85
                                I don't know if this was said or not didn't read the whole thread but don't hondata need proof that this info was posted on his forum. How can they prove that the info was posted on his forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X