well just walked out on my job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well just walked out on my job...

i USED to work at KFC. it was ok. at the oriantation the district manager maid everything seem like it was cool. i could be a manager in like 3 months making no less than like $40K. being in charge of the store and all. and then maybe moving up to be a district manager and be head over a bunch of stores and make even more money. i THOUGHT i even made a friend while i was at oriantation(and this guy was going to be my manager. i like being friends with management.)

little did i know that he didnt tell me id be placed at the crappiest store of the northern NC. 1st started working there, it was ok. i was cool with a couple of the shift leaders. made the store manager laugh every once in a while. then the problems arise:

1st: had to deal with 1 or 2 people blasting me out about not doing something. but guess what? i knew nothing about the stuff i got fussed at for. how to do certin things. how to cook certin things. then i had to deal with this one girl who threw a fit at me for no reason at all. i could say the SIMPLEST thing and she be about to fly off the hinge.

2nd: i had to deal with managers that didnt care. there WAS one that wanted to train like the crew trainers are supposed to but she ended up leaving. a month into it im still getting fussed at about stuff i didnt know. my fault? no. thats what the crew trainers are there for. to TRAIN th people who need it. did any of them ever come and say "terence. do you know how to do this?" no. but i get blasted out about not knowing stuff.

i argue back about the things they yelled at me about, but no. they're right, im wrong. thats all they see. im wrong for not knowing it. i admit that i had a part in getting the management to get me to train me on things. but thats not my job. thats why they call them crew TRAINERS thats why they got to that position. but they're just there to get that salery check every month. bastards....

end rant...

change is always good.
    DEVOTE

Comment

shitty bro...

All i can say is you gotta expect the worst with those kindas of jobs...
      93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
        change is always good.

lol. yeah it is. i went on an interview today and told the manager who interviewed me about the crap going on up there. he said "i know how oyu feel man. i JUST got out of a job like that. but theres nothing like that crap here. so youll be fine."

after i walked out tonight, i went right over there and talked to that same guy and he told me: "my manager will be talking to you on friday but most likely youll be starting on monday at oriantation." lol. so i got that job plus mcdonalds lined up. so ill be ok job wise.

Originally posted by Charliehstle209
        shitty bro...

All i can say is you gotta expect the worst with those kindas of jobs...
        yeah. it was ok at 1st. then people and management started actin shifty. and people kept quitting too. like 3 dudes that were working there before i got there left. now i know why.
        Last edited by Shadow1; 10-31-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

40k as a manager? they were blowing smoke up your ass, store managers get like 25k a year, i would find myself a different line of work.
          FA1

Comment

why go work at fast food places, arnt there any automotive stores hiring?
            miss my turbo cb7
            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

thats right. black man working with fried chicken. its funny.
              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
              Disregard females, acquire currency
              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                why go work at fast food places, arnt there any automotive stores hiring?

im trying to get on at auto zone. i put in an application already. i think they even pay to get my ASE certification too. or they help. one of the two. but ima check on that tomorrow tho.

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
                40k as a manager? they were blowing smoke up your ass, store managers get like 25k a year, i would find myself a different line of work.
                yeah. thats what i was told. i would go for detailing at a dealership but its winter and none of them are hiring. and finding a job at a shop around here at all is hard and finding a needle in a hay-stack thats 4 miles wide.

and landon. you crazy fool. lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                  and landon. you crazy fool. lmao
                  it happens *shrug*
                  "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                  "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                  Disregard females, acquire currency
                  BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Are you in some sort of school?

Comment

if you're going to spend a lot of time at a job... you have to enjoy it. If you dont, life is too short to jerk around. You probably saved yourself a lot of time.
                      My Car
                      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                        Are you in some sort of school?

no. not yet. my dad and step mom been telling me for the past year i need to go to school so i can open up my shop. if the banks see that i want a $5oK loan to start my shop but i dont have no education to back it up, theyll think twice about giving it to me. dispite how good my credit is.

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
                          if you're going to spend a lot of time at a job... you have to enjoy it. If you dont, life is too short to jerk around. You probably saved yourself a lot of time.

yeah. i started to LOATHE that job a month after working there. one week i got my hours cut REAL short. i had one day the entire week to work. come to find out, the guy that i met at oriantation that was supposed to be my manager, told the shift manager who did the schedualing that i wasnt enthusiastic enough about my job and i needed more training.

the 1st thing that went thru my head was i wanted to beat his face in. instead of giving me more hours so i could train, they CUT my hours b/c i didnt know anything and they didnt want to deal with me. bastards.

Comment

yea...you gotta realize that half of these people who work in the fast food chain dont even have a decent education.

it is fighting a losing battle, easier solved with a gun.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              it is fighting a losing battle, easier solved with a gun.
                              once again, you come through with great advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X