Halloween '07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween '07

What did you all do for halloween yesterday? I decided against going out drinking because i had a test early this morning, but i had quite the time last night.

me and a group of people made a trip down to Clinton Road in NJ. supposedly haunted with lots of ghost stories and sightings. very well known haunted road. we got there (10pm at night), and while it was creepy no doubt, it wasnt scary. there was already a few people there trying to play tricks on passer-bys, like a pair of SUVs chasing us down the road with no lights on.

so we packed up and headed back up to NY (around 12:30am), to a place weve been to before in the day time. the Middletown Psychiatric Center, which has been abandoned for decades. the floors are rotted through, theres crap everywhere, and its SCARY AS HELL!!!!! the main floors were cool and all, but it was familiar to me... so we decided to hit up the basement. VERY CREEPY SHIT DOWN THERE.

low, rotting, falling ceilings. random rusted out chairs and desks with rotten pipes everywhere. one room had stacks of open COFFINS! another room was for the ELECTRIC CHAIR, it had restraints on the walls, a MASSIVE power system, and heavy power cables that each were at least 1" in diameter. breaker switches the size of 3 car batteries that took your body weight to be able to flip.

completely unreal. i only have one picture that i took last time... the basement had some AMAZING, interesting, haunting places. im going to bring a camera and tripod and go back down there to take some cool pictures, ill post them someday when i actually do that.

so.... thats my story... what did you all do for halloween this year?

this was the main floor. imagine this, but darker, danker, scarier, with much creepier rooms and debris:

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/psychcenter.jpg[/img]

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

ahhhhhh

I miss Halloween

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

I worked. Sugar factories are creepy too.

Comment

why did they have an electric chair at a psychiatric hospital?

Sounds like an awesome time though. that is the kind of thing i wanted to do this Halloween, but didn't get to.

We went out with out 12 people for my best friends 21st birthday party. Dinner, then the bar, thats about it

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

went to ma nephews complex that 2 min next to a middle school,

and hid underneath cars

and trees and started to scared the living hell outa those kids
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

fucking did another motor swap in a 98 civic coupe. god damn swaps are killer. there were no kids going trick or threating at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

Sounds like an awesome time though. that is the kind of thing i wanted to do this Halloween, but didn't get to.

We went out with out 12 people for my best friends 21st birthday party. Dinner, then the bar, thats about it
              im not entirely sure if its really for an electric chair because there was no chair, it just seemed that way lol. it was just a semi-small room. the only thing in it was a lamp on the ceiling, centered over a raised platform. also coming from the ceiling was a huge metal pipe with four of those massive power cables coming out (cut). there were glass insulators along the walls with power lines looping across them. just outside the door was a huge power unit with the big breakers. next to the breakers was a huge blade-type lever switch, one of the ones you grab the handle with both hands and yank down. you ask why they might have had a chair, i ask why the hell they had that much crazy power running directly into that tiny room.

just a lot of crazy stuff down there. these places did a lot of experimenting and treated the patients horribly, thats why once they started getting exposed, they were all shut down and are now left abandoned. so who knows what that room was but it definitely wasnt anything good and happy. we found those bathtub shaped things that had straps and tie-downs to hold people down while they hosed them off. supposedly the Letchworth Village psychiatric center (like a little enclosed town) was much worse. ill be checking that one out sometime too.
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-01-2007, 12:06 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Me and Val have a friend from Jersey who was telling us about all the creepy shit you guys have down there.

we should take a trip some Halloween.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

well i took kiddos trick-or-treating ... it was fun ....

these are the crumbsnatchers
                  Last edited by jennaccord_210; 11-01-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Damn dude, we don't have jack SHIT like that in tucson.

Scariest thing in Tucson is the south side, thats just where all the Mexicans are. Not that I'm racist, thats just where all the thug mexicans live, lol.

Comment

school in the morning, work in the afternoon, basketball, came home.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

Back in that time period, there was a fine line between "treating" and "experimenting." To be sure, we learned about the human mind in that time period, but the unfortunate side of the "scientific process" is that if left uncontrolled, it can be not so pretty for those involved, especially when dealing with the human mind. Electroshock therapy, and all kinds of goodies like that were accepted back then.

Society back then wanted to have nothing to do with those people, and thus they were sent away to a place where they were out of sight and out of mind. What better way for psychiatrists and doctors to learn about the human body/mind, then on people that society wanted nothing to do with, and had all but forgotten about. And to top it off, in many cases a lot of the people there, extreme sociopaths, schizophrenics etc, often didn't know reality from imagination anyway.

People talk today about how unethical it is to experiment on lab rats and such, but the dirty truth is that we used to do it to humans in one capacity or another. Now that isn't to say that all asylums were guilty of "treating", but it did happen. Probably one reason they have such high reported incidents of "haunting."

Anyway, that definitely looks like some spooky shit. Especially when you think about what MIGHT have happened in those halls/rooms.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Had a drink at a local bar w/some friends. Was sad I didn't get my costume, and that I couldn't make it to the parade.

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I worked on metalworking homework in the lab at school and met an insanely gorgeous girl who was stuck in the same position. So my halloween sucked, but it didnt.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Went and saw Say Anything and Hellogoodbye in Allentown PA.

the venue was nice, but their soundchecking was terrible. every set had noticable feedback in the mics, and it took them at least 45 minutes each to set up and sound check for all 4 sets.

However, I enjoyed Say Anything and Hellogoodbye, so I was happy about it.
                              -Mark-
                              CB7
                              CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                              Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X